We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,896

    Help please - coming back to the game with a lost house

    I need some help after losing the house due to a break from the game.

    I'm ok with losing it and all, but it seems very messy at the moment unless I have missed something. I can't buy a new house until I clear escrow, but I have nowhere near enough room in my bags for all the things that were in the house and its chests.

    I have managed to make room for all the house stuff in shared storage, plus buying more vault space - but no way I can fit chest stuff, and it still won't let me buy a house.

    Anyone have any ideas? - I can't see why I can't buy the house and chests and have current chest stuff be in the chests as before. This is going to be a game breaker for me as I can't see a simple way around it and want to get back having fun not spending hours trying to get my house fixed up.

    Help please - any ideas much appreciated.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,671
    Use the mail system to send items to alts and then get it after you purchase a new house.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

    Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

  3. #3
    Also, if you don't want to leave items to the vagaries of the mail system (they don't get stored forever and you may forget to retrive) roll a mule or two if you have room on your account, and spend a few silver to expand their vaults.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    I need some help after losing the house due to a break from the game.

    I'm ok with losing it and all, but it seems very messy at the moment unless I have missed something. I can't buy a new house until I clear escrow, but I have nowhere near enough room in my bags for all the things that were in the house and its chests.

    I have managed to make room for all the house stuff in shared storage, plus buying more vault space - but no way I can fit chest stuff, and it still won't let me buy a house.

    Anyone have any ideas? - I can't see why I can't buy the house and chests and have current chest stuff be in the chests as before. This is going to be a game breaker for me as I can't see a simple way around it and want to get back having fun not spending hours trying to get my house fixed up.

    Help please - any ideas much appreciated.
    Wasn't a break in the game, they foreclosed houses of those who hadn't been on in a while.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Use the mail system to send items to alts and then get it after you purchase a new house.
    I thought of that - but then slogging through 70 or so messages didn't seem great.

    Sigh - I just don't see why it needs to take so much time - but if it must then so be it.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubousensei View Post
    Also, if you don't want to leave items to the vagaries of the mail system (they don't get stored forever and you may forget to retrive) roll a mule or two if you have room on your account, and spend a few silver to expand their vaults.
    Cheers - I have room for a couple more - I don't really play alts much. This looks like my best option.

    As an aside - what happens to items that other people placed at my house and which are not bound to me?
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    As an aside - what happens to items that other people placed at my house and which are not bound to me?
    They go back to their respective owners' escrows. Basically, the same what happens when you remove a housing item from your house that is bound to someone else.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Cheers - I have room for a couple more - I don't really play alts much. This looks like my best option.

    As an aside - what happens to items that other people placed at my house and which are not bound to me?
    They turn up in that persons escrow.

    Making an alt should get all your stuff out of escrow. As an aside in the thread where foreclosing on housing was urged it was put for by many of us that Turbine allow people to buy a new house with items still in escrow but receive a warning before buying it and again after buying it that on buying a new house they will have 24 or 48 hours to clear out escrow or it will go poof!

    This was one of the suggestions that was not adopted.

    Perhaps because of the very thing we have mentioned here. The bound items people had in other peoples houses. If they still owned a house would their items then have just a 24 hour period before going poof?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload