We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

BETA TESTERS: Please do not post here!

Just in case... I thought I would dig this out of the closet there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juaquilias's 2012 ROR Thread
    HELLO BETA TESTERS: PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE! (i.e. Go away! Shooo! Scat! Scurry on to the Beta forums you scamps! )

Remember folks! Let's not repeat last's year brouhaha over Beta and breaking the Non-disclosure Agreement. Some testers already broke the NDA before they even got in to beta!

1. Do not talk about your e-mail invite to Beta. Legit or otherwise.
    2. Do not talk about being in Beta.
    3. Do not talk about how you're having trouble logging into Bullroarer or having trouble downloading it or whatever.
    4. Do not talk about posts and threads located in the Bullroarer forum (or whatever Beta forum exists now) here on the regular forums.
    5. Do not accidentally post something in the regular forums that is meant for the Bullroarer forums. If you do, well then... sorry...
    6. Do not talk about other people you know who are in beta. You might get them kicked out of beta which is uncool.
    7. Do not talk about Beta content... even if it is really cool.
    8. Do not ask questions about Beta content here in the regular forums.
    9. Do not post pictures about Beta content in the regular forums.
    10. Do not come here and complain about that bug you found in beta. It's a beta... you're there to find bugs. Submit a ticket or post in Bullroarer or whatever Beta forum exist.

11. Just plain old "do not talk about beta."Unless you want to be kicked out of beta of course. Even then, don't talk about beta.

Oh, don't forget do not talk about beta. I was going to say shoo, scat but apparently people took that the wrong way. And no I am not a Turbine employee, I'm just trying to help the community.

With much love, peace and respect,

Your fellow Rider of Rohan,

Juaquilias
    Last edited by JuaQuins; Sep 15 2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: History repeats itself (2013)... Edited so I can get over myself apparently (2012)...
    "Juan ring to rule them all." - Juaquino, Loth Angelien, Californiath

Save a copy of that for next year...you'll probably need it...again.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

I won't hold my breath as to this helping much, if any, considering the majority of people never search or read anything before posting.

It would help a lot if Turbine would explain this in the invites they send out.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

You guys act like beta to a video game is working for the secret service to protect the president from frozen horses in mounted combat. "OMG! dont tell no one you in beta or turbine will terminate you and your family!" I got invited to Battlefield 4 beta, think a tank will roll up to my door if i ask on their forums if the key i got is legit?
    Last edited by Zerric; Jul 18 2012 at 10:23 PM.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5959788VfIbF.png[/img][/url]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Why are you telling people to take a poo?
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by Catisa View Post
    I won't hold my breath as to this helping much, if any, considering the majority of people never search or read anything before posting.

censorship is bad in any form. and the search engine here has never taken me to anything resembling useful yet. and of course the ever popular their lucky to even log in or stay logged in on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    censorship is bad in any form. and the search engine here has never taken me to anything resembling useful yet. and of course the ever popular their lucky to even log in or stay logged in on these forums.
    It's not censorship. The beta is a closed beta- they are letting you in to look at their developments, and test it to help them improve it. Part of the deal is that everything about it remains secret at this point, until they let you know you can talk. This is not anything unusual, improper, or illegal. if you can't handle something simple like that, then the answer is simple- you have no business in a beta, or anything that is proprietary information for anything or anyone.

And please, don't complain if your doctor tells others about your medical issues, your bank talks to others about your money, your company fires you for talking about trade secrets, or things like that. Those all fall under similar circumstances.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

If memory serves from the RoI beta, it did say something to that effect on the invite, and it was all over the beta forums. However, if this year is anything like last year, there will be quite a few players removed today and over the weekend.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000d6597/01001/signature.png]Sklori[/charsig]

10. Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    censorship is bad in any form.
    How in the world do you equate a NDA with censorship?

Not all censorship is evil, for instance I am self censoring right now so I don't get in trouble by not following the rules that I agreed to on a privately owned board.

Agreeing to a NDA is optional, so is them granting access to the beta server. They agreed to not do something (even if they didn't read what they were agreeing to) and they did it anyway, lesson learned.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

"Welcome to the Riders of Rohan Beta! Please note, while this message is public, the beta is private and available only to those who have received an invitation and/or beta key."

While this message is PUBLIC.
    When the Rebels become the Tyrants, Revolution takes on a New Meaning.

“Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

censorship is bad in any form
    This reminds me of one of my favorite unintentional irony quotes: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

I don't think i've ever really heard someone getting thrown out of a beta simply because they ended up posting about participation in beta in a general forum because they were experiencing difficulties participating in it. For the most part the NDA is only really enforced if you go on the forums posting videos and giving full in detail information on content, otherwise they don't really care much since most other places they can't really stop you from doing it although the NDA tells you not to. If anything they'll welcome youtube videos and forums posts /discussions else where as its pretty much free advertising for their product.

If you want to be over analytical about it you could say that telling players they can't talk about something, which will only make them want to spill the beans even more, is what the company really wants as mentioned above it'll incite more discussion thus attracting potential customers. Since its not like gaming companies have big secrets which will be discovered only in beta, its virtually the same thing as live just with a number of thing subject to change.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Notaforumguy007 View Post
    For the most part the NDA is only really enforced if you go on the forums posting videos and giving full in detail information on content, otherwise they don't really care much since most other places they can't really stop you from doing it although the NDA tells you not to. If anything they'll welcome youtube videos and forums posts /discussions else where as its pretty much free advertising for their product.

Um, ya that would get you kicked out of beta pretty fast.. posting anything about it (Videos/screenshots) is a BIG NO NO... they have the NDA for a reason....

they are pletny of ways for them to see if ANYTHING from ROR is being postd on Youtubes/Twitter/Facebook/Google+
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by Armaius View Post
    Speaking from experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by Armaius View Post
    If the RoR beta invites are anything like my RoI beta invite last July, the emails say something like this below which is copied from my email last summer (bold is mine):

"Congratulations! As a LOTRO player, you've been invited to participate in the Closed Beta for The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™.

Join us for the opening of Beta with an event on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 starting at 7:00 PM (-4 GMT)!

Let's keep this between us... Your participation in the Closed Beta is governed by your acceptance of the Preview and Non-Disclosure Agreement. Please limit your feedback to the LOTRO Beta Forums and email surveys (details below.)"

I'd be very surprised if this summer's beta email invites didn't say something similar. And if this summer's beta invites don't have something like the warnings in bold above and you want to politely complain to Turbine about it, DON'T POST THAT IN THIS FORUM, POST IT IN THE BETA FORUM!
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

If only there were people paid by Turbine to get this message out, then we wouldn't need all these self-appointed enforcement officers.

One gets invited under the terms that he is not allowed to talk about the beta program to any non beta testers.
    If he does not like that term, he is free to decline the invitation.

Nothing gets censored, but the developer trusts the beta tester to keep his mouth shut. If that person is not willing to do so, he will lose his beta tester status.

Quote Originally Posted by JuaQuins View Post
    Seriously, you took it like that? You couldn't assume positive intent?And you had to be mean about it.

No, I am not a Turbine employee and I meant it as more tongue-and-cheek. I said "shoo, scat." I'm only trying to help so that people don't get kicked off beta. I just thought I was doing a public service. Sorry, my bad.

I don't know but you actually hurt my feelings.
    Well I saw nothing wrong with your post. Don't let it get to you. There are people here who just love posting rude/snide comments about stuff.

21. Quote Originally Posted by JuaQuins View Post
    Seriously, you took it like that? You couldn't assume positive intent?And you had to be mean about it.

No, I am not a Turbine employee and I meant it as more tongue-and-cheek. I said "shoo, scat." I'm only trying to help so that people don't get kicked off beta. I just thought I was doing a public service. Sorry, my bad.

I don't know but you actually hurt my feelings.
    Don't worry, most reasonable readers realized you were trying to help those new beta testers from inadvertently getting themselves kicked out of the program. Just ignore the grumpy/negative posters.

/thumbs up to JuaQuins
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Some of us got our sense of humor shot off in Moria, it seems. The OP is merely trying to humorously emphasize the importance of the NDA for those so excited by getting an invite they may forget. There's nothing wrong with that, it was well meant.

...beta? What's a beta?

Some must fight, so that all may be free.

I would like to talk about Beta for a minute. I'm not in it! :P

No NDA was violated by disclosing this information. Have a nice day!
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

First rule of BETA is....don't talk about BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    First rule of BETA is....don't talk about BETA.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast