We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsix66 View Post
    Oh. For just a minute there, I thought the title of this thread was referring to the devs, and was a call to arms. I'm glad I stopped in to check. Whew! Carry on.
    + 100

Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Now with all due respect I'll just leave this section of the forums altogether so I won't read replies. The people here and me don't really go well together. Ciao
    Thank you. Buh-bye. Drive safe now. Y'all come back when ya can't stay so long.
    (Oh dear, did I just violate the community guidelines? again?)
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Soarel View Post
    There are various monsters in LOTRO that make the loremaster in me scream. The Nameless in Moria are one example. They look like aliens--and not just any aliens, but the aliens sometimes called Xenomorphs from the Alien series of movies. Tolkien wrote of nameless things, yes, but not aliens! The ones like World-eater in the Rift of Nurz Ghashu and the Void-eater from Dark Delvings also qualify.

And then don't get me started on the Gaunt-men and their lords. If these gaunt lords were so powerful and strange, then why were they never recorded in elvish history? Surely if they had a basis in lore, they'd be fine, but no work of Tolkien's contains any of these things.

Same with those Caerogs...what are they anyway? Earth-elemental Balrogs? Escapees from my D&D game?

And let's not forget Gwathnor, that interdimensional monstrosity you fight in the instance "New Devilry". Just look at him! He's practically a World of Warcraft refugee! He does NOT belong in a Tolkien based game! Even bloggers have hated on this monstrosity!

(http://lotrofollower.blogspot.com/2009/03/gwathnor.html)

Finally, more natural creatures also offend. The Gertheryg are supposed to be sun-resistant, intelligent trolls from the First Age. Where do they come from, and more importantly, why the hell do they even exist?

Same goes for Fire-orcs, Fire-giants, and various other lava-skinned perversions. Those guys are just plain bizarre.

Of course, we have things like the Fell Spirts, Ancient Evils, and various other corrupted things (such as Cuthraul and Druggavar). Those have a basis in lore, as the spawn of Morgoth after being cast into the Void.

But what are these other disgusting things doing in my Arda? How the hell are these Tolkien monsters at all? I get that you need variety and we can't have you fighting orcs and trolls every day, but I can't believe that nobody has brought up the brutal murder of lore these things commit!
    I think the bigger problem of lore-breaking isn't with the creatures themselves, but how we interact with them. I am referring to, of course *semi-spoiler, not really* the fact that we get to kill Saruman in a raid, when he specifically isn't killed until the Battle of Bywater AFTER all the events of the Lord of the Rings during the Scouring of the Shire, as Sharkey. WTH.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000248867/01003/signature.png]Thrungol[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by vengeanceofarnor18 View Post
    I think the bigger problem of lore-breaking isn't with the creatures themselves, but how we interact with them... the fact that we get to kill Saruman in a raid...
    Is not possible to kill Saruman at Orthanc tower Raid. The players fight him on a battle of resistances & will. You can defeat him but not kill him.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Is not possible to kill Saruman at Orthanc tower Raid. The players fight him on a battle of resistances & will. You can defeat him but not kill him.
    Exactly. And at the end of the fight *SPOILER* Saruman stays in Orthanc and Eagles fly you away.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Exactly. And at the end of the fight *SPOILER* Saruman stays in Orthanc and Eagles fly you away.
    That is the second time on the game that the eagles carry you. You will not mount eagles at your will, only when is one of those special moments of life & dead situations & they feel like lending you a hand (or should i say a wing?). I will be weary that they have eaten well before giving you a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I will be weary that they have eaten well before giving you a ride.

Especially if you are a morsel sized Hobbit that's plump!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Especially if you are a morsel sized Hobbit that's plump!
    Im prety sure that they will see me food face regardless if they are hungry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2