We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlindur View Post
    I think there is another way to interpret this. The biggest contributors from each server. So, you will have one name from every server noted.
    Or perhaps multiple 'biggest' contributors from each server.

It would be nice if +Edgecase could stop in and tell us.

It certainly makes a difference how I'll use my tokens from here out.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I'd propose you've overlooked option 3.) Identical Everywhere. Showing the 5 fastest servers and the N best contributors from EACH world. ;

This is what gives players on all worlds an incentive to keep putting forth an effort. That they're competing with only players on their world for that last challenge and personal recognition.
    True. This option I missed. Thanks for pointing it out

This huge wall of text would be hard to read and again it would contain a lot of names which I never met and never will. I hope some official confirmation of what option we get will come soon.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    True. This option I missed. Thanks for pointing it out

This huge wall of text would be hard to read and again it would contain a lot of names which I never met and never will.
    I dont see why it would necessarily be hard to read. The DDO Founder's memorial isn't hard to read. You could paginate it. a page for the winners from each world. Plus, who knows. You might meet them in Beta someday, or recognize them on the forum. There are a lot of people on my world that I don't know, all the more reason to have something which could spark some in-game community building. =)

Please reconsider the plan to immortalize across all worlds the five servers who achieved the goal first. Players on the other servers will not care which five finished first. If it's possible to have a unique plaque on each server, I'd suggest having that plaque be gold (or mithril) on the five winning servers, and begin with a congratulatory note. On other servers, the plaque could have a more mundane appearance.

It's unclear to me whether individual contributors will also be memorialized across all worlds, but if so, the same argument applies. Players mostly won't care about the names of contributors outside their own server. If the plaques can have unique content on each server, then they should.

Regardless of how this turns out, thanks for designing a fun event!

Quote Originally Posted by Issachar44 View Post
    Please reconsider the plan to immortalize across all worlds the five servers who achieved the goal first. Players on the other servers will not care which five finished first.
    You may not care, but I do. I wish to be able to view these 5 worlds on the plaque even though those worlds are NOT my own. The number of people who will care enough to read the plaque will be small anyway. No need to cut back on the information it displays. You're not forced to read it after all.

The titles for individuals contributing the most will favour the smaller servers who took the longest. The bigger servers that finished in under 10 days only had 10 days to collect bounder's bounties, while the smaller servers that took longer may well have several weeks of being able to collect and hand in their tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yand View Post
    The titles for individuals contributing the most will favour the smaller servers who took the longest.
    Not if donations after the initial 1.75million count toward the credit. After all, they've stated they'll do a bug-fix so people can donate even though 1.75million has been reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Yand View Post
    The titles for individuals contributing the most will favour the smaller servers who took the longest. The bigger servers that finished in under 10 days only had 10 days to collect bounder's bounties, while the smaller servers that took longer may well have several weeks of being able to collect and hand in their tokens.
    It doesnt matter whether you walk or you run, a mile is still a mile.

Whoever thought of this event should be given a medal.

Whoever implemented it should be fired and never be allowed to work on multi player games again.

Crell's questions are my own.

Also,

The first five servers to complete their server goal will be immortalized on this plaque forever!
    I do not think this is necessary. IMHO, I think plaques should be focused on their server only (with the largest contributors from that server). Otherwise, looks good.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Gwailion View Post
    Whoever implemented it should be fired and never be allowed to work on multi player games again.
    Come Helm's Deep, all characters residing on Silverlode need to have given bonus points that must be spent in a fourth skill-tree:
    Throne of the Drama-queen. Or perhaps we could just relax a little?

Allow people chances to learn from their errors. Opportunities for redemption are good things.
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    I do not think this is necessary. IMHO, I think plaques should be focused on their server only (with the largest contributors from that server). Otherwise, looks good.
    Another agreement on this point, else it will feel somewhat like at monument of tribute to an occupying force. Except on the Glorious Five servers, or course.
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

These rewards are a bit silly.

My server never had a chance of being one of the top five servers to unlock simply because we are a small server. Lots of other servers are in that same position. As someone else said, it's basically a reward to the big servers for being big.

As far as the "Players that donated the most", I assume this means that only a few players at most will be recognized per server. Since I haven't been very heavily grinding and donating so far, I assume I'll already be out of the running. No real need for me to get even worked up over it.

So, basically, all this player recognition means absolutely nothing to me, and I still have to wait much longer than the other servers to get the other broker unlocked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't think the "Top 5 servers" should be listed, or maybe just listed on the plaques of those 5, if that's something they want. As another poster said, it would be like saying "Congratulations big servers for being big!" I appreciate the concept, but due to the manner of implementation, I don't think a permanent server-to-server comparison would be appropriate. The rest looks good though.

I don't mind the top servers being mentioned, but I have some reservations about it because the statue is in a starter area. A new player gets into a small server, finishes the intro and takes a look at the plaque. There is a great chance that he will reroll in one of those servers right away. And the fact that most of them are German, may lead to great confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Grats to the big servers for being big
    Yeah, the server finishing first thing is kind of dumb.

Even if that character's name is CaptainBotNine?
    Cracked me up, but it's so true. Congratulations on being the best at not getting caught, haha.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    1. How many contributors per world are you recognizing on the statue?
    2. Will only donations prior to the completion of the 1.75 million goal be counted?
    1. We're still determining exactly how many names will be on the statue. We're also still determining whether or not the recognition will be a "highest contributors on each server" or "highest contributors globally" thing.
    2. Nope! We'll be fixing the bug where you can't donate more than 1.75 million tokens on a particular server soon, and donations made past 1.75 million will count just as much for this purpose as donations made before. One thing to note is that the number on the statue won't actually go up after it hits 1.75 million.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    1. We're still determining exactly how many names will be on the statue. We're also still determining whether or not the recognition will be a "highest contributors on each server" or "highest contributors globally" thing.
    2. Nope! We'll be fixing the bug where you can't donate more than 1.75 million tokens on a particular server soon, and donations made past 1.75 million will count just as much for this purpose as donations made before. One thing to note is that the number on the statue won't actually go up after it hits 1.75 million.
    It seems kind of late in the process to be still deciding how you're going to handle #1. I hope you can share the decision very soon. It determines how I intend to use the rest of my tokens.

#3. Can you share any kind of estimated timeframe for the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    Seems to me the neatest solution would be a mix of both. For instance, listing the Top 5 Contributors Globally (including character name and server name for each), as well as the Top Contributor from each server (name and server, again). There will be overlap, of course; at least one of the Top 5 Globally will also be top for his/her server.

Of course, as soon as the brouhaha of all this settles down and things start to get dull again (maybe next spring!), it will be time for the Breelanders to decide they'd like to take advantage of the Shire's great idea themselves, and start the whole thing over again with their own statue/competition/contribution scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    Of course, as soon as the brouhaha of all this settles down and things start to get dull again (maybe next spring!), it will be time for the Breelanders to decide they'd like to take advantage of the Shire's great idea themselves, and start the whole thing over again with their own statue/competition/contribution scheme.
    Seeing how a bunch of hobbits apparently just stole Bree-town's boar statue and are offering it through their own bounty-fuelled channel, methinks the Breelandites are gunna need a new fountain...
    Zyngor || Main server: Landroval (also on Arkenstone & others) // LOTRO Players
    My LOTRO Character List (wiki page)

Seems to me the neatest solution would be a mix of both. For instance, listing the Top 5 Contributors Globally (including character name and server name for each), as well as the Top Contributor from each server (name and server, again). There will be overlap, of course; at least one of the Top 5 Globally will also be top for his/her server.
    I'd think the top 5-10 from each world would be something that still gives everyone a shot at this point.

I'd think the top 5-10 from each world would be something that still gives everyone a shot at this point.
    Ya, only problem with that is, there are 29 servers. With 29 x 5 = 145, or 29 x 10 = 290 names on the plaque, no one will ever read it. Too long. Even Top 5 Globally and Top Contributor on each server is 30-33 names, which is a lot for a plaque.

EDIT/POST-SCRIPT: If the code allows putting a different plaque in each server, it would be nice to have 5-10 names from that server and only that server on the statue. Would be a nice, succinct plaque that people would pay attention to. But if the servers must all have the same plaque, gotta limit the names or people simply won't care to read it (unless their own name is on it, heh). It's like the difference between the opening credits of a movie, with just the director, producer, and top 3-8 stars listed, lots of people pay attention to that. Versus the end credits with hundreds of names including every grip boy (what the heck is that???) and lighting assistant manager. No one ever reads those, unless it is Monty Python, because they put in good jokes.
    Last edited by Angadan; Sep 18 2013 at 02:25 PM.

After I realized that the "largest contributors" notion was going to be totally usurped by multi-boxers and bot-farmers of the tokens from the days of the high drop rate, I gave up. Designing the event so that it rewards those players the most and denies recognition to the people who work hard with their individual characters (and who don't bot) is poor poor implementation. I know of at least two people on my main server: a) one who ran full group multi-boxing on the landscape while the token drops were high, and b) another who farmed one location in goblin-town 24 hours a day for nearly a week.

Definitely not the type of play I'm thinking that the *stated purpose* of the event was supposed to reward.

Just to be clear, only donations done through the quest count as contribuions, right? So any tokens we spend on the mount and other vendor goodies don't count at all?

Ya, only problem with that is, there are 29 servers. With 29 x 5 = 145, or 29 x 10 = 290 names on the plaque, no one will ever read it. Too long. Even Top 5 Globally and Top Contributor on each server is 30-33 names, which is a lot for a plaque.
    The plaque view can be paginated in some fashion. I believe DDO's equivalent has a scroll-bar

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    Just to be clear, only donations done through the quest count as contribuions, right? So any tokens we spend on the mount and other vendor goodies don't count at all?
    Correct. Redeeming tokens for other rewards does not increase your contribution amount. Only turning in tokens for the quest does.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast