We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My personal point of view about 1v1

This is my PERSONAL opinion. I’ll wrote it just to explain my behavior at 1v1. Only for this; so you ALL will know the reason.

I see everydays freep gank creep and creep gank freep.
    I’m steadily get ganked. In your opinion I HAVE to gank my gankers. Nope. Why? I’m not a child and I want only play this game with a smile, I don’t want to get angry for a game. Simply for this.
    I’m steadily accused to not help freeps or creeps during ganking. I help only who I really know they aren’t gankers. That’s because there are some reasons why ppl gank. An example: "I ganked him because he ganked me before" etc etc.
    So I don’t really know the reason of that gank and I don’t wanna interfere.
    There isn’t a 1v1 area proclaimed by Turbine (unfortunately), so everyone can do everythings. But I still respect this area as an area for 1v1.
    Sorry for that post but I respect all, I hope you can understand me

Myriil
    [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1395269_10202644272774917_1909333154_n.jpg[/img]
    [b][color=violet] Myriil [/b]R11 RK - Officer of Figli di Eorl [/color]
    [b][color=purple]Argesya R8 Defiler [/color][/b]

Some people do it because they got ganked and want revenge, some people do it for a laugh, some people do it for easy points, some people do it because there's someone there they don't like, they try to gank them, then get killed, and thus have a certain hate to the peoples participating in the area, and then there's the people who just dislike 1v1 or see it as clubbing, and wish to start their own little vendetta against the peoples taking part in hopes to break it up, much like me trying to make my bloody parrot give me a moments peace when he won't stop screaming. But unfortunately ganking him at 1v1 just doesn't cut it.

but yeah that's my view on it

Well in my personal opinion the 1vs1 area can both be productive and countra-productive depending on how the general pvp is doing. I got absolutely no problems with it during the "normal" hours, I myself take a big part of the 1vs1.

But when you play at 2-3 in the morning and the only ppl online are those standing at 1vs1... In these situation I've "ganked" in order to create something, and most of times something happens. Usually it instead ends up with a group vs group fighting until people decide to go to bed.
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

Ganking is funny because this can happen:

### Chat Capture: IMs_*** 06/22 03:39 PM ###
    [15:31] ***: why y gank me with huggi
    [15:31] ***: tell me a reason why y gank me ?
    [15:31] ***: because huggi is noob ?
    [15:32] ***: because you are noob gankers and don t want to lose ?
    [15:32] ***: because you little childrens
    [15:32] Zlaughter: How old are you? 12?
    [15:32] ***: how old are y ?
    [15:32] ***: i m 23
    [15:32] Zlaughter: 3
    [15:32] ***: why y act like 10
    [15:32] ***: how old are y ?
    [15:33] ***: tell me how old are y ?
    [15:33] Zlaughter: 3 years old.
    [15:34] ***s: better run little punk ..... noob ganker
    [15:34] Zlaughter: Yes, you are indeed right. I better run!
    [15:35] ***: if i had y here little bitz i could punch you till bleed
    [15:35] ***: noob child
    [15:36] Zlaughter: I'm sorry but I can't take you serious, this is too funny haha
    [15:36] ***: ye its funny
    Anyway, like Myriil said there is no official 1v1 zone. So getting pissed because you get ganked is quite silly really.
    High Chieftain Zlaughter
    Commander Tarturin
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Saruman | Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Some people do it because they got ganked and want revenge, some people do it for a laugh, some people do it for easy points, some people do it because there's someone there they don't like
    And some men...just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladrir View Post
    And some men...just want to watch the world burn.
    They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with

You're right Myrill, but 1v1 should be banished "You're there 24/7" Yes I am, because when I go out alone, I get zerged every 5m.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

1 vs 1 = clubbing but on a group scale. There is no 1vs1 area officially.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    1 vs 1 = clubbing but on a group scale. There is no 1vs1 area officially.
    You are naive.

Tell me how 1vs1 is "clubbing", but leech healing a group or being in a 24 man group 24/7 is a legitimate way to rank?

I saw a Rank 7 Captain yesterday, bare in mind how little renown is required for Rank 7, with the Veteran title. First of all, it's messed up that he has 3,011+ kills at that rank, probably has under 100k total and second of all the game allows him to have it. I doubt there's more than 5 captains on the server with over 3,011 kbs on their war-tab, let alone legit titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I saw a Rank 7 Captain yesterday, bare in mind how little renown is required for Rank 7
    Im sorry but I think that’s extremely undermining. R7 is an achievement for a lot of people mate.

On topic.

FGS this 1v1 topic has been around on the forums for about 4 years. The people who want to 1v1, let them. Just because some people disagree with 1v1, they need to learn to respect others. I find it astounding that still people (both freeps and creeps) gank through 1v1 for no apparent reason, just because their side has the upper hand in numbers the decree that its time for a 1v1 wipe. The most frustrating part of it is when the following day you see the gankers there legitimately wanting to 1v1. Not mentioning any names, Evelpower

In short, Let people who want to 1v1, do so. If not, leave them to it. No one has the right to ruin another’s gameplay for their own amusement.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Laolos/2/9/3/7/85/Wiping+As+Intended/0/2/1/11/10/1/6/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lao10 View Post
    The most frustrating part of it is when the following day you see the gankers there legitimately wanting to 1v1.
    And legitimately being given one by the QQers, same for clubbers (that is when they are not congratulated for ranking up).
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

No one has the right to ruin another’s gameplay for their own amusement.

No right?

whats going on here, 1v1 police?

I preffer ganking 1v1 rather than getting ganked, i have fun and i really don't care about the others. They can gank me back

-Metalcreep

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterA7X View Post
    No right?
    i have fun and i really don't care about the others. They can gank me back

-Metalcreep
    Sorry but how is that showing any amount of respect for your fellow players?

[B]Ill just play how I want to no regard for anyone else[B]

That’s basically what you just said.

Charming behaviour from the community of people contributing to the ruinance and death of pvp. Great job
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Laolos/2/9/3/7/85/Wiping+As+Intended/0/2/1/11/10/1/6/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

Sorry but how is that showing any amount of respect for your fellow players?

[B]Ill just play how I want to no regard for anyone else[B]

That’s basically what you just said.

Charming behaviour from the community of people contributing to the ruinance and death of pvp. Great job
    I think its worth remembering that the 1vs1 area exists because a group of players imposed their wishes on the community irrespective of the impact of a carebear area plonked in the middle of a "battlefield". What is trying to be defended now is a cess pit of gankers, spys, "safe area" huggers, clubbers etc and a few people who genuinely want to 1vs1. A significant proportion of the people using this area are not better or worse than the gankers you complain about, they are the gankers. I think the existance of the "safe area" has been so devalued by the majority of its users that it is being respected less and less by the community as a whole. I wish the true 1 vs 1ers well and would not interrupt their activities, unfortunately there are only a few of you and your activities are casting an disproportionate shadow across the maps and the forums.
    Phineous Rank 12 (Drunken) Hunter "Death to All Fanatics"
    And a Champ and a Guard and a BA and a Warg and a Reaver and er.... thats it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000006e300/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by FingersUK View Post
    I think its worth remembering that the 1vs1 area exists because a group of players imposed their wishes on the community irrespective of the impact of a carebear area plonked in the middle of a "battlefield". What is trying to be defended now is a cess pit of gankers, spys, "safe area" huggers, clubbers etc and a few people who genuinely want to 1vs1. A significant proportion of the people using this area are not better or worse than the gankers you complain about, they are the gankers. I think the existance of the "safe area" has been so devalued by the majority of its users that it is being respected less and less by the community as a whole. I wish the true 1 vs 1ers well and would not interrupt their activities, unfortunately there are only a few of you and your activities are casting an disproportionate shadow across the maps and the forums.
    I know Phin but i think the situation will only get progressively worse. With new gankers popping up all the time. Take this Metalcreep character as a perfect example. THe question is begged, errr who are you? Just some random nobody that decides he will become a ganker.

Bizarre fact that he posts on the forums how he wants to play like such a Jack...... yet he joined a kinship trying to get off the ground. ZT is recruiting in Glff every night. I know a couple of people there and Im sure they wouldnt agree with you behaving in this way
    Last edited by Lao10; Jun 25 2013 at 06:04 AM.

please check 0;50, 6;16, 8;34, 8;50 for anti gank mode in work

2;49, 4;00, 4;58

Think yourself lucky that the competency of gankers on snowy are no more brilliant at their favorite hobby than me painting unicorns (for clarification purposes I SUCK at drawing unicorns sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You're right Myrill, but 1v1 should be banished "You're there 24/7" Yes I am, because when I go out alone, I get zerged every 5m.
    So does everyone that roams, yet some keep doing it.

For me, Good TA has ''died'' long ago, since everyone who is regularly using the place as a 1v1 zone is usually taking advantage of OPs, using cds and sneaky pots. Last year, it was filled with respectable people that wanted a fair fight, but all is now more than gone. It has become a rank farming place, the ones with best gear, the strongest classes and the most pots will rank fastest.

That said, I did use good Ta a lot back in the day, and I respect people actually trying to improve their skills, these days I will pass it just to check on people there, or when I am requested to go there.

::: ::: ~ Arrostorm
    ::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- ::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ---- Snowbourn[EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    You are naive.

Tell me how 1vs1 is "clubbing", but leech healing a group or being in a 24 man group 24/7 is a legitimate way to rank?

I saw a Rank 7 Captain yesterday, bare in mind how little renown is required for Rank 7, with the Veteran title. First of all, it's messed up that he has 3,011+ kills at that rank, probably has under 100k total and second of all the game allows him to have it. I doubt there's more than 5 captains on the server with over 3,011 kbs on their war-tab, let alone legit titles.
    Unfortunatly turbine gave the oppertunity to raid in the moors, so its WAI as is leech healing, do i like that fact, NO hence why i rarely play now a days.

1 vs 1 however is a place where groups gank each other from both sides, they often make a nice amount of renown/Infamy, because pretty much everyone joins in, on the other hand is full of players, mainly freeps, who pick and choose there fights with easy, low ranks for the easy kill, they do this over and over. I am not saying everyone does it, and yes you will get some nice fights at GTA but few and far between these days, the majority enter GV and the OOC Looking for raid. I have sat at GTA plenty over the years, more so from ROI onwards have i seen numerous R1 reavers time after time fight the same person or a friend.

As for the captain you saw, blame turbine, speak with your pockets if your so annoyed at the game in that respect, PVP died along time ago and its just getting worse.

1v1 is a place where traited and gear freeps can kill, and high ranks with skills etc

these days that 1v1 area is on a crisis and the place is open world pvp again is how its supposed to be

but now some people don't even go away from gv on solo, 1v1 was their safe place

freeps mostly move in zergs (creeps also but freeps are too scared ? ) exept burgs that can hide

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    So does everyone that roams, yet some keep doing it.
    I tried, till my KD sank to about 2.0. It's rather sad. I repeat: PvP is not worth it. A PvP world where zerging is the fastest way to rank, except from clubbing. Come on...
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Not a surprise. That's a hell of a lot of Veterans back in 2012 on one picture.
    Etheldar - r14 Hunter, Bloodtail - r15 Stalker, Etheal - r10 Defiler, Hailnkill - r8 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterA7X View Post
    1v1 is a place where traited and gear freeps can kill, and high ranks with skills etc

these days that 1v1 area is on a crisis and the place is open world pvp again is how its supposed to be

but now some people don't even go away from gv on solo, 1v1 was their safe place

freeps mostly move in zergs (creeps also but freeps are too scared ? ) exept burgs that can hide
    I can hear the splash of your big creep tears from here...

First of all, I'd like some people to look up the meaning of the word "ganking". It is usually described as one or a few players being overwhelmed by a much larger group. It is not tied to a specific location. So before you complain about our enfant terrible, you might want to take a look at your own actions. I suggest you start with Trampin's picture. Everyone ganks.

Being 'ganked' /'zerged' is the standard scenario for most of my fights and I don't complain about it (well not too often anyway). For me it's part of the challenge and I'll take a break when I'm not having fun anymore. Or I throw something at the nearest wall and get over it. But I won't jump into every 1v1 on the map that looks somewhat fair, or join every massive stampede after some poor single freep/creep.

For the record, I have nothing against those who prefer to be grouped. I only feel dislike towards those who use GTA as a parking space until they can hide in 24-man raids to go forth and zerg everything in sight. The type that sports epic titles like "warg-butcher" but runs back to the nearest NPCs when you catch them solo on the map, spam-healing all the way. Stop hugging GTA, it’s no sacred ground. Go roam, lose some, win some, who cares. Fight until you die. It’s not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinwulf View Post
    I can hear the splash of your big creep tears from here...
    You are too pro, teach me how to build up an argument please.
    Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Saell View Post
    Go roam, lose some, win some, who cares.
    Made my day That's not quite what our Snowbourn freeps want, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Saell View Post
    Fight until you die. It’s not that difficult.
    Oh you bet losing is difficult for a lot of freeps...
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Made my day That's not quite what our Snowbourn freeps want, do you think?

Oh you bet losing is difficult for a lot of freeps...
    and it's different for creeps? :P

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast