We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Bounder’s Bounty Player Recognition Details

Hello, everyone. It’s EdgeCase here, and I want to talk to you about how we’ll be recognizing players for their contributions to the Bounder’s Bounty event. We have three ways that we’ll be celebrating your successes in this event.

First, there will be a brand new statue in the center of Michel Delving! This statue will be a new, never-before-seen statue built by the Bounders to commemorate how much the Free Peoples helped them during the Bounder’s Bounty. This statue will have a plaque on it, which will forever display the greatest contributors to the cause of the Bounders.

The second way is on the plaque itself. We will show a list of the servers that finished the event first. The first five servers to complete their server goal will be immortalized on this plaque forever!

The final way will also be shown on the plaque. On the plaque will be the names of one character for each person who contributed the most to the event. If you’re one of our biggest contributors, you will have the name of one of your characters emblazoned on this statue forever.

Here’s the way that this reward will work:
    Once Helm’s Deep launches and the Bounder’s Bounty event ends, we will tally up how many tokens everyone donated to the Bounders.
    While counting these numbers, we’ll combine the totals for all of your characters on a particular server. For example, if you have one character on Firefoot that donated 500 tokens, and another that donated 250, your total for Firefoot will be 750.
    Once we have these totals, we will email the winners to make sure that they want their names on the statue, and to ask which of their character names they would like on the plaque. We’ll only be posting a single character name for each person, as well as what server that character was on.

F.A.Q.
    Q: I’m on a low-population server. What point is there for me to turn in tokens to the Bounders?
    A: Every server should be able to unlock the server vendor and Bounder’s Boon buff. In addition, you can get your character’s name onto the statue regardless of how many tokens your server has turned in as a whole.

Q: I’ve opted out of email communications from Turbine. How will you contact me if I’ve won?
    A: Unfortunately, if you’ve opted out of all email communication from Turbine, we will not be able to contact you if you win, and you will be disqualified.

Q: What if I play on more than one server? Will my contributions from each server be pooled together?
    A: We will not be able to count contributions from different servers together. For the best chance to get your name on the plaque, you should concentrate your efforts on a single server.

We’ll only be posting a single character name for each person, as well as what server that character was on.
    1. How many contributors per world are you recognizing on the statue?
    2. Will only donations prior to the completion of the 1.75 million goal be counted?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Grats to the big servers for being big
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    2. Will only donations prior to the completion of the 1.75 million goal be counted?
    My questions precisely.
    A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Will the new statue have the changes to drop rates engraved upon it, and perhaps an explanation?

Then we can explain to the Bounders why the non-festival grinders lost interest.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Will the new statue have the changes to drop rates engraved upon it, and perhaps an explanation?

Then we can explain to the Bounders why the non-festival grinders lost interest.

Cheers.
    Ah not hardly....
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The final way will also be shown on the plaque. On the plaque will be the names of one character for each person who contributed the most to the event.
    Wonder if that is "contributed the most to the event" or "contributed the most tokens." There are two people on this forum that have definitely contributed a lot to this event. Thank you both.

Bounder's Bounties Server Totals
    Bounder's Bounty Guide and Server Donations Graph
    Last edited by jpark84; Sep 17 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Links

Once we have these totals, we will email the winners to make sure that they want their names on the statue, and to ask which of their character names they would like on the plaque. We’ll only be posting a single character name for each person, as well as what server that character was on.
    Even if that character's name is CaptainBotNine?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Grats to the big servers for being big
    Yep I agree. I'm on Evernight, we are apparently the least populated and slowest server to be completing the Bounder's statue event according to the noise on the forums. With no option to transfer to a more populated server. Not exactly an equal opportunity to compete here.

I love the event in itself and will enjoy the reward when we finish it, but I can't help feeling penalised for not being on a massive server and it makes it worse that I will have to re-roll a character and leave behind the characters I have invested more than 5 years of my time into if I want to go somewhere busier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenwald View Post
    With no option to transfer to a more populated server

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...sfers-are-Back!

Obviously, this is still in need of clarification, but the way that I read it is that they are going to recognize the biggest contributors across ALL worlds, independently of the server-specific totals. So some worlds may have 4-5 'biggest' contributors to the event, while other worlds may have zero. The plaque will be the same across all servers (they can't make server-specific in-game objects, can they?).

Will we be able to donate again in the near future? Landroval reached the 1.75 mil last week but we can no longer donate... Pretty lame since I only have a few donations to go before I finish my tier 3 deed
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Obviously, this is still in need of clarification, but the way that I read it is that they are going to recognize the biggest contributors across ALL worlds, independently of the server-specific totals. So some worlds may have 4-5 'biggest' contributors to the event, while other worlds may have zero. The plaque will be the same across all servers (they can't make server-specific in-game objects, can they?).
    If they wanted to recognize the 4-5 biggest contributiors in the world, they'd have made the contribution 'counter' account-wide instead of at the world level.

Rereading Sapience's post this may be the case, though it'd be kind of pointless to show each server howmany tokens people from other servers gathered. I think everyone would be happier if it just included their own servers, though I'm starting to doubt that's possible (read: too much work)

We’ll only be posting a single character name for each person, as well as what server that character was on.
    This does sound as if the best contributors are chosen among all servers. I do not like it at all. It would make more sense to have an unique plaque for every server with the names of local heroes which also may be well known for other form of activities. Right now there is no motivation for players on smaller servers (especially on those where the drop rate was not mysteriously increased) to continue donating the tokens.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

If they wanted to recognize the 4-5 biggest contributiors in the world, they'd have made the contribution 'counter' account-wide instead of at the world level.
    If they wanted to make it unique for each server, they would not mention a server name next to the character name.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    If they wanted to make it unique for each server, they would not mention a server name next to the character name.
    The plaque need not be unique for contributors from each world to be recognized.; That seems the most likely reason to list the world name. After all, they're already listing the 5 worlds who completed first.

Most of these questions were asked directly to Edgecase after his initial post in
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...68#post6899668

We got an answer to the opt out question at least. That was a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    Will we be able to donate again in the near future? Landroval reached the 1.75 mil last week but we can no longer donate... Pretty lame since I only have a few donations to go before I finish my tier 3 deed
    Yes, we will be able to. Check this reply:

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    This is, indeed, a bug. You should be able to continue turning in tokens to the Bounders after you've unlocked the Boon. We'll be fixing this at the same time as the other deed bug, where it isn't bestowing properly to low level characters.
    Ishtarien - Captain

This statue will have a plaque on it, which will forever display the greatest contributors to the cause of the Bounders.

The second way is on the plaque itself. We will show a list of the servers that finished the event first. The first five servers to complete their server goal will be immortalized on this plaque forever!

The final way will also be shown on the plaque. On the plaque will be the names of one character for each person who contributed the most to the event. If you’re one of our biggest contributors, you will have the name of one of your characters emblazoned on this statue forever.
    So wait.. I'm on the 3rd lowest server.. and after HD comes out every time I walk by the statue I'll get to see 3 things:
    The first 5 servers that AREN'T my server
    The biggest contributor who ISN'T from my server
    PLAYERX from SOME BIG SERVER

Why do I care?

./confused and dismayed
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Yes, we will be able to. Check this reply:
    Thanks!

(site says my reply is too short so I just write something down here, feel free to ignore )
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Hello, everyone. It’s EdgeCase here, and I want to talk to you about how we’ll be recognizing players for their contributions to the Bounder’s Bounty event. We have three ways that we’ll be celebrating your successes in this event.

First, there will be a brand new statue in the center of Michel Delving! This statue will be a new, never-before-seen statue built by the Bounders to commemorate how much the Free Peoples helped them during the Bounder’s Bounty. This statue will have a plaque on it, which will forever display the greatest contributors to the cause of the Bounders.

Here’s the way that this reward will work:
    Once Helm’s Deep launches and the Bounder’s Bounty event ends, we will tally up how many tokens everyone donated to the Bounders.
    While counting these numbers, we’ll combine the totals for all of your characters on a particular server. For example, if you have one character on Firefoot that donated 500 tokens, and another that donated 250, your total for Firefoot will be 750.

F.A.Q.
    Q: I’m on a low-population server. What point is there for me to turn in tokens to the Bounders?
    A: Every server should be able to unlock the server vendor and Bounder’s Boon buff. In addition, you can get your character’s name onto the statue regardless of how many tokens your server has turned in as a whole.

Q: I’ve opted out of email communications from Turbine. How will you contact me if I’ve won?
    A: Unfortunately, if you’ve opted out of all email communication from Turbine, we will not be able to contact you if you win, and you will be disqualified.

Q: What if I play on more than one server? Will my contributions from each server be pooled together?
    A: We will not be able to count contributions from different servers together. For the best chance to get your name on the plaque, you should concentrate your efforts on a single server.
    How will this impact the current Deed as once the server made the statue, the deed is no longer able to advance
    TheInklingsKin.com

I expect the plaque for ALL servers to look something like this:

The Bounders Thank All those Who Contributed!

Quickest Server Goal Reached:

1) Vanyar
    2) Maiar
    3) Brandywine
    4) Belegaer
    5) Gwaihir

Top Individual Contributors:

1) Gandalf - Meneldor
    2) Bilbo - Gilraen
    3) Azog - Dwarrowdelf
    4) Elrond - Maiar
    5) Rose Cotton - Gilraen
    .... [don't know how many individuals they'll recognize]

EDIT: I'll be happy to be wrong.

The plaque need not be unique for contributors from each world to be recognized.; That seems the most likely reason to list the world name. After all, they're already listing the 5 worlds who completed first.
    I am not sure what you mean here and whether we speak about the same thing.

The plaque is either
    1) identical everywhere: showing 5 fastest servers and N best contributors in the whole world.
    or
    2) unique for each server and shows the same 5 fastest servers and N best contributors on this very server.

From several hints in the first post of this topic I conclude that the first option is going to be true. These are the hints:
    - if all characters come from the same server where I am looking at the plaque, why do I have to see the name of my server repeated N times?

For the best chance to get your name on the plaque, you should concentrate your efforts on a single server.
    - I interpret it as "due to technical difficulties we can't sum up contributions on different servers from the same account. So please, if you want to be recognized then concentrate on one server only."

Or course I can (and would love to) be wrong here, but don't these phrases look suspicious? After reading on the forum how much some of the single players already contributed why would others waste their time trying to catch up?
    Ishtarien - Captain

I am not sure what you mean here and whether we speak about the same thing.

The plaque is either
    1) identical everywhere: showing 5 fastest servers and N best contributors in the whole world.
    In addition, you can get your character’s name onto the statue regardless of how many tokens your server has turned in as a whole.
    I'd propose you've overlooked option 3.) Identical Everywhere. Showing the 5 fastest servers and the N best contributors from EACH world. ;

This is what gives players on all worlds an incentive to keep putting forth an effort. That they're competing with only players on their world for that last challenge and personal recognition.

Top Individual Contributors:

1) Gandalf - Meneldor
    2) Bilbo - Gilraen
    3) Azog - Dwarrowdelf
    4) Elrond - Maiar
    5) Rose Cotton - Gilraen
    .... [don't know how many individuals they'll recognize]
    I think there is another way to interpret this. The biggest contributors from each server. So, you will have one name from every server noted.

Just a wild guess.

PS. And please people, it's Gilrain, not Gilraen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast