We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Best of the Best

Been a while since we have had one of these...
    Hopefully we can keep the bias/popularity contest out of it as much as possible, and actually, ya know, nominate people who actually play the game and not bring up people who haven't logged in since 2011.

I'll start with...

Freeps

Captain - Grimphore

RK DPS - 1A) Faebore
    1B) Deathawaitsyou

RK Heals - Winkey

Minnie - Erilen-1

Champ - Pausekey

LM - Tarelbeth

Hunter - Kerelas

Warden - Aidak

Guard - Belegarod

Burg - 1A) Gwen
    1B) Debuff
    1C) Sippy

Creeps

WL - Chaoticevil

Defiler - Poppies

Spider - 1A) Spiderbyte
    1B) Glorgnorb

BA - Incendio

Warg - Noobwhat

Reaver - Kerebear

Lets find out who other people think are tough opponents and skilled allies?
    Deltron and TheGodKing

I'll go!

Freeps

Captain - Yoloswaaggins, Grimphore

RK DPS - Faebore

RK Heals - Winkey

Minnie - Erilen-1

Champ - Nudes, Pausekey

LM - Tarelbeth

Hunter - Misadventure

Warden - Aidak, Cannibalfinch

Guard - Belegarod

Burg - Gwen, Debuff, Asteris

Creeps

WL - Chaoticevil

Defiler - Grogog, Poppies

Spider - Spiderbyte

BA - Incendio

Warg - Noobwhat

Reaver - Iraqandroll, Orcchops
    Kerelas-Hunter,Kerebear-Reaver

Edited:
    After reading a couple more posts, I decided to edit my post and list the best "solo, 1v1" players that I believe are worth mentioning. Some of these may be fantastic in raids, some of them may not be. I'm determining this list off of two things: 1) Just how "good" are you at running around solo and often "beating the odds" if you run into a small group and 2) Just how "good" are you against fighting another player on any other class, how adaptable are you to different fights, etc.

That being said, I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for some of these names, but whatever. This is from a completely no bias point of view, which I believe the thread was supposed to be centered around, so let the flak be fired. Rawr.

Freeps:

Captain - Grimphore

RK - Malimshair

Minstrel - Shlorty

Champ - Nudes

LM - Katsimbalis

Hunter - Misadventure

Warden - I honestly feel like no wardens challenge themselves in fights anymore. Most, if not all, fall back on determination/defiant challenge the moment they dip below half health. So, no one gets this one.

Guard - I'm gonna get SOOO much flak for this. Eothaine. He gets a lot of #### for running whenever he can, but when he fights, he FIGHTS. He is by far the toughest solo guard out there, I don't care that he uses his CDs, he uses them WELL. Very few players do that.

Burg - Asteris gives me the hardest time 1v1, but Sippy holds his own very well also.

Creeps:

WL - Superflytnt when he solo's.
    Also, This sucks, because I can't recall his name right now, but it starts with a G, and he's a relatively new player (Guzmat? Grizmat? Bah. He's a WL, and something around r6 or 7). Maybe someone can help me remember his name, but he is literally incredible. I remember being out in a small group with Vic's WL, Explain, myself on reaver, and this guy (really frustrating me that I can't remember his name...), and we stayed alive through a fight against maybe 8 or so freeps with 2 LMs. His response time is top-notch, and is by far the best WL on the server even though he is relatively low ranked. Just thought I'd give him a shout out; even though I'm centering these around solo players and he doesn't solo on his WL, he deserves recognition for doing a **** fine job of healing every time I group with him, which is especially noteworthy given his rank.

EDIT: I remembered his name. Gurkur.

Defiler - No one solo's on defiler... so...

Spider - Gil's spider (again, forgot the name) always gives me a run for my money if I'm on freep. Other spiders usually end up burrowing or running to trees for cover, which isn't really necessary on such a powerful class.

BA - Incendio

Warg - Greenhippo, because he understands how viable flayer wargs are, and because he uses that to his advantage as often as he can.

Reaver - This is actually kinda humorous for me, because reavers are such an easy class to pwn with, but the only two reavers I really am afraid to see solo charging at me on freep anymore are Iraqandroll and Kerebear. Most others almost always bite the dust before they even get me halfway, which isn't even close to being any indication of my skill, but really just goes to show how many poor reavers we have on this server. Sorry, Gladden.

But if I REAALLLY had to pick...

Freeps

Captain - Prozergbuffs

RK DPS - Milkjuggs

RK Heals - Milkjuggs

Minnie - Shaftbreaker

Champ - Swiftchamp

LM - Swiftlm

Hunter - Swifteagle

Warden - Swiftjavelin

Guard - Tankalicious

Burg - Nadnormous

Creeps

WL - Narsilslayer

Defiler - Defileu

Spider - Glorgnorobr

BA - Urukman

Warg - Golfimbol

Reaver - Anorc
    Last edited by Bond007; Sep 21 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Best:
    Me

Worst:
    Everyone not me

This is from the perspective of a raid leader and only categorizes players by their ability to fill their role I request of them --- does not involve solo play or a player's ability to 1v1:

Burg: Sippy
    Hunter: Kerelas
    Warden: It's hard to say on this, as wardens mostly just load up dots, and occasionally tank. Nimja I think the name is does decent, as does Drukarth.
    LM: Overall, LM's need to improve SI'ing their healers. Bel is the best. Tarelbeth is also one of the few that fulfills the role the class demands in a raid.
    Min: Erilen-1
    RK: Heals: Gilthonial and Winkey - DPS: Deathawaitsu
    Champ: Pausekey and Nudes are equally as awesome.
    Guardian: Bel is the best. Hich, Clock, and Nembet can stack them dots as well as shieldwall at a moment's notice also.
    Captain: Yoloswaaggins, Grimphore, and Halborg are awesome. Captains suffer the same as the LM class I think. A majority of cappies on this server had to be reminded to buff, never bubble, bladebrother/etc. Captains are one of the greatest assets to a raid, yet it is often squandered. It takes a decent captain to bubble/buff. It takes an excellent captain to go in harm's way and last stand (if needed), and call it out to let the raidmember being dps'd they got some bought time to kite around and try to get away from that dps.

Warg: Metaljawz and Furrydave are decent scouters. Would like to see more active wargs that take advantage of flayer stance. Lots of room for those that play this class to improve on what they excel most at in raids, which is packflayer, fleabitten, and the 10s knockdown when they sacrifice their hips while in flayer stance. When freeps have OP heals, packflayer and the 10s knockdown can make or break a raid, while fleatbitten is best reserved for popping on top of the freep melee ball.
    Spider: Ihatespiders and Spiderbyte. Ihatespiders is the best secondary target I've ever had in raid.
    WL: Chaoticevil, Angoth, Merrsa
    Defiler: Irritable, Lobsnakh, and whatever the defiler is named in Hungryhungryhippos tribe (Name eludes my memory atm)
    Reaver: Iraqandroll, Kerebear, and Anorc for calling impales, Ronnug, Grumok, and Atzog are excellent at staying on target also
    BA: Demakh, Westmiss, dfts, Incendio, and Auraug all are excellent in their role

I'm certain I missed a few names worth mentioning, as I'm bad with names and so many people group with me, so apologies those worthy of mention that I failed to do so.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Sep 18 2013 at 10:26 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Best:
    Me

Worst:
    Everyone not me
    Funny, thought exactly the same thing.

Best: Ughidontknow
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Burglar - Debuff

Hunter - Misadventure

Runekeeper - Deathawaitsu/Gilthonial

Loremaster - can't really say don't see enough good ones play anymore

Captain - Grimphore

Warden - Aidak

Champion - Mazzor

Minstrel - Erilen-1

Guardian - Belegarod

Warg - Wolfgash

Reaver - Iraqandroll

Weaver - Spiderbyte

Warleader - Chaoticevil

Defiler - Lobsnakh

Blackarrow - Incendio

just my opinion from recent observations some are up to debate, but there are some pretty solid players right there.
    [CENTER][FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"]Eskemo[/URL] R11 Rune Keeper - Eskeho R6 Minstrel - Canturi R7 Champion - Tissues R8 Captain
    Larcenist-1 R5 Burglar - Ethiniel R6 Loremaster - Frequency R6 Hunter - Flicks R6 Burglar
    Eskimono R5 Warden - Butterfree R6 Guardian - Bushpiglet R5 Warg
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[/CENTER]

In the old best of thread. I was mentioned like twice in thirty pages. This thread has 8 posts and I'm in 4 of them.

You guys. You're alright.

I started trying to make my own list. Then I realised. Its really hard to actually say who the best is. I don't know about everyone else, but I rarely take (moors)raiding very seriously, mostly just run around a hit things/throw fire at things/throw lightning at things. Being a shield wall bot or an SI bot is really boring. The times I really actually focus on playing properly is when I'm by myself or in a small group of kin/friends and we're playing against opposition that can actually hurt us. I can't say that I've seen most of the moors regulars in this kind of situation to be able to make a judgement on who is better than who.

And obviously I am the best at all the classes I play, which is most of them. So these lists are kind of pointless anyway
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    In the old best of thread. I was mentioned like twice in thirty pages. This thread has 8 posts and I'm in 4 of them.

You guys. You're alright.
    I knew I was forgetting someone. I've adjusted my list to correct my error. You're now in 5 of them.
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

I'm gonna change this up a bit, and do best players, overall throughout all their alts. My list:

Mazzor
    Winkey
    Debuff
    Bel
    Atoo
    Dfts
    Halborg
    Pausekey
    Aris
    Gil
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Sep 19 2013 at 03:13 AM.
    [/CENTER]