We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Guys its simple. Raiding is officially dead in lotro, so there is not much to discuss, if you want raids move to different game, wow for example. As much as I love lotro and its players, devs made everything in their possession to kill interest in people who likes to raid and pvp. There is not much to talk about, reality is here already. The only reason I might buy HD its to try get r15 on my cappy because ranking is only somewhat competitive aspect left in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    until someone figures out a way for it to be worth WB devoting resources to, it's not going to happen.
    I'd pay more to be able to stay in LOTRO and raid. Assuming, of course, our classes stay complex and the raids stay challenging for complex classes.

Sensing this won't be the case, I'm currently starting to play RIFT as a backup if my LOTRO fears come true in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaberman View Post
    I'd pay more to be able to stay in LOTRO and raid. Assuming, of course, our classes stay complex and the raids stay challenging for complex classes.

Sensing this won't be the case, I'm currently starting to play RIFT as a backup if my LOTRO fears come true in HD.
    I hope they do as well but again from what im hearing but never really tested world of war craft mechanics is the most similar to lotros so most of us in my kin are considering moving there.
    FEAR IS NOT REAL Jetsu RANK 12 SnH *

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Yeah yeah soloer blah blah. You know i'd really love to support the raiders in getting more challenging raids but as long as the superior loot is a must criteria in every post about it, i will not. I have about as much interest in being a second class citizen again as the raiders do.

Honestly though i'd wait to see how the Epic/Big battles turn out, they have a 12 man setting, sure they might be glorified skirmishes but they might turn out good too.
    Just because someone plays mainly solo doesn't mean they have never grouped. Just because someone is a casual player, doesn't mean they have never grouped.

Every single player is a soloer if they play any solo content, and every single player is a grouper if they play group content. 'Raider' only means an individual who has/does participate in 12+man content.

I don't see why you think you immediately become a 'second class citizen' if you are not wearing exactly the same gear in every slot as someone who earned their gear from completing the most difficult content in the game on the highest difficulty setting.
    Why do you feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0711 View Post
    As part of an active raiding kin who completed all 3 Erebor challenges (NA server first on flight challenge) I will say it took us over 2 months of active attempts before we discovered the game mechanic that let us complete flight challenge.......so I don't believe the challenge was broken, I think it was working exactly as intended- though.....I will say more kins would have completed if not for the horrendous lag. I can also say the loot is just the carrot - the reward is successfully completing the most challenging content available as a group.

I had held out hope that the big battles might turn into a new/fun/challenging way to continue end-game raiding. I am a big believer that everyone - no matter skill level or playstyle - should have an opportunity to do end game challenges and end game loot- the harder the challenge the better the reward. The idea of rewarding by number of objectives completed, using tactics and stategies was interesting .....................until I read that a level 10 could get a top reward (platinum) according to how much they contributed. As raiders we try to get the most out of our toons, we run instances for the best gear, test rotations, work out and execute strategies and when they fail.......come up with another and do it all again, until we succeed. The thought that a level 10 could get the same reward is meh.
    Well i guess that's the part i don't understand as long as i can get my reward the way i want it's completely irrelevant to me how someone else gets his. And if he got his level 95 gold item being level 10, stumbling through the woods totally wasted while he was actually looking for his misplaced pants, so be it, doesn't diminish anything i did.(Not to mention i could be that drunk guy too :P)

Two things though people assume the platinum for level 10s is probably achieved by doing this that do not actually require gear whichever that might be.
    And second a level 10 will only get level appropriate gear so if he's level 10 he'd get a level 10 item, not sure about titles or cosmetics if there is any.

According to the CSTM interview we will get more info on the battles in the very near future so i hope it's still in september.
    To me, it is relevant that there are 'shinies' at the end of these pieces of content - because thats additional incentive to run them.

It is relevant that in order to perform additional challenge requiring additional resources and all of the things posted on these forums many, many times - that you get rewarded for your extra effort.

People who enjoy running in groups, are going to do so anyway in the parts of the game where they can.

People who enjoy the hardest challenges in the game, are going to attempt to do them regardless of the reward, because that's what they like.

But what about people who almost never do? Everbody around here always talks about 'the majority'.

A casual or solo player (whether or not they have yet dipped their toes into ANY grouping at all) - may indeed find themselves wanting a piece of gear that happens to come from a 3-man, or some particularly challenging 6-man or raid, and guess what? That slight spark of interest could make that player lots of friends, end him or her up in a static group or kinship of people who would play 'alongside' them during their solo activities, and be there to play with them in all of our scaled instances, skirmishes, etc.

And if that player didn't own these pieces of content? Now there is a very good chance they will spend some extra cash/TP to purchase more content - yay for Turbine, yay for the grouping community, yay for the development of group instances.
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]Turbine does not give out rewards based on the profit factor; because rewards must be earned by completing content.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Shane412 View Post
    I hope they do as well but again from what im hearing but never really tested world of war craft mechanics is the most similar to lotros so most of us in my kin are considering moving there.
    If you can ignore the horrible horrible community there, ugly graphics (my opinion anyways), average storyline you will enjoy it there... Gameplay-wise WOW is probably the best game ever made... And with the addition of some new mini games like "pokemon" it really does have something for everyone....

What i really like is that gear is important at every level due to much harder open world content... In lotro i really dont care about gear while leveling.. My Lvl 60 mini still has some lvl 20 gear and i dont even feel the difference...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Raiding is dead. Period.
    The only time now you will see raiders doing raids is when the expansions come. They will return in droves, play the new content, run a few raids for old times sake then go back to the games that can keep their interest. One can't blame them for not wanting to run warmed up scaled versions of raids they've done a million times in the past. Some people just don't want to eat peanut butter and jelly every day for lunch, some days they want chicken salad or tuna!

Some of the very best times I have ever had in this game are with my raid groups. We've laughed, we've raged, we've been frustrated, we've given up, we've failed and we've won. I wouldn't trade any of that for another 10 levels of solo questing.

Its sad future players will miss out on this aspect of the game.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Raiding is dead. Period.
    The only time now you will see raiders doing raids is when the expansions come. They will return in droves, play the new content, run a few raids for old times sake then go back to the games that can keep their interest. One can't blame them for not wanting to run warmed up scaled versions of raids they've done a million times in the past. Some people just don't want to eat peanut butter and jelly every day for lunch, some days they want chicken salad or tuna!

Some of the very best times I have ever had in this game are with my raid groups. We've laughed, we've raged, we've been frustrated, we've given up, we've failed and we've won. I wouldn't trade any of that for another 10 levels of solo questing.

My kin last night got 2 raids doing T2C, and rainding at least 3 times a week, i would not say raiding is dead. Maybe in the most part of servers and most part of kins, but it's far from dead if you know where to look.
    "[...] I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: [...]"

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonaith View Post
    My kin last night got 2 raids doing T2C, and rainding at least 3 times a week, i would not say raiding is dead. Maybe in the most part of servers and most part of kins, but it's far from dead if you know where to look.
    Honestly, I am super glad for you that you guys are able to put together raids! I really am! Its great to see some people still doing content. What server are you on?
    I'm willing to bet it's not Evernight though.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Honestly, I am super glad for you that you guys are able to put together raids! I really am! Its great to see some people still doing content. What server are you on?
    I'm willing to bet it's not Evernight though.
    I play at Landroval.
    "[...] I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: [...]"

Raiding is dead. Period.

I really like how you word this am I play on landroval that person from dragonfly then must be secret because I never heard of them raiding that much!

T2C raids? do you mean ToO at lvl 75? oh wait you guys already did Saruman T2 at lvl 75 cap with only 2 healers, that facebook post was so awesome =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shane412 View Post
    I really like how you word this am I play on landroval that person from dragonfly then must be secret because I never heard of them raiding that much!
    A kin can only raid much when everyone talk about? ok...

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    T2C raids? do you mean ToO at lvl 75? oh wait you guys already did Saruman T2 at lvl 75 cap with only 2 healers, that facebook post was so awesome =)
    Have no idea about that facebook post you're talking about, but we're doing RoR raids T2C

Yeah yeah soloer blah blah. You know i'd really love to support the raiders in getting more challenging raids but as long as the superior loot is a must criteria in every post about it, i will not. I have about as much interest in being a second class citizen again as the raiders do.

Honestly though i'd wait to see how the Epic/Big battles turn out, they have a 12 man setting, sure they might be glorified skirmishes but they might turn out good too.
    I wouldn't say that solo'ers are 2nd class citizens any longer as much of the raid gear comes from solo play/85 landscape mobs, but raiders sure are. I believe that the best loot should be the hardest to get, and in a traditional sense it's only accessed through very difficult group content. Unfortunately, the concept of hard work=good reward was thrown out the window this expansion and that combined with "meh" raids is what is driving the raiding community away.

Perhaps if the raids weren't so terrible I wouldn't care as much about the way loot is distributed. Smaug is likely the easiest challenge Turbine has ever made. BFEC also turned out to be easier than most people thought at first (the hardest part for my kin was getting 12 people interested enough to do it) and FLMC is downright not fun to even try with the lag issues. But with such terrible (imo) raids, this sketchy loot system where toons are getting 3 or more of the same gold items while others farm endlessly in vain is just downright awful. Any game that requires you to be lucky to get rewarded is surely loses my interest rather quickly, and looking at reactions in the forums I'm not alone.

I don't care if solo'ers get the same loot as I do. It doesn't bother me in the least. But if that's how it's going to be, it needs to be set up in such a way that it is equally as hard to obtain this endgame gear solo as it is completing tough group content. And I don't mean it in a grindfest that no one enjoys.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

I understand that creating a raid is a complex thing to do, that is only immediately available to a portion of the player base. It's not the best investment for the company in short terms, however such a content is not wasted. I often wonder if I have changed to be more of a casual player by myself, or is it just a result of the game's new direction. Since Rohan was released I barely done anything in a group setting. My sweetest memories are from Moria and Mirkwood raids. The feeling of beating a challenging content that requires team effort is not comparable to any type of "new end game" that you can do solo. I personally prefer my MMO to be massive and not just in ways that allow me to talk with others. Please, bring back some of the old direction of the game. Though LOTRO is old, it has yet a lot of life left in it. Do not let it go to waste!
    [I]"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."[/I]

If the game no longer gives you what you want from it, then stop playing it.
    After spending far too much time making recommendations and hoping things would get better - only to be met with serial disappointments - I was more than ready to walk away from this game.
    Things are now to the point where I find it somewhat odd that people are still trying to save the sunken ship that was LotRO raiding.
    No offense to the OP (as I was once of similar mindset) but everything surrounding this game is just utterly depressing if you were fortunate enough to have played the game in its prime.

It's hard to look at it objectively when you're still invested in it, but what you see is what you get. Tell me, what do you see?
    Since leaving LotRO, I have had the pleasure of investing time in both SWTOR and Rift and both of them are top-notch games that cater to many playstyles - not just the styles that feed their in-game store - not just the ones that contribute the most to the bottom line.

Raiders in LotRO have been treated as second-class citizens for a long time. Now they're simply refugees - little blips of LotRO nostalgia. Is that worth your time?
    I'm a huge fan of the Lore, but eventually the game no longer emitted that vibe, either. Gone so wrong...
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Yes some people are still raiding, even T2C raids, but it doesnt not FEEL like the T2C ToO, or OD, or pre-scale BG, rift... The new raids are boring, lack of tactic and mechanics. It's all about morale vs morale, damage vs damage. Where is cc? Where's corruption removal? Where's interrupting? Where's fellowship manouerve?When my kins ran the old T2C raids on level, I experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala
    We've laughed, we've raged, we've been frustrated, we've given up, we've failed and we've won.
    Now, it's all about "just get it done" feeling.
    Last edited by Hiritier; Oct 05 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0711 View Post
    As raiders we try to get the most out of our toons, we run instances for the best gear, test rotations, work out and execute strategies and when they fail.......come up with another and do it all again, until we succeed. The thought that a level 10 could get the same reward is meh.
    Well i guess that's the part i don't understand as long as i can get my reward the way i want it's completely irrelevant to me how someone else gets his. And if he got his level 95 gold item being level 10, stumbling through the woods totally wasted while he was actually looking for his misplaced pants, so be it, doesn't diminish anything i did.(Not to mention i could be that drunk guy too :P)
    The big difference between the 2 cases is that the character that earned his reward, also earned the title that the other player will never have. It has always seemed to me that it is the title that ought to be the valuable reward. It never ages, never gets obsoleted by a raise in the level cap. You never end up vendoring it, or deconstructing it. It stands for all time as a record of awesomeness.

Perhaps what we need is another per-character panel that can be inspected, that functions like a trophy wall for titles. That would get round only being able to display a single title on your character. Or another alternative would be something like Rank in the Moors. Some discrete little symbol that sits next to your characater icon and indicates just how much you have achieved in the sucessfully running instances and raids at the higher levels. Heck, it could even be something that exists as a character frame.

I'm sure more creative minds than mine could come up with something that would do the job of giving those who wqant it a way of demonstrating their achievements that is not tied to gear which is such a transient thing that in the long view there is little point in chasing after it.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    The big difference between the 2 cases is that the character that earned his reward, also earned the title that the other player will never have. It has always seemed to me that it is the title that ought to be the valuable reward. It never ages, never gets obsoleted by a raise in the level cap. You never end up vendoring it, or deconstructing it. It stands for all time as a record of awesomeness.

Perhaps what we need is another per-character panel that can be inspected, that functions like a trophy wall for titles. That would get round only being able to display a single title on your character. Or another alternative would be something like Rank in the Moors. Some discrete little symbol that sits next to your characater icon and indicates just how much you have achieved in the sucessfully running instances and raids at the higher levels. Heck, it could even be something that exists as a character frame.

I'm sure more creative minds than mine could come up with something that would do the job of giving those who wqant it a way of demonstrating their achievements that is not tied to gear which is such a transient thing that in the long view there is little point in chasing after it.
    I agree for the most part ! They did mention giving a variety of stuff big battle more traditional raids which gave me more hope! Easy way to fix inactivity is combine servers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2