We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

New Premium Player - Need to buy Quest Packs?

Hi, my wife and I just started playing LOTRO 2 days ago. I'm a Dwarf Champion and she's a Hobbit Burglar. We finished the Introduction quests and we're both at Level 10 now. I had something pop up and suggested that I buy the 'Shadows of Angmar' Quest Pack. If I plan on buying the Quad Expansion Pack soon, do I need this? How many Quest Packs will I eventually end up needing to buy? What levels will SoA help me reach and when do I complete them (after Thorin's Gate and the Farmers Faire? Or are there other areas I need to explore first?)?

I cannot find anything on the Shadows of Angmar Quest Pack, but I assume it covers the regions listed below from The North Downs to Eregion (read the description). It probably gives you a discount over buying the areas separately and sounds like a good deal. Just note that it is possible to skip zones and save money if you buy only what you need, since region levels overlap.

Region
    Levels
    Turbine Point Cost
    The Shire 1-15 Free
    Ered Luin 1-15 Free
    Bree-land 1-25, 30 Free
    The Lone-lands 15-35 Free
    The North Downs 18-40 595
    Evendim 27-40 595
    The Trollshaws 30-50 595
    Misty Mountains 39-50 695
    Angmar 40-52 795
    Forchel 39-52 595
    Eregion 45-55 695
    Moria and Onwards 50-85 Quad Expansion Pack

The Farmer's Faire is for all levels (experience scales to your level), but is a temporary event.

That's great and really helpful. Thanks!

I'll check and see what that pack includes before buying.

I'd recommend getting Evendim, and Angmar or Forochel.

You might have to get both because 40-50 is a bit tricky.

Evendim is pretty much a must, and will take you from about 30-38/9. As mentioned above, 40-50 gets a bit tricky, as they originally intended to have you area hop quite a bit and nothing between Evendim and Moria has been revamped. Your preferred path may end up different depending on how much/little you wish to pay, but I can give you the basic questing path I take for each toon.

Evendim to 39

Angmar to 43/4(not including east angmar which is mostly fellowship quests)

Forochel to 46

Eregion to 50

Moria to ~58

Note that my preferred path includes vip rest/perks xp, so a daily dose of duoed skirmishes may be in order to round out the xp #s.

I don't recall what is in the quad pack atm, but after Moria I go to Enedwath until 65, then dunland to 75, then rohan to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Davingrim View Post
    Hi, my wife and I just started playing LOTRO 2 days ago. I'm a Dwarf Champion and she's a Hobbit Burglar. We finished the Introduction quests and we're both at Level 10 now. I had something pop up and suggested that I buy the 'Shadows of Angmar' Quest Pack. If I plan on buying the Quad Expansion Pack soon, do I need this? How many Quest Packs will I eventually end up needing to buy? What levels will SoA help me reach and when do I complete them (after Thorin's Gate and the Farmers Faire? Or are there other areas I need to explore first?)?
    If you are Premium (and not VIP) then you will run out of deeds and non-Epic quests around level 30 when you complete the Lonelands. (Right now you're probably questing in the Shire or Ered Luin.) Quest packs are how you buy access to deeds and non-Epic quests in a zone. The "Shadows of Angmar" quest pack is a new one to me; I'm not sure what that means and I recommend you find out which zones are included before you buy it.

The Quad Expansion pack will unlock the expansion zones for you. Those are Moria (level 50-60), Mirkwood (level 60-65), Isengard (level 65-75) and Rohan (level 75-85). Helm's Deep (the 5th expansion) will be released in November and cover level 85 (current level cap) to 95.

You'll need other zones, like Evendim (recommended for level 30-40) to get you high enough to enter Moria. There are also other high level zones, like Eneidwaith (58 to 65, I think) and Wildermore (level 75), that you won't have the quest pack for, though that may not be something you care about at this point..
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I suggest you go VIP for 1 month. It will unlock alot of things that you can keep after you drop subs. During the VIP period, every character you creat or log in will have gold cap, bag slots and trait slots unlock, and if that char already learn riding skill (free for VIP at level 20) you can keep that too. So make as many char as you can, just in case you want to play another class later. I suggest wait till level 20 for paying subs. You might have time to play thru a few zones before the subs ended.

2 most important zones (beside the quad expansion pack):
    - Evendim
    - Eregion

like others said i would go for

30-40 evendim
    40-44 west angmar
    44-48 eregion
    48-52 eregion and east angmar
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    I suggest you go VIP for 1 month. It will unlock alot of things that you can keep after you drop subs. During the VIP period, every character you creat or log in will have gold cap, bag slots and trait slots unlock, and if that char already learn riding skill (free for VIP at level 20) you can keep that too. So make as many char as you can, just in case you want to play another class later. I suggest wait till level 20 for paying subs. You might have time to play thru a few zones before the subs ended.

2 most important zones (beside the quad expansion pack):
    - Evendim
    - Eregion
    Minor correction to the above: Every character you create AND login will get VIP bonuses unlocked permanently (even if you drop to Premium after the first month). If you just create them and don't log them in, they will not get these bonuses. You do not have to play them tho it is suggested you at least get each toon out of the starter area so that they can access mail and vault space for extra storage.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]