We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

burglar or loremaster which has more survivability?

Which has more survivability when soloing and which can handle multiple mobs easier?

As far as landscape content, any of the 9 classes can decimate everything. Nowadays you almost have to try to get yourself killed no matter what you're doing.

That being said, if you're referring to actually killing multiple mobs at once, a LM in DPS-spec is able to AoE quite efficiently. Burg DPS is higher but most of that DPS is single-target. Both classes can very easily handle fighting multiple mobs at once through the use of CC.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Two words: Water lore
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The burglar. They can wear medium armor for one thing. Much less squishy. And they do have a self heal, plus the ability to have two one-handed weapons (until the LM gets a sword at lvl 40).
    A warden of Lothlorien meets up a with a rune keeper from Lindon and a friendship is sparked. An elf hunter from Mirkwood finds a minstrel mourning the loss of Edhellen. A captain of Rohan rides to Bree and comes across a burned farm, the only survivor a young woman who'd defended herself with a rusted sword and axe. Thus many adventures begin.

Quote Originally Posted by LordofTime View Post
    They can wear medium armor for one thing.
    I do want to point out that having higher armour doesn't always make one sturdier. Your physical mitigation will be higher, but your tactical mitigation primarily comes from other sources, so it'll depend on the type of mob you're talking about.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

At lower levels, the burg is more survivable.
    At higher levels, the LM is more survivable.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Both are Croud Control classes so both can handle multiple monsters at same time. Burglar have armor armour to hold the beat while Lore Master have the pet bear to take agro away of him. So the are bout the same of squishiness. All classes have some kind of self heal.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 16 2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

I can quite confidently take on 10+ mobs on LM, I can't do that on Burglar.
    Buth if it's just one large boss, both can take on pretty much anything if it's CCable. Even Arch-nemesis mobs pose little threat.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Different answers to your two questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Which has more survivability when soloing?
    Burglar. You tend to see LMs defeated on landscape while burgs have a few "get-out-of-jail-free" cards.

Burgs can also dig themselves out of a hole, LMs seem to be all or nothing, once their defenses are overwhelmed, they go from okay to suddenly defeated.

...and which can handle multiple mobs easier?
    LMs have more AoE skills and debuffs for multiple MOBs.

For burglars to handle multiple MOBs it takes a lot of target switching, application of debuffs and CC, maintaining that, and traiting to empower that, more skill, not as easy, but a lot of fun!

PS: Note since the mitigation changes with Rise of Isengard, medium and light armour follow nearly the same mitigation curve, so both are tissue paper.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Up until level 85, a burglar has hands down more survivability, better mitigations, more avoidance and more get out of jail free skills. At level 85 with decent gear and traits, an LM is pretty much immortal due to stacking heals.

When it comes to PvP, both classes can fall to high burst damage, but in a straight fight they both have excellent survivability.

At low level (<50) LM is really squishy. The most squishy class imo. Things get a little better with eagle (more flank) then ok with warter lore (level 74).

Burg have more "oh ####" skills than LM. They can easily get away if things go bad.

But LM and burg "survival" is different. LM is about "stand and fight to the death". They have more heal, more cc, more AoE damage, and pet... to fight multi-target, but if they cannot win after all, they will die for sure. In group, LM is the range class, so they usually take less damage.

In the other hand, burg is about "to fight - or not to fight". Burg pick up their victim 1 by 1, brust damage, then stealth, pick another one, kill, stealth. They have lesser heal, no pet, lack of AoE, but if the tide turn against them, thay can easily drop the fight and get away. They can even choose if they want to fight or not. A LM have to kill everything to open a way into the enemy's camp, while the burg can easily sneak thru. A carefull burg almost never die.
    Last edited by Hiritier; Sep 17 2013 at 03:07 AM.