We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Newly Formed: Swords and Sorcery is Recruiting

Swords and Sorcery

Newly Founded:

Swords and Sorcery Kinship is looking for mature, community minded players who are interested being part of a close-knit, cooperative group. S&S was founded by two veteran MMO Guild Leaders with years of experience in DDO, Rift, WOW, etc. Both of the co founders are retired military and law enforcement. Maturity is a must and there is a very low BS tolerance level. Our goal is in quality over quantity. We are not looking to mass recruit. We are looking for potential long term members who want to move up through the ranks of the LOTRO Kinship and fill much needed positions. More so than not, we are looking for likeminded individuals that have a higher standard for themselves and get the most out of a game in helping others that may be new, having trouble getting started, or that are just looking for a few good friends. New players are welcome. The only requirements of your joining is to be age 15+, no panhandling our members, and no drama. Current members are aged 28+.

About the Founders:

The founder, myself, is age 28, disabled - ex-law enforcement and the co-founder is a retired Marine. Both are VIP members and have purchased the expansion. I myself am new to LOTRO and have a current level 32, 18, 7 and 6. My MMO experiences include playing DDO upon release from day one as a co-founder of a guild; Rift, as an officer of Reckless Defiant one of the top PvP guilds; about a year of WOW (too many children and easy content for my taste); GW, GW2, etc. Unfortunately, given my employment status, I have 24/7 to play video games to occupy my time, which I have no qualms about using to enhance and help someone else gain the most that they can from a video game that I enjoy immensely and I hope for the opportunity to share the experiences I've obtained from years of playing games with a close knit group of friends that help and do everything they can for each other in game and in real life. In addition, I hope to meet some individuals that can teach me some things about the game that I do not know or may need help in.

The co-founder has played LOTRO previously and has multiple toons across different servers. He has led a very successful WOW guild for years before turning it over to new leadership to move on to other games. He was the Leader of the DayZ clan and too many others to mention here.

In addition to LOTRO, we play several deferent games from piddling Mine Craft to playing Competitive FPS in tournaments. We lead one of the top 20 DayZ / Arma 2 clans and servers in the world (before disbanding due to lack of hacker protection), which was based solely upon our principals that were gained through years of military and law enforcement experience and around our personal morals and drive to help others achieve excellence. Both founders are avid computer builders and coders with very high end machines and expectations from our equipment and games that we chose to play seriously.

Joining:

If you are interested in joining or want more info, you can get with me on here or PM me in game. TS3 is available to our members as well as a website (given that we gain enough members to validify the expense). To alleviate any confusion about the Kinship; We just hit level 3 yesterday (literally just formed a few days ago). VIP is NOT required. TS3 is NOT required unless you are planning on raiding, and then, you are only asked to be in TS3 mic or not. Attendance is NOT mandatory, as real life always takes precedence. Our Number 1 rule, is no BS or drama what so ever. At the time of this post, we have 3 members, the rest are alts. We are not a large group, nor do we intend to be or to mass recruit. (which I'm not against looking for an outstanding member to become a Recruitment Officer, some people enjoy that role. I'd rather be playing video games.)

I hope to hear from some of you and hope you all enjoy the new expansion.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Psyth88; Sep 14 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyth88 View Post
    Swords and Sorcery

Newly Founded:

Swords and Sorcery Kinship is looking for mature, community minded players who are interested being part of a close-knit, cooperative group. S&S was founded by two veteran MMO Guild Leaders with years of experience in DDO, Rift, WOW, etc. Both of the co founders are retired military and law enforcement. Maturity is a must and there is a very low BS tolerance level. Our goal is in quality over quantity. We are not looking to mass recruit. We are looking for potential long term members who want to move up through the ranks of the LOTRO Kinship and fill much needed positions. More so than not, we are looking for likeminded individuals that have a higher standard for themselves and get the most out of a game in helping others that may be new, having trouble getting started, or that are just looking for a few good friends. New players are welcome. The only requirements of your joining is to be age 15+, no panhandling our members, and no drama. Current members are aged 28+.

About the Founders:

The founder, myself, is age 28, disabled - ex-law enforcement and the co-founder is a retired Marine. Both are VIP members and have purchased the expansion. I myself am new to LOTRO and have a current level 32, 18, 7 and 6. My MMO experiences include playing DDO upon release from day one as a co-founder of a guild; Rift, as an officer of Reckless Defiant one of the top PvP guilds; about a year of WOW (too many children and easy content for my taste); GW, GW2, etc. Unfortunately, given my employment status, I have 24/7 to play video games to occupy my time, which I have no qualms about using to enhance and help someone else gain the most that they can from a video game that I enjoy immensely and I hope for the opportunity to share the experiences I've obtained from years of playing games with a close knit group of friends that help and do everything they can for each other in game and in real life. In addition, I hope to meet some individuals that can teach me some things about the game that I do not know or may need help in.

The co-founder has played LOTRO for years and has multiple toons across different servers. He has led a very successful WOW guild for years before turning it over to new leadership to move on to other games. He was the Leader of the DayZ clan and too many others to mention here.

In addition to LOTRO, we play several deferent games from piddling Mine Craft to playing Competitive FPS in tournaments. We lead one of the top 20 DayZ / Arma 2 clans and servers in the world (before disbanding due to lack of hacker protection), which was based solely upon our principals that were gained through years of military and law enforcement experience and around our personal morals and drive to help others achieve excellence. Both founders are avid computer builders and coders with very high end machines and expectations from our equipment and games that we chose to play seriously.

Joining:

If you are interested in joining or want more info, you can get with me on here or PM me in game. TS3 is available to our members as well as a website (given that we gain enough members to validify the expense). To alleviate any confusion about the Kinship; We just hit level 3 yesterday (literally just formed a few days ago). VIP is not required. TS3 is not required unless you are planning on raiding, and then, you are only asked to be in TS3 mic or not. Attendance is not mandatory, as real life always takes precedence. Our Number 1 rule, is no BS or drama what so ever. At the time of this post, we have 3 members, the rest are alts. We are not a large group, nor do we intend to be or to mass recruit. (which I'm not against looking for an outstanding member to become a Recruitment Officer, some people enjoy that role. I'd rather be playing video games.)

I hope to hear from some of you and hope you all enjoy the new expansion.
    Thanks for reading.
    Good luck finding members hopefully you'll find them with all your requirement.

P.S. I'm not one who could ever fill your requirements I'm trouble. Lolololol

Good luck
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

I didn't think there were too many requirements. Just be a decent individual with morals and 15+.

I didn't think there were too many requirements. Just be a decent individual with morals and 15+.
    I didn't say to many I said all and there's nothing wrong with your request.

The problems is there's a lot of great people who play that don't always fill your request because they're outspoken,younger or from time to time fun trollers that mean no harm.

I'm sure you'll find people sooner or latter with patiencr

I got ya. Misunderstood. I appreciate it. Some trolling is fun. I mean I've had my times playing with peoples ignorance and using alt F4 for a boost key or whatever. I'm mainly referring to starting stuff with other members or taking it too far, like a tank making a mass pull and jumping the raid. But yeah, it's picking up. Have 3 new members so far from the time of the original post. We'll see how things go and who sticks. LOTRO seems to lend itself to more mature players in general so I'm looking forward to the turnover rate being relatively low compared to other mmo's out there.

I got ya. Misunderstood. I appreciate it. Some trolling is fun. I mean I've had my times playing with peoples ignorance and using alt F4 for a boost key or whatever. I'm mainly referring to starting stuff with other members or taking it too far, like a tank making a mass pull and jumping the raid. But yeah, it's picking up. Have 3 new members so far from the time of the original post. We'll see how things go and who sticks. LOTRO seems to lend itself to more mature players in general so I'm looking forward to the turnover rate being relatively low compared to other mmo's out there.
    Yeah you're thinking straight and you got the point and nothing wrong with little stuff like alt f4 lol but the other stuff I hear ya and should stick to your guns because a cancer in the kin isn't a good thing to have.

People don't have to like each other in the Kin but respect and getting alone is a must to be successful.

I believe we are going to start looking for someone who is qualified to be a Recruitment Officer. While I don't believe in promoting from the outside in, it is feasible to recruit members with the intention of them filling this role. And should, they decline the position, no harm done as we still gained a valuable member whom is capable of filling that role be it or not. Unlike other officer positions, this one will be assessed on a pay scale (in-game currency) for extra work put in outside of playing the game. I feel that asking someone to spend hard time in a recruitment effort rather than work on their toon is a little unfair, but some are more suited to it than other and some enjoy the work. So, without further adieu...

The Kinship of Swords and Sorcery is now seeking to fill a position within the Council Ranks of Recruitment Officer.

This position requires that the member use TeamSpeak 3 and log in on a daily basis. (Minus extenuating circumstance involving real life.) A minimum quota will also be required to be met on a weekly basis. In addition, the Recruitment officer will fill a one week trial period in which skills will be assessed. If the Officer is asked to remain in position pay will start at 100 Silver per new recruit and an additional 100 Silver should that recruit stay within the ranks a minimum of 7 days. Should the Recruitment Officer bring in someone that is selected by the Founder or Co-Founder to fill an officer position, he will be awarded 1 gold.

Hi Psyth88,

I'm interested in joining your kinship. Feel free to PM me if you need any info.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebloom View Post
    Hi Psyth88,

I'm interested in joining your kinship. Feel free to PM me if you need any info.

Thanks.
    Will do. Glad to have you.