We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Female Dwarf?

Hybrid View

Female Dwarf?

I've been playing for a few weeks now and I really love the game... but I'm sad I couldn't choose to be a female dwarf.

Nothing is stopping you from choosing to play a female dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from choosing to play a female dwarf.
    Except that there is no gender option, as there is with all other races...

Quote Originally Posted by Z0mbiegrl View Post
    I'm sure you'll find a few conversations in the suggestions forum about dwarven gender, but the short version is: nobody can tell them apart anyway.

I'm sure you'll find a few conversations in the suggestions forum about dwarven gender, but the short version is: nobody can tell them apart anyway.

That's not a good reason to exclude a gender option. Dwarves may be androgynous but they are NOT asexual.

That's not a good reason to exclude a gender option. Dwarves may be androgynous but they are NOT asexual.
    Of course not, but that doesn't mean they acted feminine in any way non-Dwarves could recognise. I'm not sure 'androgynous' is really the right word because it implies showing both male and female qualities or characteristics, whereas they appeared specifically male to everybody else, at least given how they dressed in the outside world.

Dude that was a joke not a fact dwarf women don't have beards I am sure they would look rough I am sure but no beards I am sure. This has always beeb a stupid oversight in the game
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Dude that was a joke not a fact dwarf women don't have beards I am sure they would look rough I am sure but no beards I am sure. This has always beeb a stupid oversight in the game
    More an oversight of people that think that women of every fantasy race need to be sexy(in the eyes of humans), have boobs and no beards.
    Nothing here matters.

There's a dwarf in Thorin's Gate that occasionally mentions that his wife is back home, braiding her beard. I think he's up in Frerin's Court.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Dwarf-women
    Dwarves wanted their women to be protected from other races and they usually kept them concealed inside their mountain halls. They seldom traveled in the outside world, only in great need, and when they did, they were dressed as men; with similar voice and appearance as male dwarves, even when they are rarely seen they are usually mistaken for a male. All Dwarves had beards from the beginning of their lives
    Actually, they did.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

That implies that you can't be a male dwarf either!

As ugly as they may be Female dwarves are a reality... J.R.R.Tolkien mentions them as all the others are saying... now if they don't add them in....I'm not going to be TOO sad...as a female saying "Drat...I forgot to shave this morning" is rather gross...

My dwarves are feminine, even if Turbine calls them Kinsmen.