We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I hope the statue only shows players from my server.
    I'm not interested in seeing a list of players that exist outside the small universe of my own server.

Especially as the list will be dominated by players from servers with 24/7 Hele farming raids during the high drop rate time.
    That was never an option for players on Eldar, given the low activity and apathy.

This news actually saddens me.

Had it been revealed when the Bounder's Bounty began that biggest/fastest contributors would be listed on a plaque on the new statue, I'm sure all the servers would have been racing to donate and be the 1st server or the biggest single contributor. Giving everyone an equal chance at getting their name or server name on the plauque. :/

It feels to me this decision was an after thought and is rewarding the big/popular servers. *shrugs*

I'd be happier with just recognizing the top 10 (from each server) donaters of the event and leave the top 5 servers out of it. :/

Just my few cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanaci View Post
    This news actually saddens me.

Had it been revealed when the Bounder's Bounty began that biggest/fastest contributors would be listed on a plaque on the new statue, I'm sure all the servers would have been racing to donate and be the 1st server or the biggest single contributor. Giving everyone an equal chance at getting their name or server name on the plauque. :/
    Everyone did have an equal chance. We all had a choice to donate or save up equally.

Kind of an interesting little social experiment you're running there, Turbine.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    1. We're still determining exactly how many names will be on the statue. We're also still determining whether or not the recognition will be a "highest contributors on each server" or "highest contributors globally" thing.
    It's going to have to be "highest contributors on each server" considering the different servers had different drop rates for extended periods of time, don't you think?
    Within this past week, Alianne_EU of Gilrain, Fipiara of Firefoot, and myself on Silverlode (and I'm sure others I'm forgetting) killed thousands of mobs and tracked what % of them dropped bags. Gilrain and Firefoot showed ~4-5%, while Silverlode showed ~1%. I even made characters on their servers and could quickly see that drop rates were higher.
    Given this, I don't see how you could even consider doing a "highest contributors globally" thing.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    It's going to have to be "highest contributors on each server" considering the different servers had different drop rates for extended periods of time, don't you think?..
    Given this, I don't see how you could even consider doing a "highest contributors globally" thing.
    This sums up my thinking. Without a level-playing field, its best to recognize each world on its own.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    No reason whatsoever to put other servers on the statue other than to rub it it into the faces of the smaller servers. As is, all this does is celebrate the work of the server with the most people/multiboxers.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    Everyone did have an equal chance. We all had a choice to donate or save up equally.

Kind of an interesting little social experiment you're running there, Turbine.

Yes, everyone DID have an equal chance. And the chance would have been far more far had they announced this prize PRIOR to starting the Bounder's Bounty.

However, announcing that they were going to be putting the top 5 fastest to save up servers on the plaque NOW rather than PRIOR to the Bounders Bounty starting creates animosity on the smaller less populated servers.

Yes, every server is at least to a million tokens donated. But, it is still unfair that turbine did not take into account the populous of each server when deciding to announce the prize now.

Just my few cents.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    No reason whatsoever to put other servers on the statue other than to rub it it into the faces of the smaller servers. As is, all this does is celebrate the work of the server with the most people/multiboxers.

Exactly! I've played other servers...a couple of the larger ones, and find tat some of the players on those servers can be quite cocky and full of themselves as it is. No reason to to put server names on the statue and have animosity (as stated above in my other post) among the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    It's going to have to be "highest contributors on each server" considering the different servers had different drop rates for extended periods of time, don't you think?
    Within this past week, Alianne_EU of Gilrain, Fipiara of Firefoot, and myself on Silverlode (and I'm sure others I'm forgetting) killed thousands of mobs and tracked what % of them dropped bags. Gilrain and Firefoot showed ~4-5%, while Silverlode showed ~1%. I even made characters on their servers and could quickly see that drop rates were higher.
    Agreed with that, i would add though that even on per server basis the playing field isn't even. Unless the drop rate is raised again anyone not around during the high drop rate times will have absolutely no chance to catch up.
    I'm kinda thinking the whole thing wasn't planned that well :P
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Agreed with that, i would add though that even on per server basis the playing field isn't even. Unless the drop rate is raised again anyone not around during the high drop rate times will have absolutely no chance to catch up.
    Indeed.

Pre-festival, I was getting 1000 a day on one character in the time I spent playing (two to four hours a day). I've not broken 1000 since the festival because I did not want to do festival quests over and over. I'm currently at just under 900 Tokens since the FF started (spent the 2500 I had for tier three on my third character on the day after the festival.)

Even if someone wanted to try to catch up, there's no way they can. And also, how damned long til the bug is fixed where players can't donate after the goal is reached and characters under a certain level aren't getting credit? It's been about three weeks since the event was started and the bugs were reported.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Indeed.

Pre-festival, I was getting 1000 a day on one character in the time I spent playing (two to four hours a day).
    Pre festival I was getting ~2500 a day on one character in the time I spent playing. ; With the festival, My average daily gain was ~900 tokens for the entire account for the same period of time and an activity I didnt enjoy nearly as much.

I just want the old rates back. For everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I just want the old rates back. For everyone.
    That's probably one of the few things on this board where nearly everyone agrees with each other.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    That's probably one of the few things on this board where nearly everyone agrees with each other.
    Agreed. Very little unanimity in the forums but this would be one I'd say gets it.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

That's something at least, thank you. I'm not keen on shelling out dollar for this though.

Can we just have a new statue that has a plaque that just says for all your efforts we thank you?

No names of players as it is likely to be botters who get glorified.
    No servers as it may surprise you guys in la la land but the bigger populations were always going to come first weren't they?
    Leader of [url=http://hopeandglory.eu]Hope & Glory[/url] LOTRO Division

Does it count after finishing the statue?
    Freiheit ist nicht nur ein Recht. Freiheit ist eine permanente Aufgabe, ein dauerhafter Prozeß.
    Kurt Biedenkopf (*1930), deutscher Wirtschaftjurist und CDU-Politiker

It will, once you're able to donate after it's finished.

EdgeCase
    Originally Posted by Crell_1
    1. How many contributors per world are you recognizing on the statue?
    2. Will only donations prior to the completion of the 1.75 million goal be counted?

1. We're still determining exactly how many names will be on the statue. We're also still determining whether or not the recognition will be a "highest contributors on each server" or "highest contributors globally" thing.
    2. Nope! We'll be fixing the bug where you can't donate more than 1.75 million tokens on a particular server soon, and donations made past 1.75 million will count just as much for this purpose as donations made before. One thing to note is that the number on the statue won't actually go up after it hits 1.75 million.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

So after reading OP from Edgecase the way i see it translated is.....

This was a race the small servers could never win, so turbine are actually not treating everyone the same way, they are saying "so what if you're a small server, you can't win but we don't care"

The winners openly admitted how they won "the race" , someone from Vanyar came onto our server and told us the best way to farm, saying how they did it in Hele, so anyone not bottin' equally has no chance to be 1 of the top contributors either, so again Turbine are saying they don't care.

As a huge company Turbine should be well aware of equal opportunities, and yet they create something that is unfair in every way.

I wonder if they will equally not care if the winners have really silly names, totally against lore, will they look at the statue plaque with pride thinking how well DaffyStupidDuck did.

Coming from a smaller server as well

I think folks seem awfully determined to be upset about this. And if folks used bots to gather tokens, well, bots aren't against the rules.

The names on the statue is a nice little bonus, but to me it's not the real reward-that is the additional gear unlocked for in game coin, including store items, the nice jewelry that scales to all levels, and maybe a new pretty horsey.

Meaning no disrespect to those being honored on the list, this is like a plaque on a community garden. After a while, no one even bothers to read it. So, any glorification will be quite limited I think.

Play the game, enjoy the game, let other folks enjoy the game however they do.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayblossom View Post
    So after reading OP from Edgecase the way i see it translated is.....

This was a race the small servers could never win, so turbine are actually not treating everyone the same way, they are saying "so what if you're a small server, you can't win but we don't care"

The winners openly admitted how they won "the race" , someone from Vanyar came onto our server and told us the best way to farm, saying how they did it in Hele, so anyone not bottin' equally has no chance to be 1 of the top contributors either, so again Turbine are saying they don't care.

As a huge company Turbine should be well aware of equal opportunities, and yet they create something that is unfair in every way.

I wonder if they will equally not care if the winners have really silly names, totally against lore, will they look at the statue plaque with pride thinking how well DaffyStupidDuck did.

I think the idea might have been a good one at the start. kudo's to whoever thought something different woudl be nice. I'm sure a lot of thought went into it, but sadly it should have been better thought out from the beginning instead of when the first 10 servers finished. The implementation of it is sorely lacking however, leaving the smaller servers feeling rather like second class citizens here. How on earth was Evernight, with a population of 29k (most of whom are inactive due to lack of content) ever going to compare to Snow, Land or Vanyar with 3 times the population? When the drop rates went down outrage went up. This was supposed to be something everyone could participate in while doing what they normally do. Teamwork! A lot don't do the festivals as they are the same repetitive grind from previous years. This year they were forced into it if they wanted the bags because the drop rate was lowered to the 'nonexistant' level.
    Expecting smaller servers to 'compete' against larger servers then cripple the race halfway through after the big ones already completed is just poor implementation. Couple this with the fact that now we have to look at the top 5 servers on this 'statue' on our server.. insulting. Not to mention that the big servers get the Bounder Buff from intro on....

Why wasn't it scaled?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

If I for whatever reason delete a character, does my account still get credit for any tokens I turned in on that character?

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    Any updates on this Edge?
    Bace- R14 Suicidal Minstrel and Kamikaze Karaoke King, Firefoot

An update would be appreciated.

The statue should be of 5 hobbits in a row one behind the other doing a robot pose
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=3]Holder of a Golden Ticket[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] (lifetime acct)

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    So the Bonders Token stuff is NOT a forcefield powered by the Community of gamers by donating Tokens?

In all seriousness, that is about my understanding of it. Got three ingame chars and all of them are just about ignoring this. Very busy trying to do independent, self sustainable crafting. Because I want to.

Does it bring me more XP? Not a lot.
    Does it give me armours or weapons or scrolls or whatever ingame I can use to my own advantage? Not as far as I have seen.
    Does it require more then 5 minutes reading to get what it is and see its potential benefits (ingame)? It seems so, so I do not bother.

All this discussion about "equality among servers" and "distribution of the loot list", reeks of poor implementation. Why should anyone need to care about which server you play on? Deduplication? Synchronisation? Clustering? I must have gotten some real basic stuff very wrong.

Convince me I am wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast