We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 61 of 61
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    If they get rid of gambits and do not replace it with something suitably similar, I can say that I for one am gone.

    The only reason I play anymore is because the warden is actually fun to play, if it goes to mindless clicking (I don't like using memorized rotations which I take it are similar to mindless clicking) then I have no reason to play anymore. This is the main reason I am waiting to purchase the expansion, to see whether they ruin the warden or not.

  2. #52
    Gambits gone so am i. Only play warden cause it has some difficulty but if it goes "mindless clicking" as the rest of the chars, its time for me to find new game. Will be a happy day to some new comer i cross by. Gonna hand over all my stuff / gold away and expose my ripped manwarden torso in open play fields so that anyone can see that i go down in shape! HailaR WôðanaR!

  3. #53
    Hey guys, i read the ministrel Dev Diary, and apparently they get to keep their stances! This means that stances aren't dead for all classes.

    Now im hoping and crossing my fingers that Warden's get to keep stance dancing :3
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St Louis Mo
    Posts
    1,999
    Sigh.. RK diary out today.

    Facts:
    1. Wardens and RKs came out at the same time.
    2. Each had something unique that was not in game before, RKs had to manage attunement. Wardens had gambits.
    3. RKs no longer have to worry about attunement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah View Post

    The first change we made was not to gate any skill by a minimum amount of attunement. For example, as a fire Rune-keeper, Smouldering Wrath no longer requires 9 battle attunement to become useable. This makes more skills available at any point. This also plays into the next point: attunement cashout skills.
    With removing attunement requirements, having skills cashout your current attunement to enhance the effect they give made a lot of sense.
    4. SIGH.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Sigh.. RK diary out today.

    Facts:
    1. Wardens and RKs came out at the same time.
    2. Each had something unique that was not in game before, RKs had to manage attunement. Wardens had gambits.
    3. RKs no longer have to worry about attunement.



    4. SIGH.
    I don't play a rk, but the concept of this doesn't really bother me, assuming the implementation is done right. you still have to manage your attunement, otherwise you will be using skills, but they will have little effect if used at the wrong attunement. If a fully dps attuned EC crits for 10k, and you can be full heal attunement and crit EC for 5k, it will be a busted system, but if a full heal attuned EC is critting for like 1-2k, i'm totally fine with it.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I don't play a rk, but the concept of this doesn't really bother me, assuming the implementation is done right. you still have to manage your attunement, otherwise you will be using skills, but they will have little effect if used at the wrong attunement. If a fully dps attuned EC crits for 10k, and you can be full heal attunement and crit EC for 5k, it will be a busted system, but if a full heal attuned EC is critting for like 1-2k, i'm totally fine with it.
    I don't have an RK either, but from what I understand once attunement is achievied it isn't spent like fervor or focus. The class is being homogenized into playstyle of other classes in the game. Whether it will be good or not I cannot say. How long until wardens get there 3 paragraphs...I'd guess (today 10/2).

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St Louis Mo
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I don't play a rk, but the concept of this doesn't really bother me, assuming the implementation is done right. you still have to manage your attunement, otherwise you will be using skills, but they will have little effect if used at the wrong attunement. If a fully dps attuned EC crits for 10k, and you can be full heal attunement and crit EC for 5k, it will be a busted system, but if a full heal attuned EC is critting for like 1-2k, i'm totally fine with it.
    I guess I was too oblique. The post was not about RKs.

    RKs special thing was attunement. Wardens special thing was gambits.

    RKs attunement no longer affects if they cast heals or damage. So, yet another reason to believe the warden's special thing of gambits will be gone.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington, WA
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    I guess I was too oblique. The post was not about RKs.

    RKs special thing was attunement. Wardens special thing was gambits.

    RKs attunement no longer affects if they cast heals or damage. So, yet another reason to believe the warden's special thing of gambits will be gone.
    Here's what you apparently missed.

    With removing attunement requirements, having skills cashout your current attunement to enhance the effect they give made a lot of sense. An example of this is Words of Exaltation. With the new changes, Words of Exaltation can be used at any level of healing attunement and the duration of the bubble is increased by the number of healing attunement that is consumed when used. This does two things. One, it puts more of an importance on building up your attunement while not completely gating the skill. You can pop the skill when you choose, but waiting will yield a much greater reward. Two, it brings even more of a swing to attunement and helps lead to the last point: increasing the speed at which attunement builds.
    Atunement is still incredibly important for an RK. They didn't take it away, they made it better. So there is no reason to think "the warden's special thing of gambits will be gone."

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayvisionnw View Post
    Atunement is still incredibly important for an RK. They didn't take it away, they made it better. So there is no reason to think "the warden's special thing of gambits will be gone."
    As an RK player, I can assure you that the quote is not particularly heartening. While I haven't not actually played under the changes, I can tell you that there's always been a fine line to walk as an RK with Attunement: some skills would shunt you back towards neutral, your "most powerful" base skills have been Attunement 9. This meant you had to have a rhythm to your play and understand when dropping Attunement was a good thing. I'm not really a fan of this cash-out mechanic.

    What's most troubling in the RK DD, though, is that some core skills have been gated to traits. Ceaseless Argument, the only spammable, instant cast damage ability the RK has, which is currently trained at level 6, is going to be trait-gated. I'm sure it will be very low on the tree given that it is absolutely essential for Solitary Thunder and still important for Cleaning Flame/Benediction of Peace, but knowing that it's going from a skill that you likely have before you leave instanced start zones to a trait is somewhat dismaying. It would be like having Javelin Toss changed to a trait in Assailment. Kind of a core ability.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Serisan View Post
    ...This meant you had to have a rhythm to your play and understand when dropping Attunement was a good thing....
    True for Wardens as well. Turbine has already shown that they are capable of preserving a mechanic while lessening it's impact. The increased number of clickie-skills like Defiant Challenge and Battle Memory broke up our rhythm, and while the Warden still has gambits, they are not as central as they once were. Our most potent skill? A clickie. The most efficient way to self-buff? Using clickies.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammund View Post
    True for Wardens as well. Turbine has already shown that they are capable of preserving a mechanic while lessening it's impact. The increased number of clickie-skills like Defiant Challenge and Battle Memory broke up our rhythm, and while the Warden still has gambits, they are not as central as they once were. Our most potent skill? A clickie. The most efficient way to self-buff? Using clickies.
    Definitely true re: Warden clickies, but I would point out that the changes seem to be headed away from the idea of diluting the mechanic and more towards a fundamental shift in play.

    I'm very curious how Turbine intends to reduce the skill count to ~20 with the Warden and still preserve Gambits. My main is a tanking Warden and, if I wanted to play ezmode defensive tank, I would have finished leveling my Guardian instead. The Warden is an anomaly in gaming and that is the draw, right there.

    I had hoped to see the Warden DD this week. I hadn't seen a schedule for these DDs, but it looks like next week at this point given the 40 questions from yesterday. Hopefully, when it is released, it presents more positive news than the RK DD, which really just said "Everything is behind a trait gate and Attunement is now a cash-out thing like Focus."

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload