We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ganking the Ganker who ganks at 1v1's

On a couple of occasions now, while mapping into GTA on one of my lowbie alts, I've had Freeps follow me out of the gta creep map-in area and gank me.

That's kewl, it's a pvp zone and all is fair in love and war. However, while I'll respect those who are there to 1v1, if you (Freep) are going to use gta to catch Creeps mapping in and then follow them in order to gank them, do not expect me to give you refuge at gta at any time. You will become kos.

Also, if you see me attacking someone at GTA and not using our 1v1 etiquette, that is the reason and the only reason I'm doing it. Unless you aid the person violating this so-called unwritten code, to which you also are added to my personal kos list.

Again, most of you know my stance on 1v1ing. I am not particularly pro or con. Out of respect for some in our community, I have refrained from attacking those who enjoy 1v1ing. I didn't write these unwritten rules of conduct and only abide by them out of respect for those who consider 1v1ing a alternate style of player vs player.

If general consensus of our pvp community dictates that we discard these rules, then I'm in and we can all go back to doing what the Ettenmoors was designed for, "If it's red, it's dead".

At this point in this game, I'm inclined to agree with many others who believe that 1v1ing hinders the "Capture the Flag" design of player vs player in this game.

Your thoughts?

PS: Consider moving the 1v1 location to somewhere other than a Creep Map-In point.
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Dec 24 2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

While I claim to hold no clout in the community, for what it's worth, my stance is basically the same, Ronnug. I respect 1v1s because it's the courteous thing to do. But if I see you (freeps) using GTA to get kills off of people partaking in the nature of the 1v1s, well as far as I'm concerned, you've just forfeited your right to partake. That's a dishonest mode of play; bad form. Bad form. And while, unlike Ronnug, I can't waste any freep I see fit, expect to feel my sting the next time your step falters.

~ Furface Flufftail

1v1s will probably never get to an acceptable state again. Atleast on Gladden. I don't see why they still take place at GTA. The place make you switch between zones which bugs out skillbars etc.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

I don't really care either way. I don't mind them, as it's a nice break from the responsibility of leading raids. If there's gankers, I gank them. Disagreements arise at times also, which generally turns the 1v1s into a bloodbath and I don't really mind those either. It happens.

I generally don't 1v1 until late night when the action has died down and generally participate until it turns into a gankfest. Then I will aid whichever side I am on unless I feel one side was specifically in error, and then I'll switch to the other side who I feel has been wronged. I really don't mind when they turn out like that in the end, as it's a much funner ending than them ending due to lack of players and you end up with just a couple people on one side sitting around being bored wondering if someone's going to come back.

I'm certainly not for players sitting in the "1v1 zone" to wait for players to leave the "1v1 zone" so that they can gank them and then return to the "1v1 zone" to be safe. I also don't like players who won't 1v1 someone unless it's a sure win. In these cases, I may decide to kill the player(s) in question. If it turns the 1v1 into chaos, oh well. I used to hold grudges and gank ppl who I felt wronged me at the 1v1s many days after, but now, for the most part, I reset my grudges for the next day. Each of us have our own perceptions of the 1v1 rules, I try to abide and accept the general consensus but that's now always the case. Besides, sometimes the gankfests are funner than the 1v1s.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I don't really care either way. I don't mind them, as it's a nice break from the responsibility of leading raids. If there's gankers, I gank them. Disagreements arise at times also, which generally turns the 1v1s into a bloodbath and I don't really mind those either. It happens.

I generally don't 1v1 until late night when the action has died down and generally participate until it turns into a gankfest. Then I will aid whichever side I am on unless I feel one side was specifically in error, and then I'll switch to the other side who I feel has been wronged. I really don't mind when they turn out like that in the end, as it's a much funner ending than them ending due to lack of players and you end up with just a couple people on one side sitting around being bored wondering if someone's going to come back.

I'm certainly not for players sitting in the "1v1 zone" to wait for players to leave the "1v1 zone" so that they can gank them and then return to the "1v1 zone" to be safe. I also don't like players who won't 1v1 someone unless it's a sure win. In these cases, I may decide to kill the player(s) in question. If it turns the 1v1 into chaos, oh well. I used to hold grudges and gank ppl who I felt wronged me at the 1v1s many days after, but now, for the most part, I reset my grudges for the next day. Each of us have our own perceptions of the 1v1 rules, I try to abide and accept the general consensus but that's now always the case. Besides, sometimes the gankfests are funner than the 1v1s.
    Well said, most the time the chaos that erupts is much more fun than the 1v1's were anyway..

I was in that mode this morning while solo and kept returning and getting killed by some gankers til I got a message asking me if I was "ever going to learn how to kill a hunter".
    I took that as a challenge and a 1v1 was arranged and I did loose the first fight (the reason doesn't matter, I lost) but I came back and won the next two rather easily (no wrath, no against the odds, and I only used impale and dev strick once at the end of each fight (except during the first fight where I accidently hit wrath).

Anyway Vic, perhaps you or Swifteagle could give this hunter some pointers? As she's quick to point out, I'm certainly not a very good Reaver and if she has that much problem with an old worn out, no skilled Reaver like me, what's she to do when she runs into one of our really good ones?

Also let her know it's ok to enjoy playing a game, even if your not that good at it. We all find ways to challenge and enjoy this game in different ways. I for one am certainly not going to quit playing just because I'm not near as good as some of the others in our community.

What's the point of this story your wondering? Well if your a sore looser who rages and has to gank someone who beats you strait up? Just maybe that's good reason to stop playing? But please don't, there is far too much entertainment value in it for an old worn out fart like me.. hehehe
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Dec 25 2013 at 04:04 AM.
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Gunnor,
    1) You ARE an old worn out fart. Merry Christmas.

2) I agree with your points, but have one more to add:

3) The problem with people in this game is when they gank others, they don't want to die afterwards. When I gank people (1v1 zones or not), I expect them to come back with a fight. I even intentionally gank people sometimes to spark fights. Many of you realize this, and many of you dislike me as a result. I find it humorous.

If you are going to gank someone, expect to either a) 1v1 (with all the unwritten rules and la dee da in place) them promptly or b) fight them promptly (with none of those unwritten rules in place).

If you are going to gank someone, expect to DIE. If you're not ready to face that fearsome black box with the retreat button, it's time to map out of the moors and PvE, or log. Now, when I say expect to die, I don't mean give up and let them kill you willingly. Of course not! Give it a fight, that's what makes it fun. I think if more people realized this, the moors would be a lot more enjoyable than it is currently. Have the 1v1s, abide by the rules, but when you're gonna break the rules, do it properly dammit.

(Waiting for someone to start arguing with me about my last sentence being ironic and all)
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

I generally tried to police 1v1s since I was usually the impromptu organizer from just my presence, but at the end of the day, you can't control what another person does when they pay for the game like you; people usually won't listen anyway, just gank the ones that are the bastads I guess lol. Like Swift said, you gotta know what you're getting into and be rdy, esp if they bring buddies, but that makes it more fun and challenging heh. I enjoyed beating those dushes that would interrupt 1v1s intentionally into a pulp, and make them think twice. Made some good rivalries due to that, some that resolved because they learned their lesson a la Tingur and became better from it, and a couple that still remain strong and gave me great fun because of it .

Btw Gun, I think its funny you have your rank in your signature considering you said rank doesnt mean anything . Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, indeed!
    Last edited by joshy8910; Dec 26 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Btw Gun, I think its funny you have your rank in your signature considering you said rank doesnt mean anything . Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, indeed!
    Oh but rank means everything now that I have it.. Only the best have rank!!! (and you nailed it, "My hypocrisy will never know its bounds". Just agree with me and be done with it..