We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrgon View Post
    Where's the exploit? Misleading thread is misleading.

Running Sambrog over and over is not an exploit, there is a difference between something decent to spank and an actual exploitable issue.

Just because you see people wanting groups for Sambrog doesn't mean you should shut them down with ridiculous ideas of gatelocking or, even worse, diminishing returns. Hell, I don't Sam more than 10 times a week usually... I see Sammy runs over glff every now and then, but people do run different things down the line because Sam does get boring after a while.
    yeh no kidding hey. it seems like all wisdom was left at the door when this thread was made.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    All IMHO of course.
    Exactly. And what is fun and reasonable to you will not necessarily be fun or reasonable to someone else. So why try to "fix" something that is only "broken" because someone people have a different opinion than you?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    Exactly. And what is fun and reasonable to you will not necessarily be fun or reasonable to someone else. So why try to "fix" something that is only "broken" because someone people have a different opinion than you?
    Just so I understand your opinion in abstract, do you or don't you believe that the rewards for an instance should be proportional to some combination of difficulty and time?

You also appear to be asserting that your opinion is of more value than mine, though perhaps I'm misreading what you say.

Ultimately, it comes down to "what makes more profit for turbine". And if folks grinding a smallish set of instances does that, well, nothing will change.

For those who determine the issue is indeed an issue and think there could be something done about it, ideas is what we need.

For those who don't see the issue being one, well it is a matter of opinion and/or ability to understand the meaning of the issue. Keep it constructive and argumentative and this thread might not go further downhill...

some people in this thread ate the Bree Cheese methinks

Just so I understand your opinion in abstract, do you or don't you believe that the rewards for an instance should be proportional to some combination of difficulty and time?

You also appear to be asserting that your opinion is of more value than mine, though perhaps I'm misreading what you say.

1. I do believe that, in general terms, longer and more difficult instances should have better rewards that shorter and easier instances.

2. I'm not asserting that my opinion is of more value than yours. What I am saying is that players should have the ability to play more or less as they please, so long as they are not negatively impacting other players. The people who seem to be so upset by players "farming" Sambrog SEEM to be of the opinion that players should NOT be permitted to play more or less as they please, even though they are not impacting other players. I disagree wholeheartedly with those sorts of opinions, and generally hold them in no regard whatsoever. If your opinion if one of those, so be it.

There has been an unfortunate trend over the years towards an overly "politically correct" posture, whereby all thoughts and opinions should be regarded equally or given equal weight. This is folly, since not all opinions are inherently of equal validity. Take for example the case of the "Flat Earth Society". Their opinions on the shape of the earth are clearly ridiculous and easily proven false. There are also opinions that can be quite harmful. For example, there are certain political and social organizations that have existed throughout history (and some organizations that exist today) that hold that there is nothing wrong with human slavery. Again, this opinion should carry no weight, as it's exercise not only impinges unnecessarily on the rights of others, but leads to significantly harmful effects.

Farming an easy instance is not an "exploit" it's "poor game design".

Perhaps instead of making us farm for generic seals Turbine should put individual drops in instances that consistently fall so people are motivated to do more than one.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

I don't know if you guys realized this but all the 6 man content is easy. Which ones are hard?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    2. I'm not asserting that my opinion is of more value than yours. What I am saying is that players should have the ability to play more or less as they please, so long as they are not negatively impacting other players. The people who seem to be so upset by players "farming" Sambrog SEEM to be of the opinion that players should NOT be permitted to play more or less as they please, even though they are not impacting other players. I disagree wholeheartedly with those sorts of opinions, and generally hold them in no regard whatsoever. If your opinion if one of those, so be it.
    My opinion is that many people who are farming Sambrog are doing so not because it is more fun but rather because the rewards are not proportional to the difficulty or time spent. I'd be against adding locks, so people who think sambrog is fun and want to run only it should be able to do so. But I would encourage Turbine to look at the rewards various instances give, and try and balance them better.

My opinion is that many people who are farming Sambrog are doing so not because it is more fun but rather because the rewards are not proportional to the difficulty or time spent.

Firstly, you have't canvassed the playerbase to determine if this is even true. You are just saying it's your opinion.
    Secondly, you say the rewards are not proportional to the difficulty and time. Where are you getting that? It's a 6man, and takes about 10 min and you get 4 seals (using the advanced tab). Other 6man's that give 8 seals will typically take about 20 min. That's exactly Proportional...

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    Firstly, you have't canvassed the playerbase to determine if this is even true. You are just saying it's your opinion.
    Secondly, you say the rewards are not proportional to the difficulty and time. Where are you getting that? It's a 6man, and takes about 10 min and you get 4 seals (using the advanced tab). Other 6man's that give 8 seals will typically take about 20 min. That's exactly Proportional...
    I started with "its my opinion", so wasn't hiding anything there.

Sambrog can be completed by any group of characters. It is basically failproof. Basically no healing/tanking/strategy/etc is needed, just blow him up.
    Not sure I see the point of "discussing" this more with you though, seems beaten to death to me. Your selective quoting/responding makes it pointless. The message you replied to said "because the rewards are not proportional to the difficulty or time spent.". You took that, responded to "time spent" as if it only criteria specified, and seem to think you've made a point. Enjoy...

Sambrog can be completed by any group of characters. It is basically failproof. Basically no healing/tanking/strategy/etc is needed, just blow him up.
    Not true at all. With zero heals and no tanking whatsoever people will die. Try running sammy with 6 random PuG hunters, see how far you get.

Not sure I see the point of "discussing" this more with you though
    Bizarre statement. This is the first time you and I have "discussed" anything together.

The rest of you post was even more bizarre.

Not true at all. With zero heals and no tanking whatsoever people will die. Try running sammy with 6 random PuG hunters, see how far you get.
    No, he's right.
    Sambrog doesn't need any healer or tank (in fact like most of 6-man instances now (we also did an instance like Fornost Water T2C undermanned, undergeared and without tank nor ministrel))
    It has been done by 6 hunters (you can see a video on Youtube)
    And without challenge, Wardens, Champions or LM solo it.
    Last edited by Castorix; Aug 08 2015 at 02:29 PM.

each time you run a specific instance a day the loot amout drops till you reach zero. problem solved.

That would somehow imply to change the game back to the state where you get the best items in game because you have the skill and not because you have the time and farm till you get it *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    No, he's right.
    Sambrog doesn't need any healer or tank (in fact like most of 6-man instances now (we also did an instance like Fornost Water T2C undermanned, undergeared and without tank nor ministrel))
    It has been done by 6 hunters (you can see a video on Youtube)
    And without challenge, Wardens, Champions or LM solo it.
    You are leaving out information. What classes did Fornost t2c undermanned without a tank or heals? And how well geared were they. Are you trying to say NO ONE TANKED? And no one healed? Are you trying to insinuate that this was a pick-up-group of random players who just hit 85 and still have 3rd ages, quest gear and level 5 virtues? And please don't tell me there is youtube videos of 6 hunters. Once again who are they, what gear did they use, and what tactics. No normal group of random players randomly skilled and geared could do that and you know this.

Please stop trying to make your opinion sound correct by using absurd scenarios. We are talking about average PuG groups, not this stuff of Legend you write about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    Sambrog is a DPS race. Going in with 5 hunters is "ezmode", as the kids say. If you want excitement, try winning Challenge with 5 characters with low damage output.
    Or duo sammy as my partner and I do. We like doing it for the challenge not for speed. (With challenge).
    I use my lm or ws mini or rk or champ and he uses warden. (lm/warden combo the best we find)

If we want speed, minimal challenge but still get seals, we do school or lib in 10 min. Halls of night takes us a little longer. All with challenge.

Not much is going on lately at aussie night time and we need something to break up deeding. we found these 4 instances keep us occupied when friends are not on.
    Last edited by woodwren; Sep 23 2013 at 06:23 PM.

They could require that the side quests are completed before boss rooms open up. That adds a time sink (some instances more than others) for the instance and keeps the loot the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KielArronax View Post
    They could require that the side quests are completed before boss rooms open up. That adds a time sink (some instances more than others) for the instance and keeps the loot the same.
    Doesn't work as some side-quests can only be completed inside the boss-room.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Playing Sambrog is not exploiting the game.

It's a short level and you're not even likely to get anything that good. The gold pockets are very nice but that's pretty much it. The REAL problem is that the other instances in the game have horrible loot ratios, and they take twice or three times as long as Sambrog.

Unfortunately for you and me, Turbine is not going to change a thing. They don't need to nerf sambrog. They need to improve the loot drops everywhere else. This is good news for Sambrog but that's pretty much it :\
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Even if like 5000x people signed this topic and it was a huge petition on the LOTRO forums, they're not going to fix the loot.

Welcome to LOTRO.

You are leaving out information. What classes did Fornost t2c undermanned without a tank or heals? And how well geared were they. Are you trying to say NO ONE TANKED? And no one healed? Are you trying to insinuate that this was a pick-up-group of random players who just hit 85 and still have 3rd ages, quest gear and level 5 virtues? And please don't tell me there is youtube videos of 6 hunters. Once again who are they, what gear did they use, and what tactics. No normal group of random players randomly skilled and geared could do that and you know this.

Please stop trying to make your opinion sound correct by using absurd scenarios. We are talking about average PuG groups, not this stuff of Legend you write about.
    Water wing is the easiest fornost. They probably had a champ or cappy tanking, healing, bubbles etc. Not that big of a deal. And yes Sambrog can be done by 6 hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    ...And yes Sambrog can be done by 6 hunters.
    Nearly 2 years later, it is worse than ever.

Sambrog is still farmed in loop just for Meds/Marks with an absurd ratio difficulty/Marks&Meds (with other T1 instances like Glinghant)
    And now several classes can solo Sambrog Challenge, some in 5-6 mns.

5 mn to do a 6-man instance alone, with the Challenge
    Dear Turbine, don't you see there is a BIG problem with the difficulty of T1 instances and the loot tables/itemization ?
    Last edited by Castorix; Aug 08 2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Nearly 2 years later, it is worse than ever.

Sambrog is still farmed in loop just for Meds/Marks with an absurd ratio difficulty/rewards (with other T1 instances like Glinghant)
    And now several classes can solo Sambrog Challenge, some in 5-6 mns.

5 mn to do a 6-man instance alone, with the Challenge
    Dear Turbine, don't you see there is a BIG problem with the difficulty of T1 instances and the loot tables/itemization ?
    I'm sure uber casuals who don't bother to try and gear up their toons could face roll it too.. Which is just sad
    Spruvo, noob warden of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by epicman107 View Post
    I'm sure uber casuals who don't bother to try and gear up their toons could face roll it too.. Which is just sad
    We've 3 manned it naked with no weps or armor...
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by epicman107 View Post
    I cannot generalize for other kins, but this is one of the reasons which destroyed my casual kin, with whom we had fun by runnning 3 & 6-mans T1 when they were still challenging for us, with a chance to have nice loots at end
    (U9-U11 loot tables were nice and varied, with some unique items + gold class items (just the RNG was bad for those ones))

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast