We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Monster Play Classes

The last Creep class made was waaay back years ago when MoM came out which was the Defiler class.

Personally I feel like one of the reasons that Creep side is weaker with or without the biased buffs Freeps get already, is their lack of classes.

Hopefully Turbine will understand this and create a new Creep class which will obviously make it more even and give Creepside a lot of attention. Also for a while the Freepside will have a new difficulty in finding weakness and strengths in the new class, as we all can agree that Freeps have had a far too powerful advantange since the Battlefield Promotions.

(I play Freepside primarily. I unlikely will be on Creepside.)

So for some races/roles I thought of are these:

Goblins, should have the ability to heal or deal a lot of DPS

Angmarians, should be like a Captain/Champion combined

Hillman, Warden/Guardian combined

Easterlings, Warden with a slight touch of Guardian

What races/classes would you like to see added to Creepside.

I don't know what they'd do, but I think it would be fun to play as a Morrovail.

With what we know of the skirm leuitenants I always thought that maybe a Dourhand Storm Keeper might be a good idea to offset the rune keeper, basically the same class anyway with a few minor differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    I don't know what they'd do, but I think it would be fun to play as a Morrovail.
    Casilune the Morrovail struts at you for 1253 points of attitude damage.
    Casilune the Morrovail poses at you for 284 points of attitude damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoncrow View Post
    The last Creep class made was waaay back years ago when MoM came out which was the Defiler class.
    That's the last time any new freep classes were added (Warden & Rune Keeper). Your point is....?

I'd prefore a tanky tank warden like orc that is good against self-healing classes. and a tactical kite dps like dps rk/mini that takes down melee classes well, but I'd prefore it to be a morrovil too

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    That's the last time any new freep classes were added (Warden & Rune Keeper). Your point is....?
    same time, moria.

but freeps getting a huge class revamp, many classes will feel brand new. creeps kinda need a revamp too, but I think for synergy and general "oh look new stuff" a new creep class is cool

I know this has been thrown around a lot.

I don't think a new class would make it to Helm's Deep release. But I know The following Classes have been thrown out there:

Morroval

Angmarim

Scorcerers

Tactical classes (similar to RKs) can be dangerous for balance. Being that creeps are DoT based with some spike damage.
    Just depends on what people want to see on creepside.
    [img]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/rjeske_album/forumbanner_zpsf9b0a993.jpg[/img]
    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    [url]www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Tactical classes (similar to RKs) can be dangerous for balance. Being that creeps are DoT based with some spike damage.
    needs to be a female imo. might be my &&&&& geek inside but I know many female PvP players who feel like creep side is a bit too macho sometimes. sorceresses or morrovail would be epic!

I don't think balance terms a dps class for creep like rk/mini would break much. spider might need a look at to make it's debuffs/cc/dots more potent but creeps don't currently have a very good kitey class against potent melee. that used to be the spiders speciallity (I know the web is being fixed) but they still suffer from very bad dps

why I suggested a creep tank to finely be a pure counter to self-healing classes. healing in moors in general feels broken. it shouldn't rely so heavily on stacking heals. before audacity self-healing classes were king, since we saw them rocket even more, less heals needed yet they output more. now we see the crazy high healing numbers against creep dps is just more insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    but freeps getting a huge class revamp, many classes will feel brand new. creeps kinda need a revamp too, but I think for synergy and general "oh look new stuff" a new creep class is cool
    Wouldn't it make more sense--more likely to happen--to ask for class revamps, rather than asking for a new class?

This was actually asked in the February Dev Chat:

Q29 Tirian_Hammerfist - Any plans to introduce a new creep class, simply for the sake of keeping things fresh? #LOTRO
    A29 Jinjaah - We have had conversations about adding some new creep classes. #LOTRO
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR="#A9A9A9"][B]BREGLOR[/B] · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    [B][URL="theteam.guildlaunch.com"]THE TEAM[/URL][/B] · GLADDEN[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

needs to be a female imo. might be my &&&&& geek inside but I know many female PvP players who feel like creep side is a bit too macho sometimes. sorceresses or morrovail would be epic!
    Merrevail (plural of Morroval) are female. Their males are Morvul (sg. and pl., apparently) and they're rather dumb and wimpy.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Wouldn't it make more sense--more likely to happen--to ask for class revamps, rather than asking for a new class?
    like I said, the gimik-ness of a new class would spark more entertainment than class revamps. the probeblems of balance class vs class would be higher. adding in an obvious counter to some freep counterparts. I think would be a lot easier to not mess up, would take longer codeing and development, but finally be more of an advertising and entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Merrevail (plural of Morroval) are female. Their males are Morvul (sg. and pl., apparently) and they're rather dumb and wimpy.
    why are they wimpy D:

there like sexy vampire girls with wings and bat pets!

along side spiders and wargs, I think the merrevail would fit in moors. the only fault is that the delving do have merrevail too...

but I couldn't think of a possible tactical mid-range kiteing dps class race pop into my head at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I know this has been thrown around a lot.

I don't think a new class would make it to Helm's Deep release. But I know The following Classes have been thrown out there:

Morroval

Angmarim

Sorcerers

A Cargul would be pretty neat.

However, hasn't Turbine already stated that they won't be making a new class? Or was that something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    A Cargul would be pretty neat.
    I'm not sure seeing an army of carguls would be right xD

there normally bosses or mini bosses, so I would assume in moors they would also be pritty powerful. a greeny rank1 cargul getting 1shot would feel so wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    hasn't Turbine already stated that they won't be making a new class? Or was that something else?
    pritty sure that was a quote about freep class, seen as there were huge class revamps underway.

quote just below about a a twitter chat about spacifically creep class.

Q29 Tirian_Hammerfist - Any plans to introduce a new creep class, simply for the sake of keeping things fresh?
    A29 Jinjaah - We have had conversations about adding some new creep classes.

BQ2 Nubcat - A few creep players (especially us girls) were saying how cool it would be to play a female creep (Angmarim, perhaps). What is the chances of that, or any new creep class, being introduced to the game?
    BA2 Jinjaah - I think having a new creep class be female is a great idea.
    Whether or not it will actually happen I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by nubcat; May 01 2013 at 10:37 AM.

The reply to my question in the dev chat did give me hope that a new creep class would be brought in - preferably following BirdofHermes' Angmarim/Mordor sorceress/sorcerer. Its got a good basis in the lore of LOTRO and fills the creep spot that isn't currently occupied (aka that of an rk - wardens are represented creepside, but as I've said in many previous posts on this topic, that's a good thing).

Merrevail would also be cool, but the main problem with them already being denziens of the Delving would exclude them from becoming the new creep class, which is why all my hopes are pinned on the sorcerer/sorceress

Gaunt Lord!

Something very tactical based similar to LM with debuffing, damaging, and healing abilities. I really think Guant Lord's would be the way to go. However there is already tactical and ranged. Creep needs more melee.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000009c17a/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

why are [Morvul] wimpy D:

there like sexy vampire girls with wings and bat pets!
    The Merrevail aren't wimpy at all. We meet their male counterparts, the Morvul, in the Epic Book II.8.3, "A Relic in Lumul-Nar." It's the one in the multi-leveled dungeon full of mirrors, which we have to turn into the *proper* configuration in order to get to the bottom, whilst fighting off Merrevail, not to mention the Morvul who keep turning the mirrors around. Unlike the Merrevail, who are rather pretty in a terrifying way, with their coral skin and clawed feet resembling five-inch verb-me pumps, the Morvul are greyish and rather smaller and can't fight worth a damn .... in fact, now I look back on it, I think the Merrevail/Morvul are half humanoid, half spider, and the females eat the males after mating.

Holy Valar, that chapter is a pain in the gluteus.

P.S. Whh comments that any suggestion for any kind of new classes in Helm's Deep -- which is probably already testing on Palantir, did we but know it -- is not suggesting but wishful thinking.
    Last edited by djheydt; May 01 2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Respectfully,

What would truly make "more sense" is to not even bother replying to anything you say, as it has very little to do with your playstyle anyway and the fact that you badger every suggestion made regarding PvMP whether it is detrimental to the PvE side of the game or not, has proved all discourse relevant to PvMP changes a waste of time. With that I have reached my limit of communication that will fall on deaf ears.

Regarding the topic at hand, I hardly think a new creep class would institute any form of balance in PvMP. Most likely it would only create more imbalance between creep classes, and therefore lead to even more "fotm" than usual. Restructuring of all creep classes also seems to be a bit out of place, as we have no idea how freep synergy will play out after the expansion.

I would much rather see Turbine acknowledge that creep class will be recieving major improvements in the update following the expansion than have them rush to change mechanics only to find out that they don't match up well against Freepside anyway.

21. Defilers are the RK counterpart (sort of) Warleaders are the Mini counterparts (sort of), Spiders are the LM counterparts, not really represented in the moors are tank classes which sort of makes sense since tanks aren't very useful in PVP.
    We don't need a "tactical" class in the moors because they all are more or less tactical.
    That being said I wouldn't mind a new creep class just to bring something new to the moors.
    Half Orcs or Goblins would be the way to go I think.

Goblins could be an interesting counterpart to Wardens by combining the goblin types into one, the spear throwing for a good initial attack, net for CC, the bombs for some AOE DOTs add in some debuffs and stuns and you have a good grounding for a creep class.
    Giving them the ability to function as evasion tanks would even better fill the role of Warden Counterpart.

Half Orcs could pretty much fit into the same role combining their different types into one, the "fire" type (my personal most hated type) , the spear with the knockback effect (could be an interesting addition to moors fights) then with the regular bandit type thrown in for your stuns and debuffs.

id rather have creeps having war-"mounts" and freeps can bring theirs into the moors, than a new creep class :P

(but of course, no mounts in keeps to make things fair)

yknow, stuff like wargs can have goblins ride on them, and orcs/uruks can mount on wargs, and spiders can.... ummm...

All I really want and see big enough to warrant a spot for is an Easterling class, probably something similar to a warden. Some sort of Haradrim class would be cool too but I don't know if they would be able to fill any sort of special role that would make sense at all. An archer type class comes to mind when thinking haradrim but then we already have the black arrow. I think the best idea would be to revamp the creep classes and races so it's more similar to creating a freep character, multiple classes being playable by multiple races. This would also allow goblins to be playable in a way that doesn't force them to hamfist in another class. Of course the warg and spider race would only be playable as stalker and weaver, and vice versa but that's not really a problem. The other creep roles could easily be altered slightly to make them appropriate for every other creep race.

One race/class that I know is ridiculous and I'll never see is a Variag berserker. The race pretty much wasn't used or developed very much in the lore but what's there sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    Defilers are the RK counterpart (sort of) Warleaders are the Mini counterparts (sort of), Spiders are the LM counterparts, not really represented in the moors are tank classes which sort of makes sense since tanks aren't very useful in PVP.
    The way that I see the classes matching up is rather different to this:
    Warleader: Captain/Guardian
    Defiler: Minstrel/Healing RK
    Reaver: Champion
    Warg: Burg
    Weaver: LM
    Blackarrow: Hunter

As you see, the two which are missing are warden and dps rk. As stated above, wardens wouldn't fit creepside, however a dps tact class would (not based on CC like spiders), and that would be the sorcerer/sorceresses' role.

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    Goblins could be an interesting counterpart to Wardens by combining the goblin types into one, the spear throwing for a good initial attack, net for CC, the bombs for some AOE DOTs add in some debuffs and stuns and you have a good grounding for a creep class.
    Giving them the ability to function as evasion tanks would even better fill the role of Warden Counterpart
    That actually sounds like so much fun ^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast