We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Adding Mitigations to OP Buffs?

Well, since they most likely won't get rid of OP buffs anytime soon, do you think Turbine should add Tactical and Physical Mitigation buffs, say something small like 750 (or maybe more depending on your thoughts)? Do you think it would help balance the damage out? Would it be bad due to overly long fights because healing would benefit more/be stronger if you have more mitigation to keep you alive? Perhaps even nerf the mastery buffs and balance out the mitigation buffs and the mastery buffs together?

I realize that audacity is supposed to do that. However, do you think that the mitigation would help or hinder pvp more?

Hell no, not more PvE for buffs.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

It would help the side that is already winning due to sheer force my numbers and able to hold majority of OPs vs a lesser opponent. That would be tremendously bad.

Every OP needs to give a doubling negative ren/inf to the controlling side and a positive buff to the opposite side starting at 10%. So at 0:4 ops 0 side gets +80% and the other controlling side is at -80% making it a very undesirable state to be in. At 2:2 there is no ren/inf loss as the negative on each side is counter by the positive from the other side i.e both are at -40% but giving the other side +40%. It also makes for some interesting strategic choices like giving up OPs if you're confident or have a big advantage in numbers to help other side catch up while giving you more points for making it fair and vice versa.

Really they should scratch all buffs to the OP's. Return them to the old delving lock system that who ever controlled a certain number of OP's could enter the delving while the opposing side could not unless they took back a certain number of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Isylum View Post
    Really they should scratch all buffs to the OP's. Return them to the old delving lock system that who ever controlled a certain number of OP's could enter the delving while the opposing side could not unless they took back a certain number of them.
    Well I like the idea of OPs but hate the implementation. The original idea was for OPs to offer a mechanism to counter a snowballing force, it ended up supplementing it. I don't think its that hard to make it work if the really cared at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    Every OP needs to give a doubling negative ren/inf to the controlling side and a positive buff to the opposite side starting at 10%. So at 0:4 ops 0 side gets +80% and the other controlling side is at -80% making it a very undesirable state to be in. At 2:2 there is no ren/inf loss as the negative on each side is counter by the positive from the other side i.e both are at -40% but giving the other side +40%. It also makes for some interesting strategic choices like giving up OPs if you're confident or have a big advantage in numbers to help other side catch up while giving you more points for making it fair and vice versa.
    Uuuh the point of taking 4 ops is if the fraid has stacked healers and the creeps need the dps (ahem, you should know all about that). You'll notice most craid leaders leave the OP's at 2:2 unless they cannot win without others (seeing as some fraid leaders won't push NPC's).

Best thing that could happen would be the OP buffs being removed.

Worst thing would probably be this idea. It'll just lead to more PvE then PvP.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Uuuh the point of taking 4 ops is if the fraid has stacked healers and the creeps need the dps (ahem, you should know all about that). You'll notice most craid leaders leave the OP's at 2:2 unless they cannot win without others (seeing as some fraid leaders won't push NPC's).
    And yet the OPs end up being skewed towards one side more than half the time or worse start flipping mid fights. Why? Because raid leaders can't control gts/pve players. There needs to be a clear penalty for everyone on the map directly proportional to the benefits everyone gets from controlling OPs. In my humble opinion ren/inf penalty makes the most sense since its a race to r15 for majority of the players now.

I lol every time creeps complain about freep heal stacking when we have to get a kill every 5 seconds to keep up with creep rezzing and map ins. 4 OPs is detrimental to the handicapped side regardless of what and how much you stack.

Holy moley, no.

it wont balance anything out unless the opposing side gets the buff, but then it would just be easier to reduce the mastery buff in the first place!
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode