We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HiPS/Disappear bug (exploit?)

In the last few days I've noticed more and more now players are able to see/target and hit both my warg and burg after hips and disappear while still in the 10 second immunity period. Always had the pet bug from time to time but I don't ever remember players being able to target and hit me (targeting bug was always an issue to but at least they couldn't hit you).

Pretty game breaking.

Same has happened to my warg a number of times.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I'd put skill lock and the WL bug ahead of the HiPS/Disappear bug.

But lag is the ultimate game-breaker for me... at least on BW.

Nothing worse then waiting 5-10s AFTER picking a target for 5-6 rows of buffs to load :/

Lightbulb

That have been posted before is not a bug. What happen is if the other player graphics are high he is patient & alert to any movement, he can see you semi invisible. Mind that you are never totally invisible. Also everyone can see your floating name regardles. Making it longer with rank, surname, the most elaborate tittle & kinship will not help you go unnoticed.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    That have been posted before is not a bug. What happen is if the other player graphics are high he is patient & alert to any movement, he can see you semi invisible. Mind that you are never totally invisible. Also everyone can see your floating name regardles. Making it longer with rank, surname, the most elaborate tittle & kinship will not help you go unnoticed.
    Unless something changed.. there should be 10s post HiPS/Disappear where you're undetectable/trackable.

yeah, we aren't talking about being spotted in regular stealth...

The skill description on disappear: "Briefly undetectable in stealth. Your stealth is not broken by damage." Duration 10s. Using this skill is supposed to automatically break any targetting on you and set your stealth level above any detectable level, though a bug has existed where pets continue to target you, even then the freep cannot see/attack you until the 10s duration is over. With this bug, when its happened to me, targetting by the freep has not been broken, and even though i remain 'stealthed' for 10s , they can target me, and otherwise attack me as if I weren't.

Also, regarding graphics, patience, and alertness to movement, none of this has anything to do with being able to see a stealthed foe. If something stealthed is within your object draw distance, the game automatically conducts a check between your stealth detection, and the stealthed individuals stealth level. The closer the stealthed target is to you, the better your chance to pass this 'check' to spot them, as does the target being in front of you, you having a higher stealth detection rating, and the stealthed target having a lower stealth rating. Having a greater stealth detection rating that a foes stealth level does not guarantee you spot them, nor does a greater stealth level than stealth detection gaurantee you won't, its just better odds on a roll of the dice. You will get a chat notice 'you sense that a stealthed creature is nearby" or something like that sometimes, which means something is there, but you haven't passed the check, you will get something like "you have spotted a stealthed creature." if you pass the check. Graphics and everything else you mentioned have nothing to do with this, you have the same chance to spot a stealthed foe with things on super low settings as ultra-high.

Thats a rough explanation of things, not sure if it made any sense though.
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Well said, Des.

I would also add... I've been tracked within 10s of Disappearing.

Not sure if it was just rando or the Freep(s) were using store trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    Well said, Des.

I would also add... I've been tracked within 10s of Disappearing.

Not sure if it was just rando or the Freep(s) were using store trackers.
    my experience with non-store tracking is that if you track within a second or two of hips/disappear, it will not work, but around the 3-5s mark, the track will work even if it is before the 10s duration wears off. No idea if this part is WAI or not though, and I can't speak for store trackers at all.

You can still get tracked after you used hips/disappear both with store and class trackers. Im always doing it myself, waiting out of combat until the burg hipses than track him. I have never experienced that targeting bug tho.
    [center][color=#1F45FC]Rathregraw R10 Hunter ~ Chayse R6 Cappy ~ Lummen-1 R9 RK ~ Chesterr R6 WRD ~ Bammeg R7 Burg [/color]
    [color=#FF0000]Kutyaa R12 Warg ~ Bammeg-1 R11 BA ~ Krashbar R8 Reaver ~ Djangoo R7 Deffy [/color][/center]

Never has hips made the player un-trackable, but regular trackers can only be used out of combat.
    There's a spider on my server who has been tracking in combat so I'm just gonna guess that store trackers and/or lbox tracker boxes work in combat ^^

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    ... If something stealthed is within your object draw distance, the game automatically conducts a check between your stealth detection, and the stealthed individuals stealth level...
    I didn't talk about game mechanics to sent you a automtic alert. I said you as a player looking at the screen & seen that semitranslucid burglar/warg behind your toon thinking that you can't see them.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Never has hips made the player un-trackable, but regular trackers can only be used out of combat.
    There's a spider on my server who has been tracking in combat so I'm just gonna guess that store trackers and/or lbox tracker boxes work in combat ^^
    you could always track prior to combat and leave the window open, I thought.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

I haven't played my warg very much, but the wargs I see getting struck after they HIPS all appear to be getting hit within one or two seconds of HIPSing. Could this be a slow calculation that awards a strike that should have landed prior to HIPS after it is activated ie a lag issue between attacker and defender?

I didn't talk about game mechanics to sent you a automtic alert. I said you as a player looking at the screen & seen that semitranslucid burglar/warg behind your toon thinking that you can't see them.
    And the only way you can see this semi-translucent burg/warg is if you've passed the hidden stealth rating check/roll. Your graphics or ability to pay attention have nothing to do with this. You will either get an alert and be able to select them, or you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdon1 View Post
    I haven't played my warg very much, but the wargs I see getting struck after they HIPS all appear to be getting hit within one or two seconds of HIPSing. Could this be a slow calculation that awards a strike that should have landed prior to HIPS after it is activated ie a lag issue between attacker and defender?
    This is nothing new, and basically WaI. Its also not at all what the OP and I have noticed. taking AoEs, the remainder of a combat animation (think champ brutal strikes), and most notably induction skills that started before you hips/disappear has always happened. What is different is hips/disappearing, having an opponent continue to be able to target you, and continue to use skills as normal for the 10s duration of your stealth.

Not to get too off topic but... after taking a 2-3 month break from PvP, my overall opinion upon returning is this: Lotro is the taint of the MMO world.

But if you still enjoy it...

If it wasn't for a handful of people that I really enjoying grouping with/1v1'ing against, I would probably have /uninstalled awhile ago.
    Last edited by Rhedry; Sep 15 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    This is nothing new, and basically WaI. Its also not at all what the OP and I have noticed. taking AoEs, the remainder of a combat animation (think champ brutal strikes), and most notably induction skills that started before you hips/disappear has always happened. What is different is hips/disappearing, having an opponent continue to be able to target you, and continue to use skills as normal for the 10s duration of your stealth.
    This is exactly what I'm saying. I've been playing burg and warg for 6 years, I know all about the limitations of stealth and hips. This is something entirely new that I've never seen before. I'm talking about a hunter hitting me with multiple skills like penetrating shot after I disappear, looking right at me and indeed following me while the disappear buff is still flashing. Ditto on my burg. It's possible this has been happening since the last update and I haven't noticed (I guess) but there's no way this was how it worked before at most a couple of weeks ago. Something's amiss.

WHAT? People exploit hips, never......
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    Of course you could, but 2s after hips if you're the person fighting :P can see by the animation that tracker is still in combat

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    I don't know about hunters but I'm quite sure when my Creep use a Tracking Talisman and I don't select a target, the window will disappear once I enter combat.

Admittedly, I have only ever noticed this when tracking and an NPC has put me into combat but surely it would work the same for a non-npc?
    "the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best" - Henry VanDyke

I've had this happen twice on my hunter, after a warg would hips I could still see it semi-visible while the 10 second hips duration would still be up. It was completely unintentional and it seemed to happen at very random times. This should be up there on bugs to be fixed since it can totally screw someones game play
    Trilogi

Yeah, this is frigging stupid. Here's a screenie of me getting hit by three separate players all through a double hips. They didn't stop hitting me the whole time. Given the players involved, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's an exploit. Yes, I've submitted a ticket. I'm just surprised there aren't more people talking about it.

[image]http://mirkwood.no-ip.org:8081/hipsbug.jpg[/image]

I can't be bothered to find out why [image] doesn't work anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Yeah, this is frigging stupid. Here's a screenie of me getting hit by three separate players all through a double hips. They didn't stop hitting me the whole time. Given the players involved, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's an exploit. Yes, I've submitted a ticket. I'm just surprised there aren't more people talking about it.

[image]http://mirkwood.no-ip.org:8081/hipsbug.jpg[/image]

I can't be bothered to find out why [image] doesn't work anymore either.

think it requires imbedding in url tags now for whatever reason
    Last edited by Thorandril; Sep 17 2013 at 01:23 AM.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

I have actually seen this before a while back.... a burg on my server was spotted by a reaver and a BA, so it hipsed, but for some reason I still saw it. it was running right by me (away from the other creeps) so I attacked it but it stayed in stealth(ish) till it expired. I didn't realize till after that the other creeps couldn't see it, I just figured he accidentally hit an attack and revealed himself.

I would certainly hate for this to happen to my warg... getting killed while troll-pouncing grams-campers is humiliating xD
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother
    Eye Gouge might've been executed at the moment you actually HiPS'ed. This is confirmed by the line above "applied a benefit with IHiPS". The rest is all DoT's or AoE, except IPT and VT. But the VT was executed after 4 Maul ticks = 8s. Since there's no other tick at the top of the list, I assume it's been 10s, and your Stealth can be broken. Meaning; only one BA hit you. Should be fixed, nonetheless.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Eye Gouge might've been executed at the moment you actually HiPS'ed. This is confirmed by the line above "applied a benefit with IHiPS". The rest is all DoT's or AoE, except IPT and VT. But the VT was executed after 4 Maul ticks = 8s. Since there's no other tick at the top of the list, I assume it's been 10s, and your Stealth can be broken. Meaning; only one BA hit you. Should be fixed, nonetheless.
    I was unaware immediate skills had inductions to be interrupted.

Also, he double HiPS'd. And even IF he had a bleed or 10 on him.. the 10s of stealth should still apply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast