We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmunney View Post
    I have not read the entire thread but.... I am the first and only tank that completed all 3 erebor raids t2 on my server when 85 was cap so Id say Im a pretty good guard. The guardian class is broke. Blue line is terribly useless for tanking more than 2 mobs. You need to bring back littany of defiance as a threat generator, whirling retaliation as threat generator , vexing blow(which is useless now) and shield taunt add more threat passively ( sorry to be rude) and yes im telling not asking. Make them deep in blue line.

It seems we are a poormans champ as we need dps to tank and shields are useless!!

I have a capped champ and guard both fully geared. Tanking on them is scarily similar. They have become the same class. The parry/block response cancelling each other i believe is a known issue. We are the only class (and perhaps wardens) that CANNOT stack our main stat for our main role. I have gotten all pieces with 217 vitality and it has made tanking more difficult!!!!

Come on really?? FIX THIS CLASS
    Dmunney, I tend to disagree with you on this. I have no problem holding aggro with the skills they provide. I regularly raid with champs, LMs, and hunters. Never had a problem pulling aggro from any of them nor holding it. What I think you are forgetting is that DPS is now part of a Guards threat generation. Skills like vexing blow, whirling retaliation, and such help generate more DPS and since Guards get a 3x bonus to their DPS generating threat they help even more. Try mixing up Might and Vit. If you are trying to go with a full Vit build, you are probably losing out in the DPS side of things.

And dont be so rude..."telling them" will most likely get you no where. Also throwing around your self-importance also only makes you look silly. Many of us have been playing since initial launch and are capped everything/best armor/best jewelry, ect.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000027a67b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dmunney View Post
    I have not read the entire thread but.... I am the first and only tank that completed all 3 erebor raids t2 on my server when 85 was cap so Id say Im a pretty good guard. The guardian class is broke. Blue line is terribly useless for tanking more than 2 mobs. You need to bring back littany of defiance as a threat generator, whirling retaliation as threat generator , vexing blow(which is useless now) and shield taunt add more threat passively ( sorry to be rude) and yes im telling not asking. Make them deep in blue line.

It seems we are a poormans champ as we need dps to tank and shields are useless!!

I have a capped champ and guard both fully geared. Tanking on them is scarily similar. They have become the same class. The parry/block response cancelling each other i believe is a known issue. We are the only class (and perhaps wardens) that CANNOT stack our main stat for our main role. I have gotten all pieces with 217 vitality and it has made tanking more difficult!!!!

Come on really?? FIX THIS CLASS
    I agree with much of this - I am my kin's main tank, and as such I was tanking Gortheron HM earlier in the week. The problem comes when, as is stated above, I'm required to tank more than one mob, boss tanking is fine, but grabbing a pile of adds is now impossible, because as soon as challenge's forced aggro has run out, a single heal from a yellow traited captain brings them running back to them (cappy is yellow traited to deal with another wave of adds). The captain wasn't even using his forced aggro, and yet a heal is more potent than anything I can do to the mob, especially because 'tanking through damage' is simply not possible in blue, yet blue is the only line in which I can survive the +500% damage that the boss does when fully powered (which is the challenge). Sure, I can hold one mob permanently spamming fray the edge, and I can generally keep a second under control, but anything more than this, and I'm stuffed.

While I know you said, Verizal, that the focus was meant to move to survivability rather than threat, I'm afraid that the intention to simplify threat and make it happen naturally is just not working for more than 1 or 2 mobs. Its all very well if we survive every encounter we come across, but it means nothing if the rest of the raid dies because we can't hold the mobs off them. There is nothing worse as a tank than seeing your healers or the assisting tank dying because you were unable to hold aggro of the relevant mobs, nor as a raid leader having to acknowledge every time that the reason you keep failing the challenge (wiping at the last hurdle) is because it is YOU that cannot hold aggro.

Verizal, please, fix AoE aggro - give us a decent skill, like litany which can have a threat over time component, and allow us to retain some threat once challenge has worn off. I'm not asking for tanking to be made easier, rather more plausible, because at the moment shield taunt and challenge, in addition to a few medicore AoE attacks (vexing and sweeping's damage, and therefore threat, is insignificant compared to the dps of a yellow traited champ or the heals of a yellow traited cappy, while shield smash is hidden at the end of a reaction chain and whirling ret seriously misses the threat leech component it used to possess) are simply not enough to hold a large number of mobs, and are making playing a tanking guardian not much fun at all.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Idelphor View Post
    Dmunney, I tend to disagree with you on this. I have no problem holding aggro with the skills they provide. I regularly raid with champs, LMs, and hunters. Never had a problem pulling aggro from any of them nor holding it. What I think you are forgetting is that DPS is now part of a Guards threat generation. Skills like vexing blow, whirling retaliation, and such help generate more DPS and since Guards get a 3x bonus to their DPS generating threat they help even more. Try mixing up Might and Vit. If you are trying to go with a full Vit build, you are probably losing out in the DPS side of things.

And dont be so rude..."telling them" will most likely get you no where. Also throwing around your self-importance also only makes you look silly. Many of us have been playing since initial launch and are capped everything/best armor/best jewelry, ect.
    DUH that's my point I'm not forgetting dps is part of agro 'im saying that's the problem. Come on I said tanking was like tanking on champ. Geez really... Trying mixing vit and might NOOOOOOOO!! That's what I said why cant I stack my main stat for main role plz READ!!! OMG everything u wrote I already know!! ITS THE PROBLEM!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6