We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Observations

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post
    They don't send mail to creeps telling them how bad they are as some freeps do.

^This makes me giggle a little bit inside.

Also. While you're in the giving spirit would you mind taking your kin and rolling freeps/xferring on/to Arkenstone? NEED MOAR FREEPS THERE!

Welcome to pre-expansion pvp, when every freep can faceroll if they choose and a coordinated fraid will dominate. It's just part of the life cycle of pvp in this game, the repetition of which should be an indicator to anyone who takes pvp seriously to not do so. I don't blame any players, this happens every expansion cycle.

Come the new expansion, with new class changes, reset on gear and LI's, it will be a much different place. We will settle accounts with a good dust-up.

I know I'm a new face to the moors over the past few weeks, and certainly not as experienced as most of you here. However, Hinellas inspired me to at least add my two cents based on the perspective of someone who just got here. I'll agree with the expansion cycle causing an imbalance between freeps and creeps, because the only reason I'm in the moors (and many of my freep buddies) is because we are bored with farming 6mans and doing raids. Now we are in there every night, and at first the grams farms were exciting (I needed the comms cus I'm a greenie!), and learning how to play my captain in a PvMP setting keeps it fun.

Now that I have my gear, I went over creep side to spend all those extra comms. A friend of mine has a warg pack tribe he pulls out with his guild once or twice a week. Firstly, creeps are nicer. As squishy and green as my warg was, I was doing my best to get out there and at least stun some freeps for the higher ranks to gank. Thank you Doctor for being kind enough to heal me. Back to the point, I respect creeps much more and I'm far more willing to switch sides when the fight feels uneven, and hopefully bring my friends with me. Once Helms Deep arrives, the cycle will repeat, because I certainly won't be in the moors for a while. The scales will tip the other way. Kudos to Henellas for the post though. She's instilled some loyalty to creep side for me!

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    Welcome to pre-expansion pvp, when every freep can faceroll if they choose and a coordinated fraid will dominate. It's just part of the life cycle of pvp in this game, the repetition of which should be an indicator to anyone who takes pvp seriously to not do so. I don't blame any players, this happens every expansion cycle.

Come the new expansion, with new class changes, reset on gear and LI's, it will be a much different place. We will settle accounts with a good dust-up.
    You're right. All those freeps should log over creepside so that there is zero opposition for taking keeps and delving buffs

Yes yes, all the freeps need to turn into creeps, don't worry I will stay on freepside and continue to show how to successfully play a freep. To quote a friend of mine, "Step 1, roll face on keyboard. Step 2, repeat step 1 until you win." Shame most freeps have no idea how to do this successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by RohirrimRapsody View Post
    I know I'm a new face to the moors over the past few weeks, and certainly not as experienced as most of you here. However, Hinellas inspired me to at least add my two cents based on the perspective of someone who just got here. I'll agree with the expansion cycle causing an imbalance between freeps and creeps, because the only reason I'm in the moors (and many of my freep buddies) is because we are bored with farming 6mans and doing raids. Now we are in there every night, and at first the grams farms were exciting (I needed the comms cus I'm a greenie!), and learning how to play my captain in a PvMP setting keeps it fun.

Now that I have my gear, I went over creep side to spend all those extra comms. A friend of mine has a warg pack tribe he pulls out with his guild once or twice a week. Firstly, creeps are nicer. As squishy and green as my warg was, I was doing my best to get out there and at least stun some freeps for the higher ranks to gank. Thank you Doctor for being kind enough to heal me. Back to the point, I respect creeps much more and I'm far more willing to switch sides when the fight feels uneven, and hopefully bring my friends with me. Once Helms Deep arrives, the cycle will repeat, because I certainly won't be in the moors for a while. The scales will tip the other way. Kudos to Henellas for the post though. She's instilled some loyalty to creep side for me!
    While I applaud your enthusiasm, I think the glaring pink elephant under the carpet has somehow surpassed you.

There is no loyalty to creepside. 95% of them are there, as yourself, due to boredom. And most have ranked freeps. And, sadly, most flip to the easier side. Make no mistake between flipping sides to "help matters" and loyalty. Its simply a selfish motive. As it should be, since it is a game and we are here to derive pleasure in a selfish manner.

If latching onto the bosom of a self proclaimed crusader makes your day a little brighter, then knock yourself out. I think most of us have at one time or another found our shepherd, and forsook all notions of independence, to get that which we are all here to get. Rank.

Your poignant statement above rang more true than you know, since you are new to the moors. Most the weekend warriors will disappear when HD comes out. Like they did when RoR released, and RoI, and SoM before that...until they feel sufficiently brave enough to venture here again. You may find a handful of us still here, because that is what we log in for these days. Such as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    While I applaud your enthusiasm, I think the glaring pink elephant under the carpet has somehow surpassed you.

There is no loyalty to creepside. 95% of them are there, as yourself, due to boredom. And most have ranked freeps. And, sadly, most flip to the easier side. Make no mistake between flipping sides to "help matters" and loyalty. Its simply a selfish motive. As it should be, since it is a game and we are here to derive pleasure in a selfish manner.

If latching onto the bosom of a self proclaimed crusader makes your day a little brighter, then knock yourself out. I think most of us have at one time or another found our shepherd, and forsook all notions of independence, to get that which we are all here to get. Rank.

Your poignant statement above rang more true than you know, since you are new to the moors. Most the weekend warriors will disappear when HD comes out. Like they did when RoR released, and RoI, and SoM before that...until they feel sufficiently brave enough to venture here again. You may find a handful of us still here, because that is what we log in for these days. Such as it is.
    I see you are posting your LOTRO autobiography, but for some reason painting it as though it's the thoughts and motives of others. You need to hire an editor before you try to sell this flop to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Summberbell View Post
    I see you are posting your LOTRO autobiography, but for some reason painting it as though it's the thoughts and motives of others. You need to hire an editor before you try to sell this flop to the public.
    Fortunately, I could care less who buys it, as it is my opinion stated, and in no way the fact or view of the masses. Nice try though.

Fortunately, I could care less who buys it,
    You "could care less", so you apparently care quite a bit. Which is illustrated by bothering to make the original post and this response.

and in no way the fact or view of the masses. Nice try though.
    Except for the fact that this completely contradicts your post where you spoke so knowingly for the masses.

You "could care less", so you apparently care quite a bit. Which is illustrated by bothering to make the original post and this response.

Except for the fact that this completely contradicts your post where you spoke so knowingly for the masses.
    Which has nothing to do with caring who buys it. Your drivel is boring at best, Doc. I expected better from you.

Which has nothing to do with caring who buys it. Your drivel is boring at best, Doc. I expected better from you.
    That's ok, I got exactly what I expected out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuppers View Post
    I support your competitiveness and will to bring force to this current "superkin", although i think we could come up with a more fitting term than that.
    i vote for An Unexpected Party 2.0 but something tells me that ppl wont get what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    Also. While you're in the giving spirit would you mind taking your kin and rolling freeps/xferring on/to Arkenstone? NEED MOAR FREEPS THERE!
    that server already cant handle me...whats the point

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post

cant wait to see how many ppl will flock to the new op class in this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor1 View Post
    Yes yes, all the freeps need to turn into creeps, don't worry I will stay on freepside and continue to show how to successfully play a freep. To quote a friend of mine, "Step 1, roll face on keyboard. Step 2, repeat step 1 until you win." Shame most freeps have no idea how to do this successfully.
    ive been trying to tell the freeps the answer to winning for years now :O....some just cant learn
    ---------------Landroval-----------------
    Alsander-r13 burg

Quote Originally Posted by Scuppers View Post
    I support your competitiveness and will to bring force to this current "superkin", although i think we could come up with a more fitting term than that.
    I was also thinking a more fitting term would be The Greatest Kin of All Time. I am glad you agree.

Oh Tbow, you're so silly. That's just your reflection in the monitor. Oh... right.

Oh Tbow, you're so silly. That's just your reflection in the monitor. Oh... right.
    I have moved on cupcake

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCrimes View Post
    If you're bored with this game, why not play something different? There are other RPG games (with multiplayer capability) that are superior. Torchlight 2, for example; it's definitely worth the purchase price. Even more so when you factor in all the mods available.
    Your suggestion is appreciated and thought provoking. Why dont you log on to lotro sometimes so we can talk about it? I promise not to huggletroll you

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    I was also thinking a more fitting term would be The Greatest Kin of All Time. I am glad you agree.
    I like AUP 2.0 better

This thread needs more Haioden Oakshield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMortician View Post
    This thread needs more Holden Caulfield.
    fixed it for ya....by the way, all y'all are phony!
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

speaking of switching side, anybody remember all those store bought reavers and spiders when RoR launches ????
    P.S. Disciplinary School for Girls is the best kin no argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I find it personally enjoyable to see people react to people whom they don't like, think are horrible its extremely amusing to me but that's just me amusing myself.
    Then by all means go amuse yourself all over your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    Hinellas I do want to point out that if all you intend to do on creepside is target solo players with groups of 5-6, then you're not doing anything to help and you are promoting the same exact playstyle your post was intending to shame and playing the same exact way your kin did and does freepside.
    I'm not sure if this was the same night stuff happened, but while running by I did turn floaty names on just to see who was in the rolling greenie creepball and most were in Minions of Mordor. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell who's in which group, especially with greenies since it's pretty much guaranteed that nobody has maps, and so they inevitably end up rolling around in more or less the same direction most of the time like a blob of delicious jello pudding. Also, I can vouch that running off in your group of two can be hazardous to your health when you hit the jackpot freep group of a hunter, champ, 4 wardens and 7 healers (+/- 3 healers) (who all dismount for lulz).

I'm sad that I always miss some of the deleted posts. It can make it so hard to follow the flow of the conversation.

I was wondering where you had gone, Hinellas.

I started PvMP as soon as I hit the level cap at 65. I was on my guard, my first toon, but I was a no one. I was no threat because I had no idea how to play OP and so stayed tank. I watched my friends and kinnies get killed and it was only after every single freep was dead did the creeps bother with me. I got to rank 5 just following the freep raids around, but none of them really explained the moors to me. So I quit. Then I just recently came back to PvMP on my lore-master and who was there to help the squishy and stupid lm? Hinellas.

Anyways, point is, I'll miss feeling safe with you leading us Hinellas, but I swear I'll give ya a good fight! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Anwiga View Post
    I was wondering where you had gone, Hinellas.

I started PvMP as soon as I hit the level cap at 65. I was on my guard, my first toon, but I was a no one. I was no threat because I had no idea how to play OP and so stayed tank. I watched my friends and kinnies get killed and it was only after every single freep was dead did the creeps bother with me. I got to rank 5 just following the freep raids around, but none of them really explained the moors to me. So I quit. Then I just recently came back to PvMP on my lore-master and who was there to help the squishy and stupid lm? Hinellas.

Anyways, point is, I'll miss feeling safe with you leading us Hinellas, but I swear I'll give ya a good fight! ;D
    Thanks for the kind words Wig. You're always welcome to group with my kin who stayed freep-side. We all have the same approach when it comes to LOTRO. Help people out who are like-minded and want to have fun. Behaving like some individuals do on freep-side is not tolerated and ignored for the tools that they are. Things may change when HD comes out but I doubt it. I'm committed to making this work. I'll see you on the battlefield.

R6 BA and Ill happily play with you Hin. I played with you quite a bit on my Hunter before my ViP ran out so if you want company, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    R6 BA and Ill happily play with you Hin. I played with you quite a bit on my Hunter before my ViP ran out so if you want company, count me in.
    Hey Sabian. Absolutely. Send me a tell in game whenever you're ready. We usually have 8-20 on as a kin at any given time so if i'm not on, contact an officer freep-side and we'll get you in the tribe. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    That right there shows you the sad state of turbine $$$$ justification. Vip runs out, just roll a reaver I'm not picking on you sab, just turbine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast