We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does havestmath really end on the 4th?

Or is it extended?

Arrow

Harvestmath Fest Article https://www.lotro.com/en/harvestmath say that the Harvestmath Fest will last from October 22 to November 4 . Nothing have beeing changed.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

alright, just thought maybe it would get extended
    [center][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/saiyaniam/abdlotro.png[/img][/center]

[center]AshBrockDawn | Rockmor | Moriak | Thamor | Ranak
    Server: Eldar [/center]

Festival

I hope it will end on the 4th, but true to form and because people will cry and whine that they haven't had a chance to get all the bits and pieces they want on multiple characters, Turbine will extend it for another week at least.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    I hope it will end on the 4th, but true to form and because people will cry and whine that they haven't had a chance to get all the bits and pieces they want on multiple characters, Turbine will extend it for another week at least.

I see you probably don't like festivals or festivals that have been extended. It's a simple solution you can control. Don't do the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    I see you probably don't like festivals or festivals that have been extended. It's a simple solution you can control. Don't do the festival.
    I never understand why anyone would care if the festival is extended or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmor View Post
    alright, just thought maybe it would get extended
    I think it only gets extended when there's been server outages or something along that line that shortens the amount of days that it is supposed to run.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

If Turbine didn't insist on auto-granting the Festival intro quest repeatedly, that would be a viable solution. As it is, not so much.

Personally, I'd just be happy to know whether "ends on the 4th" means ends on the 3rd at midnight, ends on the 4th at midnight, ends on the 5th at 3 am, ends on the 4th at 9 am...

I tend to wait until the last day of festivals to cash in my tokens, and a couple of times lately I have gotten burned by ambiguous date wording.

I asked about this on another thread, because if you look at the calendar, the festival is listed on the 5th. Sapience replied by quoting the text of the calendar entry (which says it ends on the 4th). So, read the text not the calendar. As to the specific time, I was surprised by the Farmer's Faire one morning, I think at 8CST (10 East coast time), and I would guess the end time would occur at the same point. But I wouldn't gamble on it being any later than 3am east coast time when daily quests reset.

There is a maintenance Monday morning for the account server, so if something goes wrong there, we might get an extension, but that's unlikely IMHO.

Also as to the concern about whining for more time, you may need to know that the deeds for using consumables from this fest have a total count of 300 (!) which takes 180 tokens at the barter NPC, and there's like a half dozen of them, so a desire for more time isn't entirely unreasonable, if you're chasing those.

The last couple of festivals haven't been extended, or the last one at any rate. Personally I'd make sure that you've tidied up any unfinished festival business today ie the 3rd as for the last couple of festivals closure has been at 3am reset time on the advertised day and has caught people out.
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    If Turbine didn't insist on auto-granting the Festival intro quest repeatedly, that would be a viable solution. As it is, not so much.
    This. I don't participate in festivals anymore. Been there and done that, but I know many people do and freely wish them a great time enjoying themselves.

If a festival gets extended, that's fine and I hope those that are enjoying the festivals get to do the things they like, but due to the auto-festival pop up I always look forward to when the festivals end so the annoyance factor goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post

I guess a simple click of decline is either too difficult and/or game breaking annoying?

I guess a simple click of decline is either too difficult and/or game breaking annoying?
    Carpal tunnel...

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

How many times must I tell them no? After the first 50 times I would hope they would get the message, but i guess a simple click of the mouse isn't enough for them.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

I really don't understand the need to go 'grrrr! something's popped up!' It's the height of laziness to take annoyance for something you can just 'click' and close.....

Personally I prefer it to pop up a lot. Because in this case, you got bounders tokens every time you accepted it. And I need them! still 600 short of that bloody horse.... it only popped up twice for me.... Would be could if the 'grrrr' crowd could forego theirs and send them my way, including the tokens please...
    If in danger from Red, Call Glod.....

If it were a single click, people wouldn't be complaining. It's far more than that, especially if you're leveling lowbies and/or changing characters frequently. If you decline, you get the message again every time you level, and every time you log in again. It isn't just annoying, it's an indication of poor programming, application, or decision-making. When you decline, the decline should stick. You can always go to the festival grounds on your own and pick up the starter quest, it's not like there's no possible way to begin it if you don't accept the auto-grant quest.

In addition to that, even characters that I've taken through the festival and gotten the completion deed have gotten numerous additional opportunities to accept the quest again. For some that's a free port to Hobbiton, a free token, and a free Bounder's Bag. Not a problem for the folks who want those things, but still indicates something not right in the programming.

This behavior happens every festival since auto-granting was implemented, and imho it's an issue that should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynore View Post
    Personally, I'd just be happy to know whether "ends on the 4th" means ends on the 3rd at midnight, ends on the 4th at midnight, ends on the 5th at 3 am, ends on the 4th at 9 am...
    I agree there is no reason to be vague about this. Just state the TIME it ends too, I can convert it from any timezone you want to use.

So far as token redemption, I always do it the day before they state just to be safe. However, Festival tokens are next to worthless compared to Bounder's Bounty - you won't want to miss that deadline!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynore View Post

I tend to wait until the last day of festivals to cash in my tokens, and a couple of times lately I have gotten burned by ambiguous date wording.
    Unless extended, it should end at MN Pacific US (3AM Eastern on the 5th of November). That said, I have not checked the status today, yet.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Most of my characters (10 or 14) are level 85. In the the zones since RoR launch, it's pretty much a necessity to run with 'accept auto-bestowed quests' on. There *isn't* a way to cancel to Festival quests. They can only be completed, porting the character to the set location.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    I agree there is no reason to be vague about this. Just state the TIME it ends too, I can convert it from any timezone you want to use.
    You can and I can, but from the threads we get every time a downtime is announced or takes place, it is quite apparent that there are a great many players that are not able to do time zone conversions.

I got the two mounts on my main character. All I care to do.
    Zoofro Fireloins - Level 85 Dwarf Hunter (Active) - Landroval
    Zoofro Healfro - Level 64 Dwarf Runekeeper (Inactive) - Brandywine

it's the 5th and the quests are still up.
    [center][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/saiyaniam/abdlotro.png[/img][/center]

[center]AshBrockDawn | Rockmor | Moriak | Thamor | Ranak
    Server: Eldar [/center]

It's just finished - but it was good while it lasted