We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Symbols of Celebrimbor

Does anyone have any advice on farming Tarnished Symbols of Celebrimbor? Seems the people on my server think their worth a kings ransom in the auction house so it looks like I'm relegated to getting them myself. Would like to craft some higher level items. Maybe I should just wait until Helms Deep when they won't be so valuable. I hate being extorted in the AH. Thanks!

Running instances that grant skirmish marks and medallions are the easiest way to get them because you can barter for them in skirmish camps. Seek out a legendary items vendor in any camp and you will see what they cost.

What server are you on, Gravitystorm.

I play on Evernight and have already gifted three or four Second Agers to random people just because.

If you're on that server I'd be happy to throw one your way.

Disclaimer: This offer is to Gravitystorm only so don't come posting in this topic expecting me to make Second Agers for everyone, I'm not made of them.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    What server are you on, Gravitystorm.

I play on Evernight and have already gifted three or four Second Agers to random people just because.

If you're on that server I'd be happy to throw one your way.

Disclaimer: This offer is to Gravitystorm only so don't come posting in this topic expecting me to make Second Agers for everyone, I'm not made of them.
    Very generous of you WBS, indeed. Thanks. But I'm on another server. But kind of you none the less.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    If you have enough marks and medallions you can just get one from the skirmish camp Legendary Items vendor. I think it costs about 3,552 marks + 404 medallions, or alternatively 2,664 marks and 942 medallions. Other than that they might drop from raids (the level-usability varies depending on the level) and 12-man skirmishes. For Dúrchest and the Twins of Fire and Shadow it can only be gotten if you do the challenge. The Silver Box of Sutcrofts Spoils can also grant you one.

Also, I do recommend that you keep an eye on the AH. I don't know what you consider a king's ransom, but I've seen them posted on my server (Arkenstone) for as little as 10g. But you have to act fast when you see them--it's the 20-30g symbols that hang around for days unbought, and the cheaper ones get snapped up quickly.

Prices are from memory, so apologies if they're off what you're seeing on your server. The general point stands--check the AH often because high-demand items like that sometimes show up much cheaper than you might expect!

The auction house prices on commonly available items are usually the prices they DONT sell at. Meaning, those are the leftovers that noone wants to buy.

If you have a certain threshold for payment, just use the chat channels. "WTB tarnished CeleBimBam, XX g" or whatever. Personally, I never paid more than 60g for a symbol, and that was when the last expac was fairly new and symbols "went" for 150-250g on the AH. Many of the "old and tired" veterans have symbols stashed away somewhere or seals to blow before the update, and might be willing to jump on this impulse sell.

Bonus is all the tells from idiots trying to tell you you have no idea of the game economy, yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    The auction house prices on commonly available items are usually the prices they DONT sell at. Meaning, those are the leftovers that noone wants to buy.

If you have a certain threshold for payment, just use the chat channels. "WTB tarnished CeleBimBam, XX g" or whatever. Personally, I never paid more than 60g for a symbol, and that was when the last expac was fairly new and symbols "went" for 150-250g on the AH. Many of the "old and tired" veterans have symbols stashed away somewhere or seals to blow before the update, and might be willing to jump on this impulse sell.

Bonus is all the tells from idiots trying to tell you you have no idea of the game economy, yadda yadda.
    True.

I can't tell you how much I miss the market system in the late and greatly lamented (at least by me) City of Heroes/Villains. Not only was the market game-wide rather than server-wide, but you could actually place a bid at your own price threshold that could fill if the item was posted at that price or below. You could also place bid for items that had no current postings, which gave players an incentive to put their items up for bid.

I love lotro, but IMO CoH's market system was light-years better.