We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Coming back after a long time a way and have some class, and leveling questions plz.

Hey guys, I am going to resub, and was wondering out of the RK, LM, and the Burglar which has the most survivability and can solo well without dying a lot. ( no glass cannons lol) These 3 classes interest me the most and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Also how is leveling now. Can you solo quest or do you still need groups for a lot of the quests? And does the leveling fly by or is it a grindfest. Like I said I been a way for a long while and I feel like a noob all over again and will probably restart from scratch although I do have a 33 Lm and a 33 RK. Oh last but not least. I have all the expansions except for the last one ( Rohan I think? Do i need that asap or can I hold off till I am high enough to enter the content? Thanks...
    P.S. Which USA east coast server has a good friendly population?

as a new player i can answer some of your questions. i have been leveling a rune-knight and just started on a burglar and both can solo effectively. both have tools to assist you. burglar is great for crowd control, when used correctly. rune-knights can burst a mobile down quickly. both are a bit squishy, but that is probably due to my lack of knowledge of the class and being a bit under-geared.

as for expansions if you have all up to rohan, that should be all. you can goto your account info page and see if you are missing any. helms deep was announced for a mid-november release, so you have time to save for that one

as for servers, i know that brandywine is very busy and i believe it is an east coast server.

All the servers are physically located on the east coast, so there's no difference between them.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Antmf712 View Post
    Hey guys, I am going to resub, and was wondering out of the RK, LM, and the Burglar which has the most survivability and can solo well without dying a lot. ( no glass cannons lol) These 3 classes interest me the most and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
    Welcome back! The RK is somewhat of a glass cannon at lower levels. Since you already have an RK and LM, I'd recommend giving Burglar a try.

Note that in November they will be releasing the Helm's Deep expansion. As part of that expansion (even if you don't buy it), they are changing the way class skills and specializations work. You'll have trait trees and points to spend in them. This is going to radically change the way ALL classes play, so unless you want to re-learn your RK or LM twice, I'd recommend just sticking with the class you already don't know.

Also how is leveling now. Can you solo quest or do you still need groups for a lot of the quests? And does the leveling fly by or is it a grindfest.
    You've been gone quite a while! The entire Epic quest series can now be done solo, though every class finds some parts harder than others. I think the leveling flies by, especially if you are VIP (have a subscription), but other people feel otherwise.

Oh last but not least. I have all the expansions except for the last one ( Rohan I think? Do i need that asap or can I hold off till I am high enough to enter the content? Thanks...
    You can wait until you are high enough to enter the content, which starts at level 75. It's possible that by the time you need it, you'll be able to get by with the zones that you have via your subscription.

P.S. Which USA east coast server has a good friendly population?
    Most servers have a good friendly population! Meneldor and Crickhollow are at the top of the launcher these days; both are servers that have always been in the USA and will likely have a higher population of folks starting new characters. Meneldor is one of the original servers and Crickhollow was added in 2010 with the free-to-play release.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Lore Masters are squishy. My LM dies more than any of my other toons.

I don't believe my Minstrel has ever died. That may represent a combination of better experience with the game and uberness of low-level (< 27) minstrels.

Haven't played an RK or Burglar.

And repeating what some one else said, the game will change completely Nov 18 when Helm's Deep come's out. We don't know how the classes will change after the expansion.