We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Custom Crafting

Custom Crafting

What if we were able to craft an LI of our particular Trade? Add our own Legacies to it, and even upgrade the tiers on it. I'm sure this has been brought up before by the community and I'm a bit late on this input but I think this would make crafting fun again. Ex. A weapon smith can take any low-high level weapon and change the 3 major legacies on it without using an LI slot and putting in AH. This way there is more variety in what you can buy and not waste time grinding legacies on an item that your going to dump in another 3 levels, where as instead you can just buy it in AH.

This is already in game but you have to wait till you are level 45 for your 1st legendary weapon & till level 60 for your 1st crafted legendary weapon. You don't get legendaries earlier because you 1st need to learn your class & prove yourself, same way as with any combat training. Also following the lore, Aragorn didn't got his legendary sword reforged until was his time to travel to the east to Eregion with the fellowship. So you can't get your legendary until you have enought level to start Eregion.

So you can change the legacy and tier on an LI without equipping it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag28 View Post
    So you can change the legacy and tier on an LI without equipping it?
    No you can't. Not totally clear to me it is needed though. For "levelling" LIs, usually there is a key legacy or two you can find as needed, but mostly it just doesn't matter much. For current "end game" LIs, you put in the effort.

I think custom crafting is an interesting idea, but not clear this is the right application for it. I think it would be cool to be able to make "designer" items with whatever attributes you like (power limited like all items by slices). Would make crafting items more worthwhile again...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    No you can't. Not totally clear to me it is needed though. For "levelling" LIs, usually there is a key legacy or two you can find as needed, but mostly it just doesn't matter much. For current "end game" LIs, you put in the effort.

I think custom crafting is an interesting idea, but not clear this is the right application for it. I think it would be cool to be able to make "designer" items with whatever attributes you like (power limited like all items by slices). Would make crafting items more worthwhile again...
    With the way people are devaluing gold by farming it, we should be able to even put custom skins on weapons shields armor ect...but you would have to balance it with other classes who cant make cosmetic items, idk gold is pretty much worthless now anyways.

There are already recipes for cosmetic clothing, light medium & heavy, & for several back items. So both metalsmith & tailor can already craft cosmetics. Also with the wardrope system any clothing (armour or cosmetic) can be used as outfit. Weapons & shields are not included, for the reasons explained before on other threads & more important because they are not clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    There are already recipes for cosmetic clothing, light medium & heavy, & for several back items.

Most of which have not been available except BRIEFLY in the lotro store since the launch of F2P, making them almost impossible to acquire on post-F2P launch worlds.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

They are at Surikila, Forochel.