We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I level just doing epic or do I also need to do side quest?

Please let me know if I can just do epic or need other quests as well. What is the best way to level in this game? Thanks.

The epic alone won't do it -- you won't get enough experience from it by far, and before long, you won't be able to get the next chapter of the epic because you won't be high enough level.

The "best" way to level is the way that you enjoy, because enjoyment is what drives us. For most people, the best way is to do the quests in each region, including both the epic and everything else. Some people prefer doing skirmishes over and over, though, while others do a mix.

If you are a Free To Play player and aren't buying any content, around the high 20s or low 30s in level you will hit a wall where there's not much left to do that doesn't cost. At that point, you either need to try the "repeat skirmishes" approach, or buy content.

As Free player, You will run out of quests once last free content ( LoneLands) ends. Epic continues up to the East Rohan, but it alone wont give You enough experince to level. There are three ways to solve it.

First - go subscribe. It will open ALL questpacks, including LothLorien, Great river and Wildemore (but not expansions as Moria/Mirkwood/Isengard/EastRohan).

Second - You will earn some TP from doing deeds with your characters, and then you can buy some QuestPacks and even expansions, especially if you wait for a sale. From below Moria, its usualy Evendin QP, and then either Angmar or Forochel. After that, you need Moria. Later, its a toss oc coin, doing QP or expansions. Problem is, you will earn some TP, but not in a way enough to buy all you want, not resorting to TP grind. So it will have to be sometime You will have to resotrt to some TP purchase, or use LotroMarket.

Third - YOu sure can level in skirmishes, and there are several free, and later Moria/Mirkwood will add more. Between these and Epic, it is showed one can go to level cap this way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post
    As Free player, You will run out of quests once last free content ( LoneLands) ends. Epic continues up to the East Rohan, but it alone wont give You enough experince to level. There are three ways to solve it.

First - go subscribe. It will open ALL questpacks, including LothLorien, Great river and Wildemore (but not expansions as Moria/Mirkwood/Isengard/EastRohan).

Second - You will earn some TP from doing deeds with your characters, and then you can buy some QuestPacks and even expansions, especially if you wait for a sale. From below Moria, its usualy Evendin QP, and then either Angmar or Forochel. After that, you need Moria. Later, its a toss oc coin, doing QP or expansions. Problem is, you will earn some TP, but not in a way enough to buy all you want, not resorting to TP grind. So it will have to be sometime You will have to resotrt to some TP purchase, or use LotroMarket.

Third - YOu sure can level in skirmishes, and there are several free, and later Moria/Mirkwood will add more. Between these and Epic, it is showed one can go to level cap this way.
    Thanks for the reply. I am fully subbed and have all expansions save the last one that goes from level 75 and up. So leveling should not be a problem. How do I gain access to skirmishes and what level do I need to be to do skirmishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I am fully subbed and have all expansions save the last one that goes from level 75 and up. So leveling should not be a problem. How do I gain access to skirmishes and what level do I need to be to do skirmishes?
    At level 20 you should get a quest to talk to one of the Skirmish Captains. That will take you through a short skirmish tutorial after which the skirmish systems is open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Like ertr said, at level 20 you will receive a quest pointing you to skirmish tutorial. Some skirmishes will open straight at level 20, like Gondamon and Tuckborough, others will open later - Amon Sul at 25, Fords of Buinen at 35 and so - and some wil open when you do the Epic quest chain in Moria and Mirkwood.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!