We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

HiPS/Disappear bug (exploit?)

In the last few days I've noticed more and more now players are able to see/target and hit both my warg and burg after hips and disappear while still in the 10 second immunity period. Always had the pet bug from time to time but I don't ever remember players being able to target and hit me (targeting bug was always an issue to but at least they couldn't hit you).

Pretty game breaking.

Same has happened to my warg a number of times.

I'd put skill lock and the WL bug ahead of the HiPS/Disappear bug.

But lag is the ultimate game-breaker for me... at least on BW.

Nothing worse then waiting 5-10s AFTER picking a target for 5-6 rows of buffs to load :/

Lightbulb

That have been posted before is not a bug. What happen is if the other player graphics are high he is patient & alert to any movement, he can see you semi invisible. Mind that you are never totally invisible. Also everyone can see your floating name regardles. Making it longer with rank, surname, the most elaborate tittle & kinship will not help you go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    That have been posted before is not a bug. What happen is if the other player graphics are high he is patient & alert to any movement, he can see you semi invisible. Mind that you are never totally invisible. Also everyone can see your floating name regardles. Making it longer with rank, surname, the most elaborate tittle & kinship will not help you go unnoticed.
    Unless something changed.. there should be 10s post HiPS/Disappear where you're undetectable/trackable.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    yeah, we aren't talking about being spotted in regular stealth...

The skill description on disappear: "Briefly undetectable in stealth. Your stealth is not broken by damage." Duration 10s. Using this skill is supposed to automatically break any targetting on you and set your stealth level above any detectable level, though a bug has existed where pets continue to target you, even then the freep cannot see/attack you until the 10s duration is over. With this bug, when its happened to me, targetting by the freep has not been broken, and even though i remain 'stealthed' for 10s , they can target me, and otherwise attack me as if I weren't.

Also, regarding graphics, patience, and alertness to movement, none of this has anything to do with being able to see a stealthed foe. If something stealthed is within your object draw distance, the game automatically conducts a check between your stealth detection, and the stealthed individuals stealth level. The closer the stealthed target is to you, the better your chance to pass this 'check' to spot them, as does the target being in front of you, you having a higher stealth detection rating, and the stealthed target having a lower stealth rating. Having a greater stealth detection rating that a foes stealth level does not guarantee you spot them, nor does a greater stealth level than stealth detection gaurantee you won't, its just better odds on a roll of the dice. You will get a chat notice 'you sense that a stealthed creature is nearby" or something like that sometimes, which means something is there, but you haven't passed the check, you will get something like "you have spotted a stealthed creature." if you pass the check. Graphics and everything else you mentioned have nothing to do with this, you have the same chance to spot a stealthed foe with things on super low settings as ultra-high.

Thats a rough explanation of things, not sure if it made any sense though.

Well said, Des.

I would also add... I've been tracked within 10s of Disappearing.

Not sure if it was just rando or the Freep(s) were using store trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    Well said, Des.

I would also add... I've been tracked within 10s of Disappearing.

Not sure if it was just rando or the Freep(s) were using store trackers.
    my experience with non-store tracking is that if you track within a second or two of hips/disappear, it will not work, but around the 3-5s mark, the track will work even if it is before the 10s duration wears off. No idea if this part is WAI or not though, and I can't speak for store trackers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    ... If something stealthed is within your object draw distance, the game automatically conducts a check between your stealth detection, and the stealthed individuals stealth level...
    I didn't talk about game mechanics to sent you a automtic alert. I said you as a player looking at the screen & seen that semitranslucid burglar/warg behind your toon thinking that you can't see them.

I haven't played my warg very much, but the wargs I see getting struck after they HIPS all appear to be getting hit within one or two seconds of HIPSing. Could this be a slow calculation that awards a strike that should have landed prior to HIPS after it is activated ie a lag issue between attacker and defender?