We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

buying helm's deep with paypal without creditcard

Hi

I want to preorder helms deep. Normally when I bought an expansion with lotro I payed with paypal. When I wanna buy the expansion now, i can still pay with paypal but i need to set up a payment agreement with a credit card. I just want to pay with paypal without creditcard (this is how i payed before in lotro)

Anyone knows how I can do this?

regs

Raydenziggy

Need to know this as well. Hopefully we get an answer and not "you can use debit card." That is not what we are asking.
    Truth and Justice

I've just bought Helm's Deep through Paypal and I didn't need to set up an agreement with a Credit card. I just logged into Paypal and it asked if I wanted to allow Turbine to link my Paypal account to my Turbine account, then it took me to a page to confirm I wanted to link the account and then went through the confirm sale bit and that was that.

I have also had the same problem with PayPal. Worked it out the other way by using Ultimatepay option wich now works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathreon View Post
    I've just bought Helm's Deep through Paypal and I didn't need to set up an agreement with a Credit card. I just logged into Paypal and it asked if I wanted to allow Turbine to link my Paypal account to my Turbine account, then it took me to a page to confirm I wanted to link the account and then went through the confirm sale bit and that was that.

I attempted to use Paypal after this post you made and it said, 'To complete this payment, add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Your card will not be charged unless the transaction amount exceeds your balance."

I have no intention of linking a debit or credit card to my paypal account.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Still not sure why its doing it to me as well. I have money on my paypal account as well as my banking information. Still asks me to add a card. Back when I used paypal for vip over a year ago it never asked me for that. Paypal tells me it's not on their end either.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I attempted to use Paypal after this post you made and it said, 'To complete this payment, add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Your card will not be charged unless the transaction amount exceeds your balance."

I have no intention of linking a debit or credit card to my paypal account.
    Sorry, my mistake. I have a debit card linked to Paypal so no wonder I had no problems.

I assumed the OP already had a card linked to his PP account and was just getting some dodgy message.
    Last edited by Rathreon; Sep 13 2013 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianPL View Post
    I have also had the same problem with PayPal. Worked it out the other way by using Ultimatepay option wich now works.
    And that works completely without any form of credit card?
    Truth and Justice

Yes! Using Ultimatepay u can choose paypal in its options and it should work fine(worked for me).

Bit surpriced that no staff members have posted that info in here...

Quote Originally Posted by sdgrgwererh View Post
    Yes! Using Ultimatepay u can choose paypal in its options and it should work fine(worked for me).

Bit surpriced that no staff members have posted that info in here...
    Hm, maybe they just forgot. Anyway, thank you for telling me this! Will do it right now
    Truth and Justice

Thx for all the replies

I finally found a way to buy Helms deep with paypal.

you need to select Ultimatepay and then click on other payments options and then select paypal.

greetings

Raydenziggy

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaydenZiggy View Post
    Thx for all the replies

I finally found a way to buy Helms deep with paypal.

you need to select Ultimatepay and then click on other payments options and then select paypal.

greetings

Raydenziggy
    Thank you bud!
    I just completed purchasing HD using your tips.

Was wondering - how long did it take UltimatePay to transfer the confirmation to Turbine?
    Was it instantaneous or did it take few hours? days?

yeah thats what im wondering about too, i bought per ultimatepay but i just wont get an email or something from turbine , im kinda frustrated... cause i already got the confirmation from ultimatepay that i paid...

Setting up PayPal properly can help you overcome this problem. Make sure you linked your bank account and your paypal properly, and that your account status is VERIFIED. If not, you are required to add your creditcard to your account. On the PayPal website you can check by clicking on your account status, and it explains what to do to get it verified.