We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    366

    Snowbourn GTA non-legit fights

    Well take a look at:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...e-criteria-now

    Now think twice before someone ruin your game. I have nothing against spars there even thought i dislike this way of gaining easy points since we all know majority fight only when are certain 100% that they will win. Or later will QQ about CD's beeing used, for example just look on all the QQ from guardian (F) or some spiders who spar and constant QQ on both sides, i rather prefer zerg-gank them on warg. But would be seriously unfair if those LEGIT fighters got in trouble like people in thread above.

    Im mentioning it here, because i have noticed a lot of u do 10-15 spars with same person and somehow (dunno if it's only me) i realized u gained 90% win and that other oponnent is not actualy trying to use skills to defend himseful much, letting one side get 10-1 kills, then hour after he change to other class so are you and now u ''suddenly'' die 10-1. (Before u think futher, how many red ranked reaver,wargs attacks r10+ LM,Cappy,Wardens with 0,1% chance to win, dont tell me they are training. You certanly not train by doing warg rank3 audacity 4 vs 1st ager, top geared, rank12 battle promotioned Minstrel who use store pots,imunity, and u are training on him, hah)

    Think it today, might be to late tomorrow. I can't name people so i will not but i will be watching and i hope i wont see this again. Do it legit or dont do it.

  2. #2
    The irony, ouch it hurts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    855
    While this thread is a good reminder and has some good points.
    I wonder, say i spar freep X and i die to the freep, but hes left at say 1k morale. He has won the spar and stops moving. A warg comes to gang him with few hits and flees. The freep does not react to it. Is the warg, farming. Can he be reported?


    I roam the map, i find a freep that i know likes a 1v1, we fight and i leave wrath unused because i dont mind the challenge or the fact that i will die. Is it illegal?

    Wheres turbine going.......


    The original Valdez

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    855
    Oh and, if i gang gv hill for example and a freep, clearly underpowered against me, keeps coming and i keep killing him, regardless the fact that he cant win. Farming?


    The original Valdez

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Oh and, if i gang gv hill for example and a freep, clearly underpowered against me, keeps coming and i keep killing him, regardless the fact that he cant win. Farming?
    Farming by one definition, not farming by another.

    It seems turbine's definition of farming can cover a wide variety of player behaviour but we don't know what their process of catching players is, we also don't know any real details of the thread where the two players were banned as it was written from a friends point of view who may not have been told the whole story.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    While this thread is a good reminder and has some good points.
    I wonder, say i spar freep X and i die to the freep, but hes left at say 1k morale. He has won the spar and stops moving. A warg comes to gang him with few hits and flees. The freep does not react to it. Is the warg, farming. Can he be reported?


    I roam the map, i find a freep that i know likes a 1v1, we fight and i leave wrath unused because i dont mind the challenge or the fact that i will die. Is it illegal?

    Wheres turbine going.......
    I guess it depends how many times you do it, in row or like in 30min and also who is watching, and does that person u know that likes 1on1 is rank2 and you are rank12? It is wierd, and people should be careful because as in topic linked above you may notice, they started to investigate reports. It's good thing, but it's also very bad for paying customer who is afraid of playing because he might get punished for what used to be normal action.

    P.S It was not irony Zelol, but u will see it yourself, keep doing it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    321
    In my opinion, much like what Valdez (Nice guy to spar, very fair) this is a difficult one to judge or insinuate that you’re going to mediate or referee.

    I’ve not actually witnessed what your referring to Z, I’ve seen the usual people who’ll only jump at people who they know they’ll definitely win against but I don’t see them sparring over and over or sparring 10 times, then switching roles.

    I see people who commonly spar each other as its generally a close fight – BT & I for example or Muzz and I.

    If this does happen then it’s not when I’m at GTA which is often now as I can’t stand the lag in raids and constant hide and seek. How would you know the people who are sparring each other aren’t doing it for a reason, for example to improve skill rotation, build, ability or there just friends? (people do actually talk with one another, share builds and specs etc)

    If you take Valdez point, the usual Warg’s who hang around GTA will generally gank easy targets or harder ones at their lowest point in a spar, how does this make them any different if you gank over and over – which does happen – again no names or insinuating you are one of them.

    Until ######## actually announce what there criteria is, I don’t think anyone can take action and hide behind it being illegitimate sparring.

  8. #8
    Zrinko; I agree with most of what you say. There are a lot of both freeps and creeps that want to spar each other which is entirely unnecessary however I think that you miss something in that creeps can buy all of their skills from the lotro store.

    Yesterday (Not naming names) I sparred a Rank 6 reaver who used Wrath, AtO and Impale against me. Aside the 800-1200 morale through battlefield promotions, what is the difference between sparring a Rank 11 reaver with all those skills and sparring a rank 6 reaver with all those skills.

    Another question begged, again whilst I agree with most of what you say, what gives you the right to be judge jury and executioner?
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Laolos/2/9/3/7/85/Wiping+As+Intended/0/2/1/11/10/1/6/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post
    Well take a look at:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...e-criteria-now

    Now think twice before someone ruin your game. I have nothing against spars there even thought i dislike this way of gaining easy points since we all know majority fight only when are certain 100% that they will win. Or later will QQ about CD's beeing used, for example just look on all the QQ from guardian (F) or some spiders who spar and constant QQ on both sides, i rather prefer zerg-gank them on warg. But would be seriously unfair if those LEGIT fighters got in trouble like people in thread above.

    Im mentioning it here, because i have noticed a lot of u do 10-15 spars with same person and somehow (dunno if it's only me) i realized u gained 90% win and that other oponnent is not actualy trying to use skills to defend himseful much, letting one side get 10-1 kills, then hour after he change to other class so are you and now u ''suddenly'' die 10-1. (Before u think futher, how many red ranked reaver,wargs attacks r10+ LM,Cappy,Wardens with 0,1% chance to win, dont tell me they are training. You certanly not train by doing warg rank3 audacity 4 vs 1st ager, top geared, rank12 battle promotioned Minstrel who use store pots,imunity, and u are training on him, hah)

    Think it today, might be to late tomorrow. I can't name people so i will not but i will be watching and i hope i wont see this again. Do it legit or dont do it.
    It's just hilarious when you speak of doing something legit in this game.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008080]Chains of insanity [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff0f5]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Doom of GY Reborn [/COLOR]-[COLOR=#ff0000] FOTM[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#0000ff]WotGE[/COLOR] -[COLOR=#40e0d0] The [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff]Fancy Lads
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Retired from LOTRO[/COLOR]

    [/CENTER]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload