We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lotteries?

Lotteries?

I came back to the game after a 6 month move with no internet until about 2 weeks ago. I finally started looking at the new site stuff and I clicked on lotteries. It has been telling me that "There are NO active lotteries". I have been trying to wade through the tons of lottery questions for clues, but it is giving me a migraine. Can someone please tell me when lotteries are posted or if my account is just screwed up. Thank you for your time!

There's no scheduled lotteries anymore. You just have to keep an eye on the lottery page. Occasionally they may announce a lottery on Twitter or Facebook as well.

Side note: when it says there are no lotteries, it actually means that. The new system will show any active lotteries even if you can't enter them, so "no lotteries" means that there aren't any running at all.

lottieries

Another strange thing about the Lotteries: I'm an altaholic, I have 30 characters, none are 'mules,' and in the last lottery I didn't win a single thing for a single character. That's a little odd. I've never had that happen before.
    Kazren Altaholic Extrodinaire
    10 Level 100 Characters, : 20 Westement Level Crafters/Guild Masters, Colonies on Elendilmir, Landroval, Crickhollow and Brandywine

Apparently the old style of lotteries are dead, where they would be several times a week and have useful stuff

The new ones almost never happen, and when they do, aren't anything of note. (Okay, technically the last lottery did have Helm's Deep, but at one winner per server, you didn't have any chance of winning)

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    (Okay, technically the last lottery did have Helm's Deep, but at one winner per server, you didn't have any chance of winning)
    That's what the guy who won it said before he won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazren View Post
    Another strange thing about the Lotteries: I'm an altaholic, I have 30 characters, none are 'mules,' and in the last lottery I didn't win a single thing for a single character. That's a little odd. I've never had that happen before.
    The last lottery to run had one winner per server. That might be why.

Don't forget the diseased cheese lottery that started at the same time. That one wasn't all that easy to win either I think.

Slow death for cheese-eating players. Someone has an evil plan....

Baconcide is next, no doubt.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Currently serving [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Brecfes[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] on every world....[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Apparently the old style of lotteries are dead, where they would be several times a week and have useful stuff

The new ones almost never happen, and when they do, aren't anything of note. (Okay, technically the last lottery did have Helm's Deep, but at one winner per server, you didn't have any chance of winning)
    I miss them as well, often it was only a few silver, some food or some fireworks, but at least they were there.

I also am missing some lotteries for the farmers fair, there used to be a couple of lotteries during festivals/events in the past, would be nice to have a chance to win a large or huge bounder bag.

It seems to me like they just aren't really running yet (with the exception of the recent HD lottery) - they're still mostly in "test" mode. If I were in their shoes, I'd want to try and fix up the character data issues before getting them running full-steam. If they don't, they'll just face an endless set of complaints about characters being missing, the wrong level, unable to pick up rewards on deleted characters, etc.

One can hope, anyway .

Khafar