We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Quest log slots +10" only applies to Freeps?

Pretty much as the title says.

Logged on to my creep half expecting, and half hoping, to see 10 more quest slots, but alas I am still at 40.

So I guess the +10 slots only applies to Freeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Pretty much as the title says.

Logged on to my creep half expecting, and half hoping, to see 10 more quest slots, but alas I am still at 40.

So I guess the +10 slots only applies to Freeps?
    Correct =/

Turbine: This would be GOOD thing to change with 11.4, as it'd give Creep players a reason to buy the expansion.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Correct =/

Turbine: This would be GOOD thing to change with 11.4, as it'd give Creep players a reason to buy the expansion.
    Yes, averaging only $6 per additional quest that can be tracked on the log. Not really much of a reason I'm afraid.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

If you're pveing enough on your creep that you fill up all your quest slots and need more.....you're doing creepside wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    If you're pveing enough on your creep that you fill up all your quest slots and need more.....you're doing creepside wrong.
    I see what You want to say, but have You considered, that it's more of NOT doing these PvE quests on Creep, thats filling up OP's questlog
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Another reason not to waste my money on the premium edition pre order. +10 quest slots would actually be useful on creep as I am constantly on or close to max quests. No surprises then - usual neglect of creep players from Turbine.
    [IMG]http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/543/ilhp.png[/IMG][COLOR=#ff0000]
    Slimebag[/COLOR] Defiler R10,[COLOR=#ff0000] Bodolf[/COLOR] Warg R9, [COLOR=#ff0000]Slimeball [/COLOR]Weaver R9. Black Guard and[COLOR=#0099cc] Zoggo[/COLOR] FoG

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Correct =/

Not this 'would' or 'should' be a good thing, Turbine 'need' to come good on the offer stated on the purchase screen. My monster player characters have quest slots so they need to be granted this as well. That is the offer that was included in the bundle so as it stands the information provided is incomplete therefore it is misleading.

No amount word play or tricky wording or 'but we really mean this' is acceptable, if you really mean it is only for non-monster player characters then you need to state it as such.

So just in case it was an error or bug I placed a ticket to support and the response was quote:
    "I apologize, but the 10 additional Quest Slots are not available for Monster Play monsters and they will not be receiving the additional Quest Slots."
    If this is the case then you need to change the bundle information to say exactly this.

I kind of expected that response, but no harm in trying to receive what was offered.

Turbine the right thing to do:
    Please grant the +10 quest log slots to monster player characters as well or make an announcement that it will come in a future update.

Regards,

Kelleran
    Last edited by Kelleran; Oct 06 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    If you don't take all the quests and turn them in during off time you're the one doing creepside wrong. Enjoy missing out on an easy 1k+ infamy a day.

The 10 more quests on my creep so I could just accept all of them available blindly and not have any quest rings above heads would have been one of the only things I'd want from HD. I guess I'll just wait for the half off sale to buy it like I did with RoR.

This is just one more fu to creeps along with 5 comms for bounder tokens instead of +100% renown/infamy scrolls. Turbine your neglectfulness knows no bounds.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

So due to technical limitations the +10 quest slots cannot(?) be added to creeps. Software developers can overcome these limitations, of course, anything is possible, but I guess you're talking priorities and what do Turbine cut to add that? I suppose with infinite time and infinite resources Turbine could do anything. (hmm sounds familiar) But in the real world companies should not be advertising something with out putting a disclaimer of conditions.

Put simply advertising +10 quests slots without putting an exception it does not apply to creeps is just wrong. There is a certain level of expectation that creeps would receive the +10 quest slots, just as creeps in a previous promotion also received the 6th inventory bag.

My dealings with Turbine customer support has always been great and they've always been very helpful in resolving any issues I have. Perhaps other departments at Turbine can learn something from them. Please add the disclaimer/conditions in the Helms Deep purchase page so the offer of +10 quest slots is not misleading.

It appears with creeps you can complete deeds to raise quest slots from 40 to 50. But since the amount of creep deeds is significantly lower compared to freeps deeds this goal virtually impossible. Due to technical limitations not being able to go above 50, (40base + 10deeds), perhaps as a compromise is the Helms Deep offer auto grants the maximum of 50 and completing deeds doesn't increase it any further.

Has any creep completed enough deeds to get their max to 50? Just Curious.

On a separate note, perhaps the devs can reduce the 40 deed requirement to increase one rank of quest slot gain on creeps, 40 seems a bit steep considering how many creep deeds there are, or lack of I should say.
    Last edited by Kelleran; Oct 13 2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    This is just one more fu to creeps along with 5 comms for bounder tokens instead of +100% renown/infamy scrolls. Turbine your neglectfulness knows no bounds.
    ^This. ^This. ^This. ^This.

you can also get turbine for false advertise it does not say freep only on the premium edition just says +10 quest log slots

Hello, everyone. We understand the frustrations and confusion that this may have caused (particularly to those who enjoy Monster Play).
    To alleviate any further confusion, our official answer regarding the Quest log slots + 10 are as follows:

EN:
    Quest Slots will not apply to your Monster Play character.

FR:
    Les emplacements de journal des quêtes ne s'appliqueront pas à votre personnage de Monster Play.

DE:
    Die Aufgabenfelder können nicht für Eure Monsterspiel-Charaktere verwendet werden.

The above will be updated in our product description for Helm's Deep™ as well.
    Once again, our apologies for any confusion and thank you for your understanding.

looks like we finally got some people attention on this

Both the official answer, and the five weeks it took to provide an answer, are extremely disappointing.

I will have to curb any remaining optimism I had about LOTRO's marketing activities.

Thanks for finally cleaning up the descriptions......

oops you missed a spot......

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...-november-18th

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterS View Post
    Hello, everyone. We understand the frustrations and confusion that this may have caused (particularly to those who enjoy Monster Play).
    To alleviate any further confusion, our official answer regarding the Quest log slots + 10 are as follows:

EN:

FR:
    Les emplacements de journal des quêtes ne s'appliqueront pas à votre personnage de Monster Play.

DE:
    Die Aufgabenfelder können nicht für Eure Monsterspiel-Charaktere verwendet werden.

Once again, our apologies for any confusion and thank you for your understanding.

LOL, i just thought that the answer will be: "Don't worry, creeps, you will get that too, in next update".

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterS View Post

EN:

FR:

DE:

Now that the technical limitation have been overcome. Are you now going to retroactively apply the +10 quests slots to creep players that purchased this expansion bundle?