We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New player VIP subscription.

I've played a handful of MMO's, but never have I actually been immersed in an MMO world. I think it's because I don't want to learn a bunch of new lore. But, I'm a huge game player with a lot of knowledge of Middle-Earth.

I won't be able to start my VIP status until next week. (My wife tells me it isn't in the budget for this week.) If I continue to play my current F2P character, will I miss out on anything important between now and the time I upgrade? I'm not very far into the game, so I'm sure I'm not missing out on much content, but I'm going to play a lot this weekend. I just want to know if I should expect to start a new character for when I go VIP or not.

Any answers would be super helpful.

actually you will not miss out on anything between now and when you go to VIP Status.

However, on the plus side if you let your sub lapse you will keep a good portion of the things you had from when you were a subscriber. I know that any characters you start during that time in the extra slots you are given will be locked out, but on your current characters any trait,virtue,and legendary trait slots that you unlocked will be unlocked, also all swift travels you had access to when you were a subscriber will be there for you as well.

Now as a bit of a suggestion on what to spend the Turbine points on:

First thing I suggest you do is save them up to unlock any of the zones you started questing in once your sub runs out. This will save you headaches later on when you want to go back and play other characters.
    Secondly, as you are playing, I would also recommend that if you have the turbine points now to unlock your currency cap, you won't have one as a VIP, but once you drop back to Premium status you will be limited.
    Third, if you were to want to play a Rune Keeper or a Warden, I would suggest starting there with purchasing them. Reason being, even though you are VIP, Turbine has deemed them to be beyond the scope of the VIP status. Even I had to use my Turbine points to buy them.

hope this isn't too much info
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000efb1e/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Stompfest View Post
    If I continue to play my current F2P character, will I miss out on anything important between now and the time I upgrade? I'm not very far into the game, so I'm sure I'm not missing out on much content, but I'm going to play a lot this weekend. I just want to know if I should expect to start a new character for when I go VIP or not.
    You won't miss anything. There are very few benefits to VIP before your character reaches level 30 or so. The only thing I'd recommend is to put up with running for a little longer because when you are over level 20 and VIP, you can do a quest to get the Riding skill instead of paying 95 TP for it.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Just like everyone else has said, with a low level character, delaying upgrading to VIP for a week or two should not matter,

After you've upgraded to VIP, the characters you already have should be good to go -- there will not be any downside to continue to play those characters that you originally created under your F2P account.

And, above all, welcome to LOTRO! Having played the game for 1000s of hours (literally) myself, I think you have an extremely fun and immersive journey ahead of you.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW