We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Accessible Ruins?

I was finishing up a long-ignored explorer deed in Ered Luin. When I got near the Wardspire, I remembered that I always seem to notice this set of ruins when I did this deed with other toons. It's like a city up on the cliffs across the water.

Are these ruins/city accessible? Has anyone ever gone there? I was wondering and just had to ask fellow explorers in Middle Earth.

Your screenshoot is awfully blury (no offence intended) so i have a hard time identifying the location by memory. But i have the feeling that is 1 of those ruins of the men that i explored once that are way north in the Shire. They are certainly not random, i have beeing able to match lot of them with the lore. This game LOTRO have many other locations like this everywhere that match the lore locations, sometimes not bound to any deed & sometimes not even named.

no you can't go there i seen it before theres stuff in game thats off map that you can't go to

My apologies...I'm playing on an old laptop and have to bring the graphics down to play. :=\ But, like I mentioned in my post, I was at the Wardspire (easy to reference via Google), and you can't miss it if you look out over the water.

I did scope around and didn't see anywhere where you could climb up. I think on a previous toon, I tried to swim around the cliffs looking for a place, but I can't remember for sure...it was a long time ago.

I'm thinking it is off map. Too bad. Looks like a cool place to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by EIMIH View Post
    My apologies...I'm playing on an old laptop and have to bring the graphics down to play. :=\ But, like I mentioned in my post, I was at the Wardspire (easy to reference via Google), and you can't miss it if you look out over the water.

I did scope around and didn't see anywhere where you could climb up. I think on a previous toon, I tried to swim around the cliffs looking for a place, but I can't remember for sure...it was a long time ago.

I'm thinking it is off map. Too bad. Looks like a cool place to explore.
    I know what place you are speaking of, and as far as I know there is no way to get there.

In another thread a few months ago, it was alleged that this was a place the admins used to use to pull players to when they needed to do things with their accounts, or something. The picture that time was from the old dynamic overhead map.

accesable, I know that friends of mine went to that specific ruin last week. I could provide you with a screenshot, I think they took some. Personally not that much into....exploring out of reach places, but yes, it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Enedraith View Post
    accesable, I know that friends of mine went to that specific ruin last week. I could provide you with a screenshot, I think they took some. Personally not that much into....exploring out of reach places, but yes, it is possible.
    How did they manage to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    How did they manage to get there?
    I don't know the actual route. I just know they have been there.

/edit

One of their screenshots.

Last edited by Enedraith; Sep 16 2013 at 09:52 AM.