We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    So have I, and have been progressively less satisfied with each expansion. Each expansion costs more money, delivers less, and people keep rewarding the game maker for it.


    It's nonsense to continue.
    If people are happy with the past expansions, happy with whats in this one, that is there choice to buy & they have the right to do so.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    No one can say whether it is "worth it" since the expac hasn't been released so people don't even really know what they are getting. Not even the people in the Beta truly know what will get ninja'd out of live.


    Stop pre-ordering.
    This.


    [Extra text to make message long enough]
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/qqnx2o.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    If people are happy with the past expansions, happy with whats in this one, that is there choice to buy & they have the right to do so.
    The OP asked if the expac is "worth the money". My answer to that question in "no".

    The OP hasn't seen the product, no one has. The people in Beta have, but they are contractually obligated not to tell you if they love it or hate it. So people are buying this software site-unseen. What kind of sense does that make?

    A few posts a go, a forum member stated that they had purchased previous expacs and liked them all, and gleaned from that they are confident that they would like this one too. But each expansion has offered less and less. WB/Turbine tried to sell the last one for nearly $70 (more than a polished new game). In this release, it is said that the Epic story will also be pay to play when it has always been in their free to play product. They are paring the game back over and over (look at PvMP and Raiding).

    They are offering less for more.

    It doesn't make any sense to keep paying more ( or the even the same ) for less quality. People have the right to make bad decisions all the time, and they truly exercise that right. But again this thread isn't about what the OP has the right to do.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    So have I, and have been progressively less satisfied with each expansion. Each expansion costs more money, delivers less, and people keep rewarding the game maker for it.

    It's nonsense to continue.
    And that's quite alright. It's normal. People tend to switch from one activity to another, from one game to another. When and why does it happen? It's all personal. Someone needs 3 months, another one needs 3 years.

    Does it really matter WHY the switch happen? Does it really matter WHAT exactly was the reason for switch? On a big scale it does not really matter.

    You can not watch the same movie all your life, although you can really enjoy some and watch it 5 or 10 times in a row, but eventually you'll stop doing it. It'll be a nonsense for you to watch it for eleventh or twenty first time.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    The OP asked if the expac is "worth the money". My answer to that question in "no".

    The OP hasn't seen the product, no one has. The people in Beta have, but they are contractually obligated not to tell you if they love it or hate it. So people are buying this software site-unseen. What kind of sense does that make?

    A few posts a go, a forum member stated that they had purchased previous expacs and liked them all, and gleaned from that they are confident that they would like this one too. But each expansion has offered less and less. WB/Turbine tried to sell the last one for nearly $70 (more than a polished new game). In this release, it is said that the Epic story will also be pay to play when it has always been in their free to play product. They are paring the game back over and over (look at PvMP and Raiding).

    They are offering less for more.

    It doesn't make any sense to keep paying more ( or the even the same ) for less quality. People have the right to make bad decisions all the time, and they truly exercise that right. But again this thread isn't about what the OP has the right to do.
    Is that one of those my opinion is fact posts ?

    The op asked if the premium edition is worth it not if the expansion is worth it. It can easily imply that he wants to buy the expansion but isn't sure if basic or premium and that's how i read it.
    Nothing here matters.

  6. #31
    I'm debating the same thing. Last time I got the premium package was mirkwood, and that was not actually billed as a premium package - think it was called the adventures package and was $20 more. I thought what was offered was worth it.

    Next one, Isengard, I went with the cheep one. RoR I actually waited till after release and got it with TP. I later came to the conclusion I'd been happier biting the bullet and buying the premium. So this time I was planning on buying the premium but looking at the difference between it and the budget model I'm just not seeing the value. The Crystal of Remembrance, whats that... I have 4 in my vault right now, one of them without a lvl use tag on it. I know in the store it is for sale for $10, but it is also always for sale in game, for game gold and I'm sitting on more of that then I'll ever spend. Titles and cosmetic armor are meaningless to me. I'll never equip either free or no. Same with horses. Pre war horses; I always just rode my 'Ale association goat', now I either ride the goat or the warhorse.

    This leaves 1000 tp and the "Shield of the Hammerhand" as the only inducement to spend an extra $20. A thousand TP can often be had for less then $10. So I'm looking at $10 - $13 for the hammerhand. Plus exp does not mean much to me. I have never had trouble leveling and usually level faster then I really want to. All my character slots are full with lvl 85's with maxed crafting. So while the idea of a cloak that levels with me would appeal to people with low level toons. Again it does nothing for me. Most of my characters have their gold class cloak and I'm thinking this hammerhand will not have better stats. Like to see what the stats on it are for lvl 85 toons.

    So as things sit right now for me the answer is no. The premium package is not worth it. Maybe if they added an extra character slot to the package. Give me something I see value in. Maybe have a package with the character slot but minus the horses and cosmetics. This would tempt me.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    I'm not looking into 'compare it with previous expansion feature by feature' when I want to buy game or expansion.
    I'd rather look onto 'how many hours I am going to spent in game/expansion and how much I'm going to pay for it'.

    Taking in consideration that average non-MMO game costs 40-50$ for 50-60 hours of gameplay and looking at the time that I have already spent on LOTRO I would say that LOTRO is not expensive and that if the quility of HD is about the same as quility of previous expansions then it definitely worth my money, no matter if it basic or premium edition.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    I'm not looking into 'compare it with previous expansion feature by feature' when I want to buy game or expansion.
    I'd rather look onto 'how many hours I am going to spent in game/expansion and how much I'm going to pay for it'.

    Taking in consideration that average non-MMO game costs 40-50$ for 50-60 hours of gameplay and looking at the time that I have already spent on LOTRO I would say that LOTRO is not expensive and that if the quility of HD is about the same as quility of previous expansions then it definitely worth my money, no matter if it basic or premium edition.
    That has always been my logic, however more recently, due to the amount of dead hours I spent in this game, I realised that the quality of those hours of entertainment should also be considered.

    The Godfather movie lasts 3 hours, yet I wouldn't change those 3 hours of my life for 300 playing LotRO. Because it is a masterpiece. (If you don't like the Godfather I am sure there are other movies you can think of in its place)

    So the quality of the entertainment is very important, and recently, the quality of LotRO is questionable, even when compared to itself in years past.
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/qqnx2o.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex53 View Post
    The Godfather movie lasts 3 hours, yet I wouldn't change those 3 hours of my life for 300 playing LotRO. Because it is a masterpiece. (If you don't like the Godfather I am sure there are other movies you can think of in its place)
    Nice point! But... Godfather is exactly 3 hours and that can not be extended into 300 hours. Besides my LOTRO playing time is already above 1000 hours.
    So, comparing movie with game just does not work for me. Just like comparing apples to football.

    And if I compare LOTRO to the other game.... well, it is already two or three months that I play LOTRO only cause I don't have time for any other game.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    608
    This all comes down to matter of opinion. For some they won't be enticed for the Premium version and go for the basic. Others will wait til the expansion launches and can purchase with TP. Myself, I pre-ordered the premium. This is because not only do I like the bonuses (the war steed cosmetic is awesome in its own), plus as a Life timer, I don't have to pay monthly. Therefore I find its the least i can do to pre order with full money. Not to mention I still have faith in Lotro.

    Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers


  11. #36
    Comparing to basic, in my opinion answer is YES, its worth it. +1000TP, +10 quest slots, and a boost to the low level characters in form of the cloak-slot +25%exp/IXP item, with stats btw. Rest of bonus is nice to have flyff.

    What isnt worth the money is the LI upgrade pack at the checkout - most of items are available ingame, and i anyway will miss out on movie ticket, so definitely pass on that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arda
    Posts
    484
    Will the +10 quest slots be available in-game just like the current +10 quests are obtainable by doing deeds?

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    +you encourage developers to create bad content, because you will pre-purchase it anyways without even knowing what you buy.
    I would respectfully disagree with this assertion. MMOs are massive undertakings with huge amounts of money on the line. To think they'd risk years of investment and untold thousands of man-hours deliberately releasing a bad expansion just to cash in quick doesn't make a lot of sense. Releasing a good expansion pack is what they all want to do because a) it will be more profitable in the long run as many players do not pre-order, so if it's good lots of people will buy it after release; b) No developer wants to risk his own job and income by deliberately releasing a poor product.

    That's not to say that there aren't bad releases--there certainly are. But I don't think pre-orders matter to that. They're much more likely to genuinely try for a good release because the long-term profit incentives of a good expansion are far, far greater.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06203000000062b16/signature.png]Eldrenath[/charsig]

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumtrelescent View Post
    I would respectfully disagree with this assertion. MMOs are massive undertakings with huge amounts of money on the line. To think they'd risk years of investment and untold thousands of man-hours deliberately releasing a bad expansion just to cash in quick doesn't make a lot of sense. Releasing a good expansion pack is what they all want to do because a) it will be more profitable in the long run as many players do not pre-order, so if it's good lots of people will buy it after release; b) No developer wants to risk his own job and income by deliberately releasing a poor product.

    That's not to say that there aren't bad releases--there certainly are. But I don't think pre-orders matter to that. They're much more likely to genuinely try for a good release because the long-term profit incentives of a good expansion are far, far greater.
    offtopic, i will agree with you. Is almost one year since they released last expansion. I assume and i hope that they enjoyed this year to make an good expansion pack. Pre-purchasing or not will not make this pack better. I consider it an sign of trust maybe. Because despite all my hopes, i know that this expansion changes will be the worst ever, changing Lotro so hard that making him another light version of WoW. Ugh, pandas.
    But i pre-ordered. Like always. I still hope.

    ontopic. Imo, the difference as money between basic and premium may worth, maybe for those TP, because i cannot imagine i would want something else. What is the point to have some cosmetics that EVERYONE will have them anyway. Regarding the 25% XP bonus ... i am using the tortoise on my alts to level slower. Only following the normal course, you will finish GR at 79-80, way too much for starting Rohan. Specialy since the Isengard and Rohan quests are so linear and you need to do them all for quest deeds, leveling is too easy and you have almost NO choices to choose another course as you had in Eriador until Moria. So why is the rush to have 50% extra leveling, is out of my mind. To have an alt mean that at least at Moria instances, stop and do them until you learn your skills, specialy for important classes like tanks and healers. Reaching 85 and later 95 in 5 days without having an clue about your class .... erm... why?
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    Will the +10 quest slots be available in-game just like the current +10 quests are obtainable by doing deeds?
    I don't see this happening, mate.

    (Awesome graphs, and very informative too.)

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    757
    > +10 quests slot : I already 50 slots... as all quests are now chained, I really don't need that

    > Cosmetics : don't care, I have my pirate/prisonner style

    > 2000 vs 1000 TP : I already have 10 000 TP... I can live with only 1000

    > Crystal of remembrance : I played well enough with 6 legs, I can do without it, especially as there are less and less challenging content.

    > 40 vs 60 dollars : 10 meaningless levels of quests, epic quests and big battle... that's it. I can have a triple A games for 60 dollars.


    So, I will take the basic edition, because I'm less and less inspired by this game... and I fear worst compared with RoI. I don't like the change done to our classes... especially as you don't pay for it... It will be here whether you buy the add-on or not. I don't why it's even on the description of the add-on.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm8249 View Post
    Is lord of the rings online helms deep premium edition worth the money?
    No! waiting until it goes on sale is the wisest choice but it will never be worth real cash. remember mounted combat? the revolutionary way to fight! it just sits there being useless. Don't join the cash grab until you know for sure.

  18. #43

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by BackAgainAndThere View Post
    I thought it was worth it. The +25% XP back item stacks with the +25% XP pocket item that I got last year, giving any alt I make a +50% XP to monster kills.

    If you have a feeling that you're going to buy Helm's Deep eventually, then I would recommend that you pre-order and get the bonuses.
    Poop. I just pre-ordered to get the +25% XP back item and I thought I'd also get the +25% XP pocket item (Token of the Hornburg). I guess the perks don't stack. :-(
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e7ee0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #44
    I have purchased all the expansions with money up until now. I think I'm going to skip this one pretty sure. Perhaps get it when it's on sale. With RoR, I only took main through it out of 9 chars.
    There are a LOT of cool games coming out at the same time, a hard competition for Turbine - and I just ordered a brand new gaming PC. Besides I dislike idea of pig in a poke.
    CHA 100, WRD 102, LM 83, RNK 81, GRD 82, CPT 67, MNS 65, HNT 65, BRG 60

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrant View Post
    Poop. I just pre-ordered to get the +25% XP back item and I thought I'd also get the +25% XP pocket item (Token of the Hornburg). I guess the perks don't stack. :-(
    Yes, its either Shield of Hammerhand OR Token of Hornburg.
    But Shield of Hammerhand stacks with tokens from previous expansions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    It is NEVER worth it to pre-purchase unless you are absolutely 100% sure what you will get. I pre-purchased all expansions except HD. Moria was a good choice, RoR was a bad choice. I pre-purchased Arma 3, bad choice.

    If it's a bad choice you literally wasted all that money.

    So my advice is pre-purchase only when you know it's worth your money. And atm you cannot tell unless you are in Beta.


    +you encourage developers to create bad content, because you will pre-purchase it anyways without even knowing what you buy.

    I agree whole heartily with this especially the last sentence. I have never pre purchased any game. And after the last two expansions being not so well recieved I have decided to wait until it goes on 50% sale and buying it with turbine points, then it will be worth buying. Of course this is my personal opinion and I don't expect the people that will buy anything for any price to really understand my motivations, but I won't just throw my money blindly at a company whose track record isn't that good anymore. I don't care for lose-lose senarios.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    I'm debating the same thing. Last time I got the premium package was mirkwood, and that was not actually billed as a premium package - think it was called the adventures package and was $20 more. I thought what was offered was worth it.

    Next one, Isengard, I went with the cheep one. RoR I actually waited till after release and got it with TP. I later came to the conclusion I'd been happier biting the bullet and buying the premium. So this time I was planning on buying the premium but looking at the difference between it and the budget model I'm just not seeing the value. The Crystal of Remembrance, whats that... I have 4 in my vault right now, one of them without a lvl use tag on it. I know in the store it is for sale for $10, but it is also always for sale in game, for game gold and I'm sitting on more of that then I'll ever spend. Titles and cosmetic armor are meaningless to me. I'll never equip either free or no. Same with horses. Pre war horses; I always just rode my 'Ale association goat', now I either ride the goat or the warhorse.

    This leaves 1000 tp and the "Shield of the Hammerhand" as the only inducement to spend an extra $20. A thousand TP can often be had for less then $10. So I'm looking at $10 - $13 for the hammerhand. Plus exp does not mean much to me. I have never had trouble leveling and usually level faster then I really want to. All my character slots are full with lvl 85's with maxed crafting. So while the idea of a cloak that levels with me would appeal to people with low level toons. Again it does nothing for me. Most of my characters have their gold class cloak and I'm thinking this hammerhand will not have better stats. Like to see what the stats on it are for lvl 85 toons.

    So as things sit right now for me the answer is no. The premium package is not worth it. Maybe if they added an extra character slot to the package. Give me something I see value in. Maybe have a package with the character slot but minus the horses and cosmetics. This would tempt me.
    This had been the best reply IMHO.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by LaGere View Post
    I agree whole heartily with this especially the last sentence. I have never pre purchased any game. And after the last two expansions being not so well recieved I have decided to wait until it goes on 50% sale and buying it with turbine points, then it will be worth buying. Of course this is my personal opinion and I don't expect the people that will buy anything for any price to really understand my motivations, but I won't just throw my money blindly at a company whose track record isn't that good anymore. I don't care for lose-lose senarios.
    They are proposing to transform the way you play the game and we have no information yet on which to judge these changes in practice. Until I can see for myself what the wholesale class and game-play revamp means in practice rather than in Dev Diary Market-Speak then for the first time I'm holding off.

    This is real pig-in-a-poke stuff.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    1,025
    Are you seriously asking us this??? I can say if its worth it for me... But i cant answer if it is worth your money... Whats your income? Can you afford it? How invested are you in this game? Do you enjoy it? Do you want to support the developers?

    These are the questions you need to ask your self...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


    [COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  25. #50
    I pre ordered the premium edition but I didn't include optional order: 5k TP for $35 and now it's too late. Is it possible to get that 5k TP for $35 other way? I tried to use LOTRO store for TP but it offers only 5k TP for $45 I think that I didn't want.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload