We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Raid Question/Focus Fire

Hey, all! Wanted to get some opinions from more experienced players.

In raids, I take my hunter out for DPS and I target forward so that then the target assist person changes targets, I instantly (as long as no lag) change to what they are going to call out. However, I frequently also GET focused at the same time. If I have enough heals, I just pop cry of the hunter, move a bit and then continue pew pewing. Now the question is this, what if there aren't enough heals as sometimes there is? Do I continue to try and ignore the focus fire on myself, pop healing pots etc., or do I turn and try to defend myself? During raids, what is the best and most efficient thing to do?

thanks all!
    Earth - Credendo Vides

Gear swap!!!! If you're being focused change to more tanky gear.

If there is one melee class on you hit it with dazing blow on him/her, and move to a safe diatance while gear swapping. If more then one hit cry of the hunter so you can stun them run and gear swap.

As gear swapping goes, download the plugin 'Buildswapper' which can make it super easy to switch from dps gear to tanky gear. If you don't have any tank gear get some craftes vit gear, and make sure you get something that adds to your incoming healing (will make it easier for healers to heal you)

Have any question about that kind of stuff, ask me in game.

~Aldair

Oh, and if gear swapping doesn't tickle your fancy, use some vit gear before you go out and fight instead of changing mid battle.

The thing that kills you in raids is not melee it's range dps. Hunter bubble will let you get away from reavers easy while BA-s will still get you down. Not much you can do either. Only thing you could try is picking your spot start of fight so you have LOS options. Tho you most likely will LOS yourself from your healer aswell. Also recommend staying at max range (40m) from the target you are attacking. So you can move out of range quick when you are focused. I don't recommend getting started with gearswapping at all now. Also trying out a more tanky build in general is a good option when you get targeted a lot.

Just food for thought. You might find hunter forum way more useful for this kind of discussion tho.
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    Also recommend staying at max range (40m) from the target you.
    I would have to disagree. 40m is just begging to get smashed by someone like Lastcall, or a good warg. Then you're to far out of range to get healed. I would personally recommend shooting from like 25-30m. And even 30m is pushing it.

The rest of Argio's post is exactly right. Make that post your Bibile. Study it, learn it, LIVE IT!!

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    I would have to disagree. 40m is just begging to get smashed by someone like Lastcall, or a good warg. Then you're to far out of range to get healed. I would personally recommend shooting from like 25-30m. And even 30m is pushing it.
    Guess 40 is a bit to much. 30 will do it.
    And 40 meters from the craid (was my first thought), will put you about 10-20meters from rks (while minis should heal on the move). Tho you are right Phoenix- you might isolate yourself to much and a become wargdinner. Guess you have to be aware if there are wargs tagging the craid (any wargs in the raid) how many and how fast can they kill you.
    Not easy been a hunter thats for sure
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |