We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Observations

My Observations

First off, i want to preface that this post is not a QQ message nor am I calling anyone out. I'm just making an observation of the Moors action lately and the direction of Riddermark pvp, especially since I went creepside and I would like to do what I can to improve things. I've been a freep for a year now. I started when Aftermath ran open raids and the Intol zerg was at its peak. I can honestly say, I loved the raid v craid action. It was balanced and everyone got kills. Then the pendulum shifted to the creeps when Aftermath went creepside. Freeps had no direction, were scattered and all we had was GV camps with creeps dominating the map and the action. I decided to grow my kin's presence in the Moors and recruited greenie freeps so we could grow together to counter the creep zerg. Now the pendulum shifted WAY back to freeps where we have a "super" kin who transfered in many high ranks, and who also recruited many other high ranks already in Ridder. When you combine that with my kin's presence, and the many new freeps that have appeared, it has completely killed the action to the complete garbage we have today. We have heal-stacked fraids with R9+ vs. non-grouped creeps r6 and lower. I have noticed many good creeps just stopped playing and I can honesly say now, I don't blame them. However, I'm not one to shrink in the face of adversity. Its either counter act them or quit playing. I like pvp so I'm willing to step out of my box of comfort and try something different. I'm calling on my kin and my friends out there and all new creeps to do something about it. Sitting back and doing the same thing over and over again, especially if you don't like how the game has changed, isn't the answer. If freeps want to healstack R9+ freeps and camp a few low ranked solo creeps then as creeps, we need counter them. I'm still learning the way of the creep. I still need my maps. So I'm not the candidate at the moment to lead. I will though. I will do what I did freepside, on creepside. Grow my tribe with low ranks to counter this nonsense. On creepside, I have learned that they are a much tigher group than freeps. They don't put other's down if they aren't "superior" or percieve themselves as superior as many of the new freeps to Ridder think they are and do to others. They don't send mail to creeps telling them how bad they are as some freeps do. They don't insult each other. They help out of group and work together. All creeps need now is to form a counter zerg against the freeps because to be completely honest, creeps are superior players. It doesn't take skill to high rank/heal stack camp solo greenie creeps. Its takes skill to counter it and thats what I intend to do. I'm not the most talented player. I know that. But I do learn from my mistakes and if I want something, I get it from my persistance and pure desire.

So in short, this is my attempt to bring together creepside a little better. You can call me out, insult me, diss me whatever. Yes I was apart of the problem. Now I'm trying to do my part to find a solution. I've heard it all and I can take it, I don't care. I just want better action in the game I enjoy to log into everyday. If things don't change then it is what it is. I've taken my shot. The alternative is a PVP zone that will continue to deteriorate with more and more good creeps transfering or simply quitting. So I will forming groups as soon as I get all my maps and I invite my freep friends to come over to the darkside, as well as the current creeps to join me to make the moors a little better.
    Last edited by hinellas; Sep 16 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Going to mention a few things: First, Ive played on ridder off and on since it opened. I am a casual player I don't play everyday, sometimes for months. I recall many times being solo and having intol run into old EC To zerg and get the kill. I never QQ'd about it on the forums. I remember being in Aza's groups on my warg running into old OC only to find an adino raid sitting their killing all the NPCS and melting creeps as they mapped in. I remember a new "super" tribe transferring to ridder, they were called "safety dance" at the time, they evolved to intolerance. They pulled a lot of high ranked creeps and zergged basically unchecked for a year. The point is, you aren't seeing anything new here Hinealls. You might be seeing it on a different side but that's the way it goes. I don't freep and creep on the same server any more, its served me well and I sure as hell don't attempt to make the play better for the opposing side. If the game or the PvP isn't to your liking, I understand. Your remedy though has been tried before to mixed results in the end PvP in lotro is essentially a numbers game. Who ever brings the more force to bare usually wins, unless the other side has defined roles for its players and a working understanding of how every toon (both sides) functions in a RvR. In that case the smaller group will normally wipe the larger over and over, its not a common occurance although it is currently the case on Ridder a few nights a week. In short, I would explore other games and other servers if I were you. Ridder PvP best days are behind it. Good luck, see you out there.
    Last edited by Thorgrum; Sep 16 2013 at 01:53 PM.

*Slams down empty shotglass after toasting Hinellas*

Hope this new creep enthusiasm still exists in a few weeks! See yall on the battlefield, maggots!

Flesh

I daresay that this will be an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkyy View Post
    Someone for once, Hinellas, is trying to make the Pvmp better and you just shoot her/him down like you have an opinion on how she/he should play this game. Go spam Ark's forums with your garbage.

All power to you Hinellas, if I'm ever on which isn't much anymore.. I'll try to help out whether it with be with Pve for maps or calling things out.
    It's strange how someone I've been at odds with off and on for almost 1.5 years can post something that I could not agree more with. Good on you Qlimax much respect.

Nice post, Hin. <3

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post
    They don't send mail to creeps telling them how bad they are as some freeps do.
    That's only because Turbine hasn't given creeps mailboxes!

As I told you, it's a truly welcome sight and I'm glad to have you guys, I know many others feel the same. In general, creepside has always been rather welcoming to new people. The only time people really receive a hard time for creeping is because they are the type to flip to the side that's already facerolling... or they are simply troublemakers to begin with.

The Ridder Moors is definitely in a completely different place than it's ever been and the worst imbalance I have seen. I hope you and your tribe of creep swimmers are having fun regardless of the state of the Moors and how other people behave. I look forward to healing more of you and seeing you guys become less squishy.

Try not to get too caught up in this stuff and seriously, ignore the negativity from people.

Qlimax:

Riddermark? Positive behaviour? Together?

Someone please explain what's happening.

It wont last long. The report happy internet cowboy will surely get this thread locked as well Must suck he cant use his bloated forum rep anymore.

Just wanted to put in my few cents, for what it is worth.

Hinellas, think of it like sands in an hour glass. Starts off top heavy, then equals out, then becomes bottom heavy as gravity pulls all the sands to the bottom. Flip it upside down, process starts all over again. I daresay what you are mentioning is the "circle of life" in pvp, especially on this server. We do not have the luxury of other larger pop servers to recycle and weed out players. You are stuck with who you have, and that is life. Pre Aftermath, when Wilky was holding open raids, creeps had the upper hand. So he held open raids to equal out the balance. Before that, Adino was there. And Aza on creepside. And Filet before him. And Adino before that.....ad infinitum.

Since you recently started to pvp, after RoR was released, this probably seems new and confusing. I understand what you are trying to get across in your thread. Fact is, sadly, this happens before every expansion to be released. Certainly since I started to pvp in SoM 65 days. The calm before the storm. Give it a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkyy View Post
    It was more trying to get Hinellas not to listen to someone like you, and saying it's cool what she/he's doing.

So don't flatter yourself, I would of argued with any idiot/terrible player who responded the way you did.
    It was more of you making a fool of yourself, oddly you usually keep it in game and not put your self out for public humiliation. You care, I win.

No Freep goggles or Creep goggles, telling it like it is

First off, i want to preface that this post is not a QQ message nor am I calling anyone out. I'm just making an observation of the Moors action lately and the direction of Riddermark pvp, especially since I went creepside and I would like to do what I can to improve things. I've been a freep for a year now. I started when Aftermath ran open raids and the Intol zerg was at its peak. I can honestly say, I loved the raid v craid action. It was balanced and everyone got kills. Then the pendulum shifted to the creeps when Aftermath went creepside. Freeps had no direction, were scattered and all we had was GV camps with creeps dominating the map and the action. I decided to grow my kin's presence in the Moors and recruited greenie freeps so we could grow together to counter the creep zerg. Now the pendulum shifted WAY back to freeps where we have a "super" kin who transfered in many high ranks, and who also recruited many other high ranks already in Ridder. When you combine that with my kin's presence, and the many new freeps that have appeared, it has completely killed the action to the complete garbage we have today. We have heal-stacked fraids with R9+ vs. non-grouped creeps r6 and lower. I have noticed many good creeps just stopped playing and I can honesly say now, I don't blame them. However, I'm not one to shrink in the face of adversity. Its either counter act them or quit playing. I like pvp so I'm willing to step out of my box of comfort and try something different. I'm calling on my kin and my friends out there and all new creeps to do something about it. Sitting back and doing the same thing over and over again, especially if you don't like how the game has changed, isn't the answer. If freeps want to healstack R9+ freeps and camp a few low ranked solo creeps then as creeps, we need counter them. I'm still learning the way of the creep. I still need my maps. So I'm not the candidate at the moment to lead. I will though. I will do what I did freepside, on creepside. Grow my tribe with low ranks to counter this nonsense. On creepside, I have learned that they are a much tigher group than freeps. They don't put other's down if they aren't "superior" or percieve themselves as superior as many of the new freeps to Ridder think they are and do to others. They don't send mail to creeps telling them how bad they are as some freeps do. They don't insult each other. They help out of group and work together. All creeps need now is to form a counter zerg against the freeps because to be completely honest, creeps are superior players. It doesn't take skill to high rank/heal stack camp solo greenie creeps. Its takes skill to counter it and thats what I intend to do. I'm not the most talented player. I know that. But I do learn from my mistakes and if I want something, I get it from my persistance and pure desire.

So in short, this is my attempt to bring together creepside a little better. You can call me out, insult me, diss me whatever. Yes I was apart of the problem. Now I'm trying to do my part to find a solution. I've heard it all and I can take it, I don't care. I just want better action in the game I enjoy to log into everyday. If things don't change then it is what it is. I've taken my shot. The alternative is a PVP zone that will continue to deteriorate with more and more good creeps transfering or simply quitting. So I will forming groups as soon as I get all my maps and I invite my freep friends to come over to the darkside, as well as the current creeps to join me to make the moors a little better.
    First off, I just want to say this is one of the best PvP posts I've seen in ages. I didn't see any bias toward either side. You're telling it how it is. I would give you rep for this if I still could.

Secondly, I wish to commend you for striving to be a part of the solution to make PvP better on this server. I will do whatever I can to help out. We need everyone to work with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    It was more of you making a fool of yourself, oddly you usually keep it in game and not put your self out for public humiliation. You care, I win.
    I see him caring as a win in this situation. You on the other hand have contributed nothing but apathy and negativity. You haven't yet taken it to a personal level though I suspect your response to this will contain said personal jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I see him caring as a win in this situation. You on the other hand have contributed nothing but apathy and negativity. You haven't yet taken it to a personal level though I suspect your response to this will contain said personal jabs.
    Why do you insist on paying attention to it? Stop, and it may decide to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    Just wanted to put in my few cents, for what it is worth.

Hinellas, think of it like sands in an hour glass. Starts off top heavy, then equals out, then becomes bottom heavy as gravity pulls all the sands to the bottom. Flip it upside down, process starts all over again. I daresay what you are mentioning is the "circle of life" in pvp, especially on this server. We do not have the luxury of other larger pop servers to recycle and weed out players. You are stuck with who you have, and that is life. Pre Aftermath, when Wilky was holding open raids, creeps had the upper hand. So he held open raids to equal out the balance. Before that, Adino was there. And Aza on creepside. And Filet before him. And Adino before that.....ad infinitum.

Since you recently started to pvp, after RoR was released, this probably seems new and confusing. I understand what you are trying to get across in your thread. Fact is, sadly, this happens before every expansion to be released. Certainly since I started to pvp in SoM 65 days. The calm before the storm. Give it a few months.
    I remember those days in SoM where me and you started at Rank 0 and you wanted to charge in OC like a madmen and I would try to heal, but I couldn't bubble you outside of group because it was'nt allowed until RoI. Those days were actually more entertaining than now where its mainly a Grams or Lugz camp. I'm glad to see that some Freeps like Hinellas has'nt given up hope in the moors and I agree entirely to what she said. I really don't like to raid much anymore and i rather group or solo. Ill do 1v1s all day just to practice and learn how to play my class better, but that's not easy to find.

He's a tool, you know this so don't be coy with me. No I wont take it to a personal level, you know why I wont and why I think you shouldn't, I explained it to you in our conversation a month ago. Unlike qlimax I can take months off at a time, its a game and by extension so is the forum interaction. I find it personally enjoyable to see people react to people whom they don't like, think are horrible its extremely amusing to me but that's just me amusing myself. I concede fully some people care deeply about the game, to the point they will farm ranks in PvP then proclaim others have no life.... Its great. I guarantee you if I took a month or two off and came back people would still be crying about the same thing. Ive been in Kin with Hinealls, ive been in raids with Hinealls he/she has my ear anytime. He/she also knows how I view the game, I have a specific desired outcome for the time I spend in LOTRO and I achieve it. Its not personal and if it is to you, him or anyone else then you've made a terrible mistake. Of course I am humble enough to say that's only my opinion, in the large scheme of things it dosent matter, turbine has made creeps underpowered. Hinealls attempting to make it better simply isn't going to work, unless of course he/she obtains numbers and in that case we have the reverse situation. Anyway, I'll read replies but I cant afford any more warns or im on vacation for another month and I want to make sure im front and center for the hunter, RK and warden dev diaries. Have fun and remember Syn, if the game is providing you what you want, youre winning. If it isn't, you've lost.

Hinellas I do want to point out that if all you intend to do on creepside is target solo players with groups of 5-6, then you're not doing anything to help and you are promoting the same exact playstyle your post was intending to shame and playing the same exact way your kin did and does freepside.

Hinellas I do want to point out that if all you intend to do on creepside is target solo players with groups of 5-6, then you're not doing anything to help and you are promoting the same exact playstyle your post was intending to shame and playing the same exact way your kin did and does freepside.
    We both know that you know not to expect better from trash.

I didnt feel like reading any of that after the 3rd post, just wanted to say to Hinellas, I'm about on the same page as your observations, and while YEA they might be more apparent to some who have been pvp'ing on riddermark for longer, "same #### different expansion etc", I'm glad that you put them into words. Because there is a constant flux of players, and how can we expect "good" pvp when we dont talk about what "good" pvp is? Many players currently in the moors don't know anything other than the last 6 months or even 1 year.
    /shotglassslam with flesh. I support your competitiveness and will to bring force to this current "superkin", although i think we could come up with a more fitting term than that.

The 1 thing I advise while you are grinding maps and learning your way on creeps, is to ask as many questions as you can think of. If you or your kin/tribe mates need anything, I'm pretty bored of being bow-champed from behind a row of rk's and minis

Quote Originally Posted by Scuppers View Post
    I'm pretty bored of being bow-champed from behind a row of rk's and minis
    If you're bored with this game, why not play something different? There are other RPG games (with multiplayer capability) that are superior. Torchlight 2, for example; it's definitely worth the purchase price. Even more so when you factor in all the mods available.

I'm in a group of 2. Do you not expect to die with 20 freeps behind you? I've died 28 times tonight. You?

I'm in a group of 2. Do you not expect to die with 20 freeps behind you? I've died 28 times tonight. You?
    I've played alone the entire night roaming for kills. Anytime I see you, I also see your entire tribe so don't even try that with me. Who you want to play with is your prerogative and I applaud your efforts but you can come down off the cross now, ettermoors martyr.

I've played alone the entire night roaming for kills. Anytime I see you, I also see your entire tribe so don't even try that with me. Who you want to play with is your prerogative and I applaud your efforts but you can come down off the cross now, ettermoors martyr.
    Come on your creep, send me a tell and i'll invite you to my group....i have 2. My "tribe" is on freepside. Ask Grenshah how many kin mates are creepside. I haven't been in a group no bigger than 4 and that's when the action was at TR? I'm not understanding why you're upset you died? Do you not expect to? Look at your log btw. I distinctly remember you getting a KB on me. Should i be upset?

Come on your creep, send me a tell and i'll invite you to my group....i have 2. My "tribe" is on freepside. Ask Grenshah how many kin mates are creepside. I haven't been in a group no bigger than 4 and that's when the action was at TR? I'm not understanding why you're upset you died? Do you not expect to? Look at your log btw. I distinctly remember you getting a KB on me. Should i be upset?
    Oh I've died heaps tonight. Probably more than I can keep up with honestly. You're missing the point and confusing my constructive criticism with anger. You made this post about how you're the new lotro Jesus. I get it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to give you my opinion on how your efforts could be to better use.

Oh I've died heaps tonight. Probably more than I can keep up with honestly. You're missing the point and confusing my constructive criticism with anger. You made this post about how you're the new lotro Jesus. I get it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to give you my opinion on how your efforts could be to better use.
    The new lotro Jesus? Are you serious? No. Just voicing my opinion and trying to change things up. I always appreciate constructive criticism. However your point is my group of 6 killed you solo, which is not true. I've been in a group of 2-4 all night with the 2 number the larger share of my time. Additionally, I've been targeting specific freeps like my kin who remained freepside and Rev. You were just there in a crowded battlefield. I think you have misconstrued things. I'm far from trying to be a martyr. I'm trying to kill freeps and rally creeps. I have no bones to pick with you.

The new lotro Jesus? Are you serious? No. Just voicing my opinion and trying to change things up. I always appreciate constructive criticism. However your point is my group of 6 killed you solo, which is not true. I've been in a group of 2-4 all night with the 2 number the larger share of my time. Additionally, I've been targeting specific freeps like my kin who remained freepside and Rev. You were just there in a crowded battlefield. I think you have misconstrued things. I'm far from trying to be a martyr. I'm trying to kill freeps and rally creeps. I have no bones to pick with you.
    you should both get naked and fight. That solves most of life's problems.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast