We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

I downloaded the games but when i make a charecter there is no race selection

Hi, snipersneaky, welcome to Middle Earth and the forums.

Can you please supply some more detail as to what exactly the issue you're having is?

Your current post is a little too vague to make it possible to give any help.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

If you are making a Captain, then the only race you can be is Man and the other race choices are grayed out.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

I downloaded LoTRO but when i go to make a charecter i can pick a class but it says there is no option of race. It says race in the top left but there is no race choices to pick from

Some classes only have one race.

What class are you trying to make?
    As said above, some classes aren't available for all races. Can you give us a little more detail please?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Lightbulb

I beleive you choose race before class, you already passed that option, go back to change race.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I beleive you choose race before class, you already passed that option, go back to change race.
    Race and class selection is on the same screen, so no need (or even possibility) to go back.

There have been similar reports in the past. One solution that worked in many cases was to switch graphics to DX9 rather than DX10 or DX11.

There is apparently some bug that causes parts of the character creation screen to sometimes not display correctly when using DX10/DX11.

What class is selected? Does selecting a different class give different racial choices?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

No, so the screen to make a class has no races to pick from at all no matter what i choose as a class. Ive tried reinstalling the game but it does not work so I figured someone else would be able to help me.

Very intriguing issue you have there, I've not come across it before.

In view of that I have no instant help I can give you, but I'll try to work through a few things with you to see if we can find a solution.

As such, could you please provide as much detail as you possibly can about your system and what steps you may already have taken to try to resolve this?

I cannot guarantee I will be able to solve it, but I'll try, if you're willing to work with me.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

I have deleted LoTRO then redownloaded it and my computer is older 2009 but i have played LoTRO before on this system so i can try deleting everything LoTRO and Turbine related then downloading again