We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Green Dragon Drinking Team (currently leveling and dungeon crawling as we go)

Green Dragon Drinking Team

Update: Looking for 4-6of any classes . If interested Contact Cadwalader on Firefoot by Im, in game mail, message here or apply at the website below.

If you want to experience leveling Lotro in a group with emphasis on group content and as a team, The Green Dragon Drinking Team is glad to welcome you. Below is a summary of our progress and the info you need to join us. We play a designated set of characters 2 times a week and intend to level as fellowships and to run all of the instances along the way. We also intend to play the endgame content as a regular group who has created a fun, functional, and relaxed Kinship.

We have 7 regular players and would like to increase our number to 12 for raiding. Our current group are soon disabling at level 48 to run the mid level dungeons before venturing into Moria. We're taking our time, leveling at a slow pace and enjoying the dungeons as we go. This post is aimed at recruiting enough members to Raid Helegrod before we take out our leveling disablers.

If you'd like to join us and are serious about leveling in this fashion it's as simple as rolling a new character (we're currently taking any class) contacting me with a name, and logging on at one of our usual times listed below. As we move at a slow pace you should be able to catch up to us without much trouble. After that we ask only that you log on (with real life as a priority of course) regularly on Saturdays 8pm-11pm EST. You can do your questing solo or you can join us on Thursdays if you like.

The website linked below will give you all of the info you need to get started and set up a time to be invited. Feel free to start your character before you talk to me. Please read the applicant letter so you understand how we do things. Class needs are updated and listed there.

Server:

Firefoot

Current Play times:
    8pm-11pm EST Thursdays and Saturdays (You can level on different days if you want, but we will be doing group content on Saturdays. Most of us log on regularly at these times and level together between group encounters). For the purposes of deeding and doing extra content I strongly recommend that you get an xp dissabler from the lotro store, it cost 495 turbine points.

How we will determine groups:
    We will divide questing groups into even numbers that consist of those who log in on time. Late comers will be added as is workable. Some of us are willing to run group content with newcomers on alts.

Progress:
    We are 45-48 and disably at 48 for dungeon crawling. We have cleared GB, GA, most of fornost, and most of Anuminas, we'll be doing the misty mountains and Angmar dungeons as well.

Class Needs:

As we are recruiting a second group for the 12 man content we're taking any class. We don't have a captain or warden as of yet, but do have one of each of the other classes.

We want members to play what they like, but may not be able to accommodate multiple players in tank/healing roles until we have enough members to go beyond a second fellowship.

Contact: Cadwalader on Firefoot. here, by Im or in game mail or:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=4117496

About us:
    We are in our late 30s or early 40s. We're casual but serious about running group content. Players of any age are accepted as long as the player is mature and group oriented (mature meaning that you have not just been on earth since 1995. You should be able to communicate effectively, and posses sound logic.)
    Last edited by Rulabula; Sep 17 2013 at 03:39 AM.

I'm just getting back into LOTRO after a long absence and have been looking for people to game with and this sounds like a lot of fun. I've got a 51 hunter that i'd love to join you with if you're willing I'd be more than happy to get an xp disabler. I've got several other characters of various classes and levels, but that is the closest one to your level range. The time of day seems perfect. Although I occasionally have some RL comittments during that time, it is my usual gaming time (wednesdays are very busy). I'm also free most weekends.

My hunter's name is Rodwell, I've also been playing a high-level guardian lately (Berristan) so I might be on him as well if you want to message me in game. I do have experience in the Rift and Helegrod as well as many of the Moria instances. I'm not experienced in group play on my hunter, but I'm happy to learn and take orders well and am an experienced raider across many games. I can provide more personal info if you'd like.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620a0000000bb82e/01002/signature.png]Turunen[/charsig]

Hi Drogyn thanks for replying. Your hunter would be fine if that's what you want to play. If you like another class more, we will be lingering around 48 for some time as we run dungeons and quest Angmaar. Someone with experience in older content would be welcome, most of us were unable to group for it due to lack of interest in the community when we played our first characters. I'm sure if you've grouped/raided in mmos you know the basics of aggro L.O.S. pulls etc so I think you'd have no trouble grouping on a hunter. I haven't grouped on one either I'm a melee type. I will look for you online, it may be a bit hit or miss since I'm not on a lot except our usual times and a bit on weekends. My wife is on more often so I'll ask her to look for you. She's usually on her hunter alt Belaril. If we don't connect before Thursday, I will be on then a bit before 8pm EST and Saturday as well. As for a disabler we're finding that it becomes a necessity at our level since there is so much group content. We all like to run at the level of the non-scaling dungeons, and especially look forward to Moria dungeons on level.

If you'd like to communicate more out of game you can apply at our website listed above and send messages there.

Talk to you soon,

Rulabula

I likely won't have too much game time until Thursday anyway. Busy week. But should have more time on the weekend and next week. I'll check out that web site.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620a0000000bb82e/01002/signature.png]Turunen[/charsig]

Sounds like a cool idea actually. Only problem is I have a level 54 captain. Doh! I may consider leveling another but it hurts, lol.
    I sent you a PM. I've also been leveling my level-71 guardian, Destrier, lately so you can catch me in-game and let me know what you think. I only know a few people left that are still playing so this could be pretty fun.

Hi cuddler, I think you're probably Daxandra who jumped on tonight and joined us. If not put an application in at the website so we can send mail back and fourth and coordinate.