We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red face Suggestions for the greater good...

Hello fellow LOTRO players, NSA, and Admins... these are some suggestions I have compiled over a couple months now and I hope you guys like them.

First off, I just pre-ordered Helm's Deep and I am very sad about the fact that you get a shield instead of a cloak this time. What I suggest is that a cloak be made for the light and medium classes and the heavy armour classes keep their shield... my lore-master looks stupid with a shield on his back. (Great job on the steed this time though.)

Designing my own weapon in LOTRO has been a dream I have had from the very minute I equipped my new level 85 First Age bow. That bow is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I hope that someday we will be able to customize what our LI's look like and not just the bonuses. This would make me very happy.

This suggestion seems like an obvious fix to the game, but that's just me... When I first saw that F2P and Premium accounts only get to play as a reaver, I was very sad... so sad that I named my guy Sadmos :P. I propose that F2P and Premium players get to choose which monster type they get to be, their first choice is free and other classes lock until unlock via store.

Stable masters for Freeps in moors between currently held outposts and GV would be an amazing addition...

One thing I hate seeing in the game is the fact that there is close to no dynamic map interaction as well as time seems to be frozen once you finish all the quests in an area. Try to start making it look like progress has been made in middle earth once a character reaches a certain number of levels higher than the area… Archet and Trestlebridge still look exactly the same as six years ago…

~Gilahn

P.S. If you gave creeps some mounts, I would love you forever.
    [URL=http://s98.photobucket.com/user/seanjestel/media/download4_zps92ec3869.jpg.html][IMG]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/seanjestel/download4_zps92ec3869.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    "History is written by the victor." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeos View Post
    Hello fellow LOTRO players, NSA, and Admins... these are some suggestions I have compiled over a couple months now and I hope you guys like them.

First off, I just pre-ordered Helm's Deep and I am very sad about the fact that you get a shield instead of a cloak this time. What I suggest is that a cloak be made for the light and medium classes and the heavy armour classes keep their shield... my lore-master looks stupid with a shield on his back. (Great job on the steed this time though.)

Designing my own weapon in LOTRO has been a dream I have had from the very minute I equipped my new level 85 First Age bow. That bow is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I hope that someday we will be able to customize what our LI's look like and not just the bonuses. This would make me very happy.

This suggestion seems like an obvious fix to the game, but that's just me... When I first saw that F2P and Premium accounts only get to play as a reaver, I was very sad... so sad that I named my guy Sadmos :P. I propose that F2P and Premium players get to choose which monster type they get to be, their first choice is free and other classes lock until unlock via store.

Stable masters for Freeps in moors between currently held outposts and GV would be an amazing addition...

One thing I hate seeing in the game is the fact that there is close to no dynamic map interaction as well as time seems to be frozen once you finish all the quests in an area. Try to start making it look like progress has been made in middle earth once a character reaches a certain number of levels higher than the area… Archet and Trestlebridge still look exactly the same as six years ago…

~Gilahn

P.S. If you gave creeps some mounts, I would love you forever.
    I believe the "shield" item is cosmetically a shield slung across your back, but it uses a cloak slot.

There have been many threads asking for cosmetic items over the years. I think there's one on the front page of suggestions now. Add your voice to it.

Problem with pick your monster class is that there is nothing stopping a free/premium player from creating an F2P account for each monster class they like in order to play it. Nobody would buy more monster classes in the store. End of revenue stream.

Phasing has been added to the end content of LOTRO. You rebuild Hytbold on character A, and it looks rebuilt. You character B or someone else's character still sees burned out Hytbold until the rebuilt it on that character.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    I believe the "shield" item is cosmetically a shield slung across your back, but it uses a cloak slot.

There have been many threads asking for cosmetic items over the years. I think there's one on the front page of suggestions now. Add your voice to it.

Problem with pick your monster class is that there is nothing stopping a free/premium player from creating an F2P account for each monster class they like in order to play it. Nobody would buy more monster classes in the store. End of revenue stream.

Phasing has been added to the end content of LOTRO. You rebuild Hytbold on character A, and it looks rebuilt. You character B or someone else's character still sees burned out Hytbold until the rebuilt it on that character.
    Yes I just dont want a shield for my light armour classes until they reach level 85.

When I said I wanted the map to change with time I meant how Archet is still being rebuilt even though my character has been six years past that point.
    [URL=http://s98.photobucket.com/user/seanjestel/media/download4_zps92ec3869.jpg.html][IMG]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/seanjestel/download4_zps92ec3869.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

What? There is nothing wrong on using a shield to cover your back. It looks cool & is far more practical than the cloak in middle of combat. I still want my snuggy cloak for sleepy time after the fight . Anyways is not like im using that shield to block like a guard.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Hello fellow LOTRO players, NSA, and Admins...
    You, my friend, just made my day... LOL
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

When I said I wanted the map to change with time I meant how Archet is still being rebuilt even though my character has been six years past that point.
    In real life six years have passed. Within the story of Lord of the Rings it is only been like six months since the game started. The game appears to have started around the time Frodo left Hobbiton in August 3018. Currently we in February 3019.

Although rebuilding of Archet would have started while we are gone. It is no longer under way. Most likely Archet has been destroyed again and more or less abandoned. The real rebuilding will not begin until after the One Ring is destroyed. Free People military units, Ranger or Fellowship members return to push out the folks that has seized control of Bree, Archet, Combe, The Shire. Adso's camp has most likely burned down and Adso killed.

The other thing to remember especially in the older regions like Bree. They are time locked. When you travel across the landscape from region to region you are not only moving NESW, up and down - you moving forward and backwards in time.

It MIGHT be nice if Bree phased based on where you are in the Epic Line. If you done enough of the Epic line, you would find that the South Bree and West Bree stables deactivate because Bree changes sides to faction Sauron and his buddies. There is no auction hall, crafting hall or friendly NPCs like forge master in Bree for you. Instead there are enemy mobs occupying the city.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Hello fellow LOTRO players, NSA, and Admins...
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    You, my friend, just made my day... LOL
    I personally preffer to pretend that i didn't notice that NSA have nothing better to do than following my every move in game. It just ruins my game inmersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    In real life six years have passed. Within the story of Lord of the Rings it is only been like six months since the game started. The game appears to have started around the time Frodo left Hobbiton in August 3018. Currently we in February 3019.

Although rebuilding of Archet would have started while we are gone. It is no longer under way. Most likely Archet has been destroyed again and more or less abandoned. The real rebuilding will not begin until after the One Ring is destroyed. Free People military units, Ranger or Fellowship members return to push out the folks that has seized control of Bree, Archet, Combe, The Shire. Adso's camp has most likely burned down and Adso killed.

The other thing to remember especially in the older regions like Bree. They are time locked. When you travel across the landscape from region to region you are not only moving NESW, up and down - you moving forward and backwards in time.

It MIGHT be nice if Bree phased based on where you are in the Epic Line. If you done enough of the Epic line, you would find that the South Bree and West Bree stables deactivate because Bree changes sides to faction Sauron and his buddies. There is no auction hall, crafting hall or friendly NPCs like forge master in Bree for you. Instead there are enemy mobs occupying the city.
    I was merely using Archet as an example... other places and people have been doing the exact same thing for six months as you say it has been. (I highly doubt that only six months have past in game time though.)

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I personally preffer to pretend that i didn't notice that NSA have nothing better to do than following my every move in game. It just ruins my game inmersion.
    I just find it funny he worded it that way... Most of the time I don't even care either, but it's funny when you see someone point it out.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Also, I want to ask if they could get rid of the pack behind the shield and just have the shield on your back.

(I highly doubt that only six months have past in game time though.)
    Yula is correct on that point. In Book I.1, you help protect Fatty Bolger right after Frodo has left. At Buckland, it's the day after the Black Riders came through. At the end of Book III.9, it's right at the end of February and, since we're going to the Battle of the Horburg as part of HD, we have to be at the beginning of March. The Ring goes to the fire in about 3 weeks of internal chronology. In that three weeks we have to have, Second Isen Fords, Helm's Deep, the Ents take over Isengard, Saruman's staff is broken, various party members go to Minas Tirith, Aragorn sets out (with the Grey Company) on the Paths of the Dead, the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, the Battle at the Black Gate, the destruction of the Ring, and fall of Sauron. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff, much of which will be "off stage". That's probably going to take about 3 or 4 expansions.

Also, I want to ask if they could get rid of the pack behind the shield and just have the shield on your back.
    I like that cute backpack between the shield & me, it adds cushion! Dont remove it please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Yula is correct on that point. In Book I.1, you help protect Fatty Bolger right after Frodo has left. At Buckland, it's the day after the Black Riders came through. At the end of Book III.9, it's right at the end of February and, since we're going to the Battle of the Horburg as part of HD, we have to be at the beginning of March. The Ring goes to the fire in about 3 weeks of internal chronology. In that three weeks we have to have, Second Isen Fords, Helm's Deep, the Ents take over Isengard, Saruman's staff is broken, various party members go to Minas Tirith, Aragorn sets out (with the Grey Company) on the Paths of the Dead, the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, the Battle at the Black Gate, the destruction of the Ring, and fall of Sauron. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff, much of which will be "off stage". That's probably going to take about 3 or 4 expansions.
    I was talking about the game time that has passed along with ours... not the time from the lore.

About the shield: You do know you can wear the 'shield-cloak' for the stats and cosmetically equip any cloak you have for the looks? Outfit system and wardrobe system? Just not in the Moors, that's all.

About the picking one's own weapon's looks. Yeah, I'd wish wish wish for a way to change the looks of my weapons! Apparently this would require a too costly venture into the game's systems. At least it did when this MMO was still subscription based. My bet is that if the housing revamp proves a blockbuster in the Store, such fluff as buying a weapon look for TP may also find it's way in-game. It's all about getting the business case right.