We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Barrow-bree????

Hybrid View

Barrow-bree????

One of my toons just "won" a lottery. A type of "food" I'm not familiar with -- Barrow-Bree

Is this a joke?

You consume this food and it kills you???

What is the point? What am I missing here? Of what use is this "prize"?

TIA

To obtain the title 'The Unwise' of course.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNatal View Post
    Is this a joke?
    More like a dare.

If you are high enough level, it isn't actually fatal. I ate one by mistake yesterday, and went through all the festival quests while it wore off.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

I just tried this with my lvl 64 champ. Barely even had an effect when out of combat.

I ate 4 of them (they drop in barrows) and then I log off.

When I log on, I almost die ^^

One of my toons just "won" a lottery. A type of "food" I'm not familiar with -- Barrow-Bree

Is this a joke?

What is the point? What am I missing here? Of what use is this "prize"?

TIA
    its a rly rly rly useless thing just like moria

It's an iconic item of Middle Earth cuisine and a valuable lesson in not eating everything you find in an ancient tomb just because you think you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiebelle View Post
    It's an iconic item of Middle Earth cuisine and a valuable lesson in not eating everything you find in an ancient tomb just because you think you can.
    +virtual rep points! Wiser words were never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6621 View Post
    its a rly rly rly useless thing just like moria
    Moria is useless? Heh? Nice addition to the thread.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e65ec/signature.png]Illaphor[/charsig]

Well i still remember my first Barrow-Bree on my first Guard at level 18, "The Unwise" was a pretty fitting title i'll admit.
    Nothing here matters.

The thing I've never been sure of is whether the dying discounts you for the undying title (and related titles).

I oddly once died in combat and still got the undying title. I think that may have been because I'd gone afk and never attacked what was hitting me, so when I died, it didn't disqualify me for the undying title. Sure made me glad, because I'd been furious about missing out on that title. It was my first RP toon (Landroval server) and that had been my low-level goal. Was so glad when I got the title anyway. ^_^ But yeah, I have wondered how the barrow-brie effects the undying titles.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Not that rare...if you are slaying mobs for those two Bree-deeds (skellys and ghosts), you will likely get a few to drop every 50 or so mobs. (You need to slay like 500 of each type) Not sure if the spiders drop them too, but the wights and/or shades do.

Does not matter if you live or die, you get the title "The Unwise" if you partake.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Remember you can never be killed, only defeated, and even that has no ramification whatsoever, just click the revive button and it's as if nothing happened other than you having gained a title.

What is the point?
    Flavor.

What am I missing here?
    The fun of the game.

Of what use is this "prize"?
    To experience flavor, have fun, and gain a title, at no cost to you!

PS: In the future, if you don't want something, don't enter the lottery/request it!
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I crumble it up and sprinkle it on a little shire sweet leaf and make my own flying oliphants.

Barrow-brie only drops in the Barrow Downs and is a pretty rare drop. Need to kill hundreds of monsters to find one. Eating it grants a special title. That's why it's considered worthy of a spot in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Barrow-brie only drops in the Barrow Downs and is a pretty rare drop. Need to kill hundreds of monsters to find one. Eating it grants a special title. That's why it's considered worthy of a spot in the lottery.
    Not really. The drop rate has been increased significantly. I got 4 within half an hour.

However, it IS still something considered rare and it was in the lottery a few times, is a nice prize fun item.

We've all been sitting at our computers so long, generously attending as guests on Turbine's servers, it was only polite that they offered us a few horderves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    While it only drops in the Barrow Downs it is not that rare as you suggest. I have found more than one on every toon I have taken into the Barrow Downs. On one toon I got 4 in one run thru the area.

oo it's fun that cheese.
    get a healer to pop heals for 20 mins (or heal self if you are one) and go out fighting somewhere. see if you survive.
    bit of adrenaline at level 20-30 ish. ha