We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

November 18th; Place Your Bets.

What do you think about HD (and subsequent updates)?

Will it bring improvement?
    Will it bring disimprovement?
    Will things remain the same?
    Who will benefit from it?
    What changes might come?
    Will you be surprised?
    Will you be unsurprised?

I'm going to be realistic here when I say that I believe, based on past events, that things will change. This will change significantly. However, of all the things that change, two things will remain the same:

1. The balance, and
    2. The poor quality of content.

You can quote me on this and I seriously doubt I will be proven wrong in the long run, though I would like to be.

No nothing will change in my opinion. There will be some minor changes to the classes (both freep N creep) from what I hear, (I didn't even bother with beta), and those changes won't be other than the changes people asking for YEARS.

From PvP point of view, class "ballance" will change again maybe (meaning now the FotM class might change), aaaaaand that's it! Same meaningless mechanics, same zone that has pve as a major aspect, same everything.

PvE side of view, 10 more levels to grind, no new instances, no new raids, same old Skirmish farm, and the "end game" will probably be 3-4 more factons of reputation grind, along with 5 dailies that you have to do 40 times to get the new armour. (Which will have a small difference from your current armour) Oh- of course store users will have the armour and reputation 10 times faster than everyone else, because store obviously offers "convinience and not advantage"

Also expect PvP to get only worse, from player base point of view, since highly anticipated MMO's coming out this year such as TESO and Wildstar.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

from what i've heard so far about hd not much changes in the moors
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post

Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

What changes might come?
    Will you be surprised?
    Will you be unsurprised?

I'm going to be realistic here when I say that I believe, based on past events, that things will change. This will change significantly. However, of all the things that change, two things will remain the same:

1. The balance, and

You can quote me on this and I seriously doubt I will be proven wrong in the long run, though I would like to be.
    I don't see any real improvements being made to the game from a PvP perspective. That said, I don't really think things will get worse either (please be right about this!). If there is any benefit to be had, I think we can all agree that Freeps will get the better deal out of it...and no, I don't see myself being surprised at all.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Debbie Downers!!

I am going to put my furry neck out and say I think HD will offer an improvement for creeps once settled in. We will have the advantage of some corruption based extras while I hope that the new tree system will leave certain classes unable to maintain their current situation where they can have maximum DPS output while also having access to powerful 'oh ####' buttons.

What I do think will happen is fights are going to become more flat out DPS races where having some actual skill in with your class and having good movement can make the difference.

There, I was positive...and I feel good about it too

*Disclaimer*Please don't 'I told you so' me when HD releases and I find myself being trampled into warg dust...
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    [B]
    Dapple[/B] Rank 10 Warg

[I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

The more balance between the factions the more unbalanced the populations become. Freeps need the option to bypass leveling and gearing like creeps to sustain real balance otherwise everyone would flood creepside. The problem is not being able to monetize the moors that way.

Quote Originally Posted by aaSteele View Post
    The more balance between the factions the more unbalanced the populations become. Freeps need the option to bypass leveling and gearing like creeps to sustain real balance otherwise everyone would flood creepside. The problem is not being able to monetize the moors that way.
    I have to disagree here. Possibly your server has more Creeps on than Freeps, but that is not true of every server. On my server, I see daily begging in GLFF by Freeps for the Creeps to log in so they have something to kill. Without the PvMP stats website anymore I can't prove it to you, but my gut tells me that more Freeps gain more renown than Creeps in the Ettenmoors on my server gain infamy because the populations are unbalanced in the opposite direction from what you state.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    I have to disagree here. Possibly your server has more Creeps on than Freeps, but that is not true of every server. On my server, I see daily begging in GLFF by Freeps for the Creeps to log in so they have something to kill. Without the PvMP stats website anymore I can't prove it to you, but my gut tells me that more Freeps gain more renown than Creeps in the Ettenmoors on my server gain infamy because the populations are unbalanced in the opposite direction from what you state.
    That is because there is imbalance between the factions. I do agree that population balances will be different for every server no matter the faction balance.

I may have asked if people think things will improve, but that doesn't reflect my own opinion. It's just a question.

A question for the naive.

I may have asked if people think things will improve, but that doesn't reflect my own opinion. It's just a question.

A question for the naive.
    I consider myself naïve. That should answer your question I suppose. Improvement is such a strangely sized sweater though innit, who will it fit? Personally I think it's blue, knitted and with a faint yet distinctive smell of elderly people.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

The fighting aspect will change drastically. Sounds like freep classes will be tremendously easy to kill (compared to now).

Unfortunately the map will likely stay the same. The lag will be the same or worse. There will be fewer players who go to the Moors (and if freeps drop VIP, that is bad news for creeps).

I think this exact quote fits this games current direction perfectly;

"Do not trust the hope, for it has forsaken these lands"

I think that pretty much sums up my thoughts of the game and it's future.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    The fighting aspect will change drastically. Sounds like freep classes will be tremendously easy to kill (compared to now).

Unfortunately the map will likely stay the same. The lag will be the same or worse. There will be fewer players who go to the Moors (and if freeps drop VIP, that is bad news for creeps).
    What this guy said.

I hear there will be skill trees? That will slightly rekindle my interest, but not enough to come back. I'll most likely buy and try it out when it goes on sale haha.

I'm curious as to if they will make skill trees available to creeps when they finally decide to "revamp" pvp again halfway thru Helm's Deep. They stated they were doing so when I asked. Halfway could mean a very long time in Turbine standards. If they do, pvp will be much different and perhaps kind of enjoyable again. If not, then be ready for the same, stagnant broken pvp that you've become accustomed to in RoR, and which caused me to leave.

Until they get rid of OP buffs, and nerf keep/delving buffs, the moors will be broken imo.

What changes might come?
    Will you be surprised?
    Will you be unsurprised?

1. The balance, and

This is my guess of what is happening at turbine

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    This is my guess of what is happening at turbine

Haha, this made me laugh really hard. So true prob. Whatever happened to Orion :P?