We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is lotro helms deep premium edition worth the money?

Is lord of the rings online helms deep premium edition worth the money?

That is a personal choice. Do you think the pre-order benefits are worth it to you? If so you have the answer.
    welcome to maintenance mode

In my personal opinion, no.

That is up to the individual to decide.

I liked the extra stuff, including the +10 quest slots and the various cosmetics. I also liked the pre-order bonuses, so I had no issue pre-ordering the Premium Edition.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

I thought it was worth it. The +25% XP back item stacks with the +25% XP pocket item that I got last year, giving any alt I make a +50% XP to monster kills.

If you have a feeling that you're going to buy Helm's Deep eventually, then I would recommend that you pre-order and get the bonuses.

Originally, I was dead set against preordering. If I changed my mind, I was gonna go for the base edition rather than tossing my money on shoddy cosmetics, and ugly steeds.

But dat shield. Dat shield. Someone linked it in my server's GLFF channel.

I'm willing to put down an extra $30 for that shield. Definitely. Especially with it stacking with the other token for a +50% XP boost? Hell yes!

Good stats, good XP (Won't need any of those Extraordinary XP tomes anymore. Yet another source of income [They're worth 20G on my server])

Looks awful, but it's worth it in the end, imo.

I think it is, but I am sure there are some who do not agree. If you can afford it and will use the free items, then I say "go for it".

Yes and don't forget the 2000tp. I had set up a free acct for a friend to try out the game and let me tell you it sucked not having 6 bags, a wallet, shared storage, et al

Quote Originally Posted by airsoftg36c View Post
    Originally, I was dead set against preordering. If I changed my mind, I was gonna go for the base edition rather than tossing my money on shoddy cosmetics, and ugly steeds.

But dat shield. Dat shield. Someone linked it in my server's GLFF channel.

I'm willing to put down an extra $30 for that shield. Definitely. Especially with it stacking with the other token for a +50% XP boost? Hell yes!

Good stats, good XP (Won't need any of those Extraordinary XP tomes anymore. Yet another source of income [They're worth 20G on my server])

Looks awful, but it's worth it in the end, imo.

The stacking may be a bug though, someone said on glff that it also currently overrides the XP disabler stone so if the dev fixed that, they may also fixed the stacking feature.

Another little detail to keep in mind: the Base Edition comes with 1,000TP, the Premium Edition with 2,000TP. When you buy TP separately, 1,000TP cost roughly 10$. So the price difference between the two Editions is actually about 10$ less than is written on the pre-order page.

Nothing wrong with asking other customers how they feel about a deal. It may help you decide for yourself, as ultimately the decision is indeed up to you alone.

I think Turbine played their cards too tight with this one. I had already decided I was going to pre-order for my own personal reasons. But I actually had a hard choice between the basic and premium edition. It wasn't like the premium edition won me over from the start. I was -that- close to pressing basic.

Silly thing is, had the extra cosmetics been dyable, premium had been a no-brainer!!
    Also, consecutively: if the cosmetics had been dyable and the legendary edition had contained a more attractive package for EU customers, I'd rather easily could have been swayed to splurge into that one too. Now it just was not a considerable option at all.

I ended up going premium and I feel like I made the right decision for me

Still, I ended up spending less than I could have, and almost ended up spending a lot much less.
    Last edited by Rainothon; Sep 16 2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: my stonecoal dutch english

Well i preordered although i was wanting to wait on more info on the big battles but anyways.
    I like the cosmetics in the premium edition alot better than RoR imo although still not dyable.
    What made it really worth it for me is the Shield though, it stacking with the pocket items makes you zoom through levels especially doing skirmishes :P.
    There's the caveat though if you don't get any benefit from the added 25% xp for any reason i'm not sure if i would consider the 20$ extra worth it. Personally i wouldn't have found the cosmetics in itself compelling enough to go premium.

(I would still have bought the premium without the shield for personal reasons but that's a different story :P)
    Nothing here matters.

It is NEVER worth it to pre-purchase unless you are absolutely 100% sure what you will get. I pre-purchased all expansions except HD. Moria was a good choice, RoR was a bad choice. I pre-purchased Arma 3, bad choice.

If it's a bad choice you literally wasted all that money.

So my advice is pre-purchase only when you know it's worth your money. And atm you cannot tell unless you are in Beta.

+you encourage developers to create bad content, because you will pre-purchase it anyways without even knowing what you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    and the legendary edition had contained a more attractive package for EU customers, I'd rather easily could have been swayed to splurge into that one too. Now it just was not a considerable option at all.

Exactly the same for me. I gave the lotteries a chance, but now this evening I will buy the Premium Edition when I get home. I was also interested in the Legendary add-on (especially since I have 9 toons), but I could not digest the USA-only incentive. I'm stil angry at Turbine for this.

As said above it gets $10 extra TP making the difference between the two much lower. For the difference the benefits are very worth it imo, the +10 quest slots along with the shield and full cosmetic set.

It seems many people focus too much on the pre-order *fluff items* rather than the actual content itself.

@OP I'd wait for the NDA to be lifted so there is at least some neutral criticism/reviews of the CONTENT you can base your purchasing decision on. At this stage, you have no idea what you're actually paying for and you really don't want to fall into the trap of blind purchasing.
    Sic vita est, vive ut vivas

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenoideawhatimdoing View Post
    It seems many people focus too much on the pre-order *fluff items* rather than the actual content itself.

@OP I'd wait for the NDA to be lifted so there is at least some neutral criticism/reviews of the CONTENT you can base your purchasing decision on. At this stage, you have no idea what you're actually paying for and you really don't want to fall into the trap of blind purchasing.
    That's because he asked if the Premium one was worth getting not whether Helm's Deep itself was worth getting. That's how I interpreted it. As for if the expansion itself is worth it; no one can answer that.

I'm going to be pre-ordering this week and I plan on getting the premium, simply because I like the fluff. I pre-ordered RoR's premium edition when it came out and I felt it was worth it, I imagine I'll feel the same about this one. But that's just me. *shrug*
    Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam6284 View Post
    I'm going to be pre-ordering this week and I plan on getting the premium, simply because I like the fluff. I pre-ordered RoR's premium edition when it came out and I felt it was worth it, I imagine I'll feel the same about this one. But that's just me. *shrug*
    Other than the pre-order swag, is there any difference in buying the basic pack pre-order and buying it in the LOTRO store when you're ready for it...especially when you consider the store does regular sales on expansion packs?

Frankly, most of the extras they offer just aren't of interest to me.

It boils down to whether the extra 1000TP etc. is worth it for you as an individual. For me, I decided it was. For others, they've decided it isn't. Neither is right or wrong, it will depend entirely whether you have lots of alts to level, plan on sticking around for a long time, want the XP buff from the shield etc. etc.

A note on dyeing cosmetics, I've two characters now who are wearing a mix of ROR/HD armour and warsteed cosmetics, and they work together well, because the colours and tones are similar. So I can see both sides of this one, the Turbine guys who design this stuff want it to look unique, and work as a generic Rohan colour scheme. Obviously some folks would want to dye to another colour, and I can understand that too. For me, to get continued use out of the ROR legendary cosmetics while in HD is great, so I'm not as fussed about dyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrant View Post
    Other than the pre-order swag, is there any difference in buying the basic pack pre-order and buying it in the LOTRO store when you're ready for it...especially when you consider the store does regular sales on expansion packs?
    It depends if you want the mount and token/shield. The first is entirely cosmetic, but the second is quite useful for levelling, particularly the shield with the Premium Edition, since it can stack with the RoR pocket item to help with levelling alts. If you don't want these, you can wait to pre-order, of course. You could also wait until the expansion pack goes on sale, but that won't be until a while after launch, so anyone wanting to enjoy the content on day one won't be getting it any cheaper.

-Bel

No one can say whether it is "worth it" since the expac hasn't been released so people don't even really know what they are getting. Not even the people in the Beta truly know what will get ninja'd out of live.

Stop pre-ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    No one can say whether it is "worth it" since the expac hasn't been released so people don't even really know what they are getting. Not even the people in the Beta truly know what will get ninja'd out of live.

Stop pre-ordering.
    Sorry, but that is ridiculous. We have a general idea of what is coming, based on what Turbine has revealed so far, both explicitly and in hints. We can also infer a lot from our experiences with previous expansions. The 10 level increase is pretty standard by now. We know we'll have a new large region, which is likely similar in style to East Rohan (and appears so from the screenshots we've seen). We know we're getting 3 books, similar to RoR, which are based on The Two Towers (so we even know the storyline). We know we're getting Helm's Deep in the form of a new battle system, and while the exact nature of this remains to be seen, we have a lot of experience with Turbine systems in the past (instances, skirmishes, mounted combat, etc.) to give us an idea of what to expect.

If any of us enjoyed previous expansions, then chances are we are going to enjoy much of this one too. The class revamps and trait trees might take some getting used to, like all previous class revamps and the Mines of Moria trait line revamp, but the rest of the content, the stuff people are actually paying for, should not be all that surprising.

I have pre-ordered every expansion of the game and enjoyed every one of them. I don't think I will suddenly hate the game with HD.

-Bel

Quote Originally Posted by Davidm8249 View Post
    Is lord of the rings online helms deep premium edition worth the money?
    Up to you to decide. If you like the bonuses and are set on pre-ordering, go for it. Personally, I'm going to wait this time and see if I want to play with the class changes, and then decide if I want HD from the detailed feedback that is sure to follow its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post

I have pre-ordered every expansion of the game and enjoyed every one of them. I don't think I will suddenly hate the game with HD.

-Bel
    So have I, and have been progressively less satisfied with each expansion. Each expansion costs more money, delivers less, and people keep rewarding the game maker for it.

It's nonsense to continue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast