We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    It's called BIG BATTLES!
    'Big Battles' is too shy, too modest name that can not reflect the epicness and scale of this new feature, so it is now officially termed 'Epic Battles'.
    Please do not diminish in such a way the awesomeness of the new endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    One thought occurs to me. If I were selecting a Player Council, I would be aiming to select from among the volunteers in appoximately the same proportions as the different sorts of players were present in the community as a whole. Thus, for example, if fanatical horse collectors presented 10% of the community, I would be looking to try and get 10% of the Council from among that group.

It may be that the Council represents accurately the distribution of player types within the community.

Of, of course, it may simply represent a dastardly conspiracy on the part of Turbine to skew the community even more in a specific direction.

You get to choose what you want to believe. It's a (relatively) free virtual world.
    While we are working with assumed numbers lets say that PVP players equal 10% and raiders equal 10% thats 20% of the players playing the game.
    While many will equate this to 80% of the players playing the game solo, I'm going to assume that's not true. You see there are players other than raiders using instance clusters. Have we forgetten that 3 and 6 man content even exists.

I know there are alot of solo only players that get drawn to these threads. Why is that? Is it gloating? Touchdown dancing anyone? Just looking at the responses that I have seen in every single thread of this nature, it does seem to be some celebrating at the cost of others.

The op asked why no instance cluster. Eliminating the instance cluster affects more people than just raiders. At that point we can only guess at the number is does affect.

I have a question for all you posters that are celebrating the exit of the game by Raiders, PVPers and groupers. If turbine was not trying to target this audience at all then why offer 3, 6 and 12 man versions of Big Battles?

Sadly I know I'm just wasting my breath as some player that thinks he is a moderator is going to come scold me like I'm 10 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    I have a question for all you posters that are celebrating the exit of the game by Raiders, PVPers and groupers.
    Nobody's "celebrating", and I've never said grouping was uncommon or unimportant. What I did say was that Turbine is trying to spend their "compelling content" budget in a way which may appeal to a broader set of players, including the largest group (solo/duo) and players who are typically ignored by expansions (newer players in particular). Clearly they're hoping they can bridge the gap between solo players and other playstyles with scalable content... sort of Skirmishes 2.0.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Snabur View Post
    This is not true, the kin i'm in raid 4/5 times per week EVERY week. And everyone that raid already have bought the HD pre-order, your statement can be valid to your server, but not for every server.
    What kinship / server?
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Nobody's "celebrating", and I've never said grouping was uncommon or unimportant. What I did say was that Turbine is trying to spend their "compelling content" budget in a way which may appeal to a broader set of players, including the largest group (solo/duo) and players who are typically ignored by expansions (newer players in particular). Clearly they're hoping they can bridge the gap between solo players and other playstyles with scalable content... sort of Skirmishes 2.0.

Khafar
    You ignored this:
    I have a question for all you posters that are celebrating the exit of the game by Raiders, PVPers and groupers. If turbine was not trying to target this audience at all then why offer 3, 6 and 12 man versions of Big Battles?

Clearly there are player still left that enjoy grouping.

The 10% number I going guess are hardcore raiders and that population left in the last 2 xpacs.

There is no need to discourage players to keep asking for more group content, which clearly there are those who feel that it should be eliminated from the game in favor or solo only (and duo?) content. I'm sure it isn't real hard for the duo players to add one person to their groups.

My opinion is that adding a 3,6,12 feature to Big Battles is just a desperate attempt to keep the remaining players that join a group for end game.

My opinion is that adding a 3,6,12 feature to Big Battles is just a desperate attempt to keep the remaining players that join a group for end game.
    Eh i think Big Battles are to Lotro what LFR is to WOW. A way to justify doing the group content. They're a business after all, and it is a hard sell to the upper tiers to make content which only a small fraction of players will utilize.
    Once they made the space it's much easier to add modes for a wider variety of people.
    WOW does make the raiding space attractive to more people by making it faceroll easy and having an easy come and go system without pressure, Lotro seems to try to do it in a way to open the space to all group sizes.
    Basically it is a bid to make as many people as possible happy. It won't work for all but if it works for a good portion of the players they already won.
    I have no clue how good the big battles will be and i won't before 18th Novemebr. Still scaling instances that still offer different things to different group sizes is something i have been asking for and I'm willing to put my money down for it so i did.
    Nothing here matters.

You ignored this:
    I don't see anyone "celebrating" the "exit of the game" by raiders or Pv(M)Pers. What I see is people trying to inject some reality for those that think raiding is the be all and end all of MMOs and are loudly asking that Turbine spend money all out of proportion to the number of raiders that have always been in the game making the most expensive kind of content they do.

There is some sense in spending more on raids than the proportion of raiders because that content is disproportionally more expensive to make. It doesn't make sense to devote the sort of budget to the process that would be appropriate if the raiding community were a significantly larger proportion of the player base than it is.

Clearly there are player still left that enjoy grouping.
    You betcha. I do so myself. After all, "duo" is a group.

The 10% number I going guess are hardcore raiders and that population left in the last 2 xpacs.
    According to Sapience the "single digit" proportion (that is, no more than 10%) has been true for the last six years, so if raiders have left, then so have non-raiders.

There is no need to discourage players to keep asking for more group content, which clearly there are those who feel that it should be eliminated from the game in favor or solo only (and duo?) content. I'm sure it isn't real hard for the duo players to add one person to their groups.
    Discourage...no. Face reality...yes. You can ask all you want, but it's a small proportion of the player base asking for a large proportion (or, at least, a much larger than their own proportion) of development dollars to be devoted to their pet cause. A realistic assessment would be that, while some raid scale content will likely be developed, such development is not going to dominate the overall content development volume.

Can a duo add a third? Sure. Is it easy? Not necessarily. When I duo, it's with my wife and we're sitting in the same room. To add a third character to our duo would require a radical shift in communications strategy which would slow and degrade communications and coordination.

Attempt? Maybe. Desparate? No. They're just providing what is being asked for group content up to raid size. That it is not a "traditional raid" is driven by the needs of the underlying story.

Of all the things that I might be concerned about as part of HD, the group scaling of the Epic Battles is very low on the list.

Thanks All!

Keep up the excellent feedback all please!

Maybe if enough post and continue the good feedback someone from turbine will listen to us.

ty

You ignored this:
    No I didn't. As I said in my last post, grouping is both common and important, and they're trying to appeal to a broad set of players with their "endgame" content - hence the 1/2/3/6/12 options. What they're not doing this time is spending much of their "compelling content" money on a rather modest percentage of their players. This isn't quantum mechanics, just common sense.

Khafar

Didn't they mention somewhere in the 20 questions that the reason they went this direction was because it's what the story dictated? If you think about it, from the PoV of the Free Folk, this is defensive action against an invading, marching army or Uruks who have no desire to do anything but smoke and rubble anywhere they go. IMO, It makes more sense to setup group content to try and appease the raiders as well as folks who want to fight in Helms Deep, rather than some other option - some multi-boss raid that has no basis in the books that a much smaller customer base, and leave everyone else out of fortress.

I always want to know how can a percentage of raiders be determined?

I have been a raider from level 60. I spend whatever time I can raiding, but because of locks and other variables that's usually 6 hours a week give or take. However I may spend an easy 30 hours a week in-game. Do you count my raid time as trivial because it takes me 3 hours to complete a multi-boss multi-wing raid on level with a kin and then be locked out for the rest of the week? (This was obviously during the raid-lock era.)

Do you assume that 1000 people log on my server and it's broken out by: 200 only stay for 5 minutes to check their mail because they're taking a break from the game; 500 are doing questline content on alts or mains, leveling, working for gear by doing warbands or smaller instances for seals; 100 are actively raiding at this moment when you look; 200 are crafting for themselves and other.

In the above scenarios it would appear the actual usage of the raid content would be 10% or less. But 10% of what? 10% of the individual accounts that log on just to check mail and don't do anything? 10% of the accounts that are actively raiding at the moment you look while 90% of the rest of their time is spent getting ready to raid?

Out of 1000 people that log on in a day only 10% went to group content that day? Or only 10% have ever gone on that account to a raid?

What makes the percentage.... percentage of what?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by NekuDoku View Post
    I know its called big battles now, however that does not tell us anything.
    The Helms Deep preorder pages offers a "Read more" under the "Enlist in Epic Battles." That's all we know.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

You ignored this:
    I have a question for all you posters that are celebrating the exit of the game by Raiders, PVPers and groupers.
    I'm a grouper, as are all my friends
    I'm a part time raider, as are all my friends
    I'm a PvPer, as are most of my friends.

No one is exiting
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I'm a grouper, as are all my friends
    I'm a part time raider, as are all my friends
    I'm a PvPer, as are most of my friends.

No one is exiting
    Sadly I would disagree. I come from a pretty hard core raiding kin. Many have left the game, never to come back. A year ago when Erebor came out some came back briefly, were disappointed, and left. More are saying they believe the direction it's going they're done.

You may be a grouper and part time raider, but those of us that raid more than part time are finding that there's little if anything here for us. I am already to the point I log in every couple weeks to check mail and keep storage kins alive, but I no longer play the 30 hours a week I did for the past 5 years. I still love lotro - I just don't see the well designed instances and raids we had even up through RoI.

So yes. Part time raiders may stay, but for those of us that's our main play style, many have left and more are leaving.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Sadly I would disagree. I come from a pretty hard core raiding kin. Many have left the game, never to come back. A year ago when Erebor came out some came back briefly, were disappointed, and left. More are saying they believe the direction it's going they're done.

You may be a grouper and part time raider, but those of us that raid more than part time are finding that there's little if anything here for us. I am already to the point I log in every couple weeks to check mail and keep storage kins alive, but I no longer play the 30 hours a week I did for the past 5 years. I still love lotro - I just don't see the well designed instances and raids we had even up through RoI.

So yes. Part time raiders may stay, but for those of us that's our main play style, many have left and more are leaving.
    You cant say the raids suck if you haven't done them, can you? '

You cant say the raids suck if you haven't done them, can you? '
    I have done all the raids currently in the game including T1, T2, and most T2c. There are no new raids coming.

I feel entitled to say the Erebor raids were very disappointing.

I have done all the raids currently in the game including T1, T2, and most T2c. There are no new raids coming.

I feel entitled to say the Erebor raids were very disappointing.
    Big battles are the *raids*

Big battles are the *raids*
    I disliked Hytbold personally. When I was told it was rebuilding the town I assumed incorrectly I would be actively doing something in the town to be rebuilt. Instead I was sent to do emotes pretending to be dressage (I competed in dressage for several years and trust me, that ain't dressage!), clicking a box near a standard pretending to shoot it, riding a stick horse around Harwick, playing dressup (god I hated that worst of all), chasing children around Harwick..... none of which has anything to do with rebuilding Hytbold.

I know that Big Battles are what Turbine intends to take the place of raids but they never said they *were* raids. I know nothing about them other than what the devs have released in their 20 questions thread and the bits and pieces they have let drop as teasers. They are described as different than the traditional raids so they could just as easily be the *skirmishes* or the *warbands* of the future. Or they could be something completely different.

My idea of a raid is a multi-boss progressive instance with different tiers of difficulty and appropriate rewards where it takes many classes contributing to their fullest in order to defeat the waves of adds and boss at the end. Hurrah, we open the chest, at least a couple people get shinies, and we all compare notes and talk about it and prepare for the next time. DN, BG, OD, ToO are raids. Watcher and Draigoch were lair raids with some interesting mechanics. Erebor was a joke. Since Turbine has already said I'm not getting these we shall see if their idea of a Big Battle is my idea of worthy content and that of the raiding kin I belong to. If not, what little remains of my raiding buddies will probably go the way of the dinosaur and disperse into other games.

From the 20 questions thread:
    Q1: What are “Big Battles” and what do you mean by "big"? How many active enemies will be involved?
    Q2: Why the change from traditional instance clusters to this new system?
    The Battle for Helm’s Deep is a new style of instance content. A brand new system is being utilized to create the Helm’s Deep experience in the way we feel it deserves, and demands, to be presented. It was clear from the start that in order to present the scope and measure of full throated war, we could not simply build instance, skirmish, and/or raid content in the fashion we had always done with the same tools we had been using.

I disliked Hytbold personally. When I was told it was rebuilding the town I assumed incorrectly I would be actively doing something in the town to be rebuilt. Instead I was sent to do emotes pretending to be dressage (I competed in dressage for several years and trust me, that ain't dressage!), clicking a box near a standard pretending to shoot it, riding a stick horse around Harwick, playing dressup (god I hated that worst of all), chasing children around Harwick..... none of which has anything to do with rebuilding Hytbold.

I know that Big Battles are what Turbine intends to take the place of raids but they never said they *were* raids. I know nothing about them other than what the devs have released in their 20 questions thread and the bits and pieces they have let drop as teasers. They are described as different than the traditional raids so they could just as easily be the *skirmishes* or the *warbands* of the future. Or they could be something completely different.

My idea of a raid is a multi-boss progressive instance with different tiers of difficulty and appropriate rewards where it takes many classes contributing to their fullest in order to defeat the waves of adds and boss at the end. Hurrah, we open the chest, at least a couple people get shinies, and we all compare notes and talk about it and prepare for the next time. DN, BG, OD, ToO are raids. Watcher and Draigoch were lair raids with some interesting mechanics. Erebor was a joke. Since Turbine has already said I'm not getting these we shall see if their idea of a Big Battle is my idea of worthy content and that of the raiding kin I belong to. If not, what little remains of my raiding buddies will probably go the way of the dinosaur and disperse into other games.
    Well, you can't judge content that hasn't been released, can ya? Let's just wait and see... It might even bring your raiding buddies back!

(I hate Hytbold to, how do you think I felt farming tokens for my runekeepers armour(2nd lvl 85) and my wardens armour(Soon to be lvl 85))

Well, you can't judge content that hasn't been released, can ya? Let's just wait and see... It might even bring your raiding buddies back!

(I hate Hytbold to, how do you think I felt farming tokens for my runekeepers armour(2nd lvl 85) and my wardens armour(Soon to be lvl 85))
    I have 8 or 10 characters currently at level 85, including 3 level capped minstrels, a champ, captain, hunter, RK, LM (can't remember where I left the burg and the 2nd champ, I pretty much lost the will to live at that point). I have crafters of every kind all at the max rep for their guilds.

Because of the RNG debacle in Erebor and the lack of Wildemere to have any draw whatsoever many have already left and found other games. They are not coming back for HD.

I have 8 or 10 characters currently at level 85, including 3 level capped minstrels, a champ, captain, hunter, RK, LM (can't remember where I left the burg and the 2nd champ, I pretty much lost the will to live at that point). I have crafters of every kind all at the max rep for their guilds.

Because of the RNG debacle in Erebor and the lack of Wildemere to have any draw whatsoever many have already left and found other games. They are not coming back for HD.
    ...a lot of guesses from a lot of people in this forum, but guesses only based on their small sample (aka freinds/kinships)

Now, have you considered that those players are still around - but just wanted out of whatever circle of friends you had going?

This happens as often as the "I quit" - people suddenly up and leave a kinship/friend group, ignore them or rename char.

Quite a few people on landroval who were very popular years ago, that most think have left Landroval....are just hiding from their old buddies - they got new chars, identified themselves to who they wanted, and continued on raiding.

That's just as much possible as "they left the game" maybe they "just left you."

So lets not guess without absolutely knowing, I play US servers during aussie nights, I'm recognized enough that when I say i'm forming a group I usually always get the same people from a list of 50 that always follow me raid-wise, for years - so consider that, effortless raid forming, in off-peak times on servers, be it t1 to t2c, its always finished a success.

So....if raiding, or even pug raid forming is effortless in the servers lowest population of the day....I don't think the issue is raiders are leaving. You just lost your friendly raiders - branch out and meet new folks because there's raiding 24/7 available, its not as bad (raiders leaving) as everyone makes it out to be.

It's okay to feel down about your current circles predicament. But to assume its global - is inaccurate and waste of forum space. Been raiding for here for 4 years - I almost recognise on site 50+ people from various kins that will drop everything in a second to form a run. And those numbers haven't changed
    (yet we all seem to do the same thing - we don't invest into one MMO because with only one you will suffer a burn-out and likely quit, balance it with a few games and you'll find you will have more fun spending a day or two in one MMO then a day or two lotro, etc----so maybe get a secondary MMO)

....turbine can throw tomatoes at me for my last sentence.

Thank you for what I think was meant to be encouraging. LOL

I play on Gladden, not a high population server. Pugs are possible during peak hours depending on what you want to do. Most of Erebor was 3-and-out so people could farm seals. I've known or seen many of my kin for all 5 years - both together in this kin, together in another kin, or seeing each other in glff.

As a minstrel I never have a problem finding a group, and I am able to get in with some of the most reliable pug leaders on the server if there's nothing kin-wise going on. I don't suffer from a lack of groups - I suffer from a lack of content.

The people I know of that left, I keep in touch with via fb or through other means. They have left the game, and most don't intend to come back. A few will come back to check out Helms Deep but unless there's content they like they won't stay. By spring this year we were done with Erebor, no reason to do other scaled raids, and the RNG drop rate drove several out just by itself. Doing hundreds of instance farming for a specific gold piece to watch person after person pick it up but never have it drop for you killed the content for at least 3 serious raiders I know.

We each have our opinions and both are valid based on our own experience. Only time will tell what really comes to pass.

I apologies if I came across as snarky.

I don't suffer from a lack of groups - I suffer from a lack of content.
    I think there's more than enough content, and I don't see myself that Helm's Deep is missing group content. Yes it won't be an intricate Raid but, well I will only speak for myself -

- I mostly joined LOTRO because my partner dragged me here kicking and screaming even though I was a avid reader of Tolkien's works long before the movies and when convinced to play I imagined my future in LOTRO being well...big battles. Fighting in "Big Battles (bad name TM)" from Helm's Deep to The Black gates and everything in between - and after. It's finally beginning to happen and I hope it works well (for my tastes at least).

So I will have access to every raid/skirmish, instance and a big battle system. Obviously skaids would level to 95 but never be much challenge, I'm sure some of the other raids/instances will be scaled not too long after Helm's Deep...I don't know about you but I think I'll be satisfied in the group content department.

By spring this year we were done with Erebor, no reason to do other scaled raids, and the RNG drop rate drove several out just by itself. Doing hundreds of instance farming for a specific gold piece to watch person after person pick it up but never have it drop for you killed the content for at least 3 serious raiders I know.

For a much shorter while than you, I fell for the same trap and I do believe it really is a trap. I wanted those gold drops - got two, both utterly useless for the chars grouping build, so essentially had 0 golds I'd find useable which irked me. Then I thought about it, looked at my current gear - I don't need those golds for t2c, so therefore I didn't want them.

Since then what was beginning to feel like a chore, became fun again. I was only doing instances/raids that I wanted to do for the instance itself rather than any reward. Maybe I am content with lulls in raid content because I do have another MMO I split my game-time with so two sets of raiding (though I mostly pvp in the other game I play, but recently some end-game group pve content under the belt) ... and tbh, I do still enjoy most LOTRO runs - if I don't spam them and I'm not really caring about drops/rewards for a few months.

No Raids huh? Seriously???

Well been playing the game since closed beta, and every expansion was great up to and including Rise of Isengard. I have been enjoying the challenge of this game with multiple people; I mean the game is classified as a MMO right? For me raiding was just the best, the harder it was the better. I loved it when my kinship would routinely meet on Tuesday and Thursday and spend hours perfecting our strategy to accomplish the Tier 2 Challenge. To witness the screen roll the obtained challenge credit was just a huge payoff for all the work the kin put in the raid, and my kin did accomplish all the raids. This challenge of the game was what made the game. Since LOTRO open the doors, this game was not exactly geared for casual play. If I wanted to play Chutes and Ladders I obviously would never of logged in.

When RoI was released the questing was enjoyable, really did not think much of the new combat horse system, but hey. no big deal. I heard my kinmates discussing the new raids and they were not exactly thrilled, not like Orthanc. When Orthanc was the 'End Game' content there was a buzz, there was excitement just like all prior raids; none of which existed with the new raids in RoR. So I log in on a Saturday afternoon within a month of the release of RoR and I just got my LM to 85 that week and I noticed that a kinmate was running a pug for T1 BFE. In the teamspeak my buddy asked if I wanted in and I accepted. First thing I noticed was there was only 1 minstrel and no other healer, not even a captain. I immediately asked my kin mate, "HEY buddy!! we only have 1 minstrel?!?" His reply was comical, "Do not worry man, this new raid is a joke" I remember that moment like it just happened. I was thinking this is wrong, this all wrong! So as I am looking thru the raid, I notice that there is another LM in the raid, I check this LM over and I notice this character is not wearing any pants or shoes. This LM was missing 3 pieces of jewelry, the morale was like 4k and anything that this LM was wearing was questing reward gear for level 50? I think this character had 1, just 1 purple item equipped. So my kin mate was explaining the fight, took all about 5 seconds, then my kin mate sends me a tell," watch this lm, he does nothing but spin in circles during the raid and eventually dies because he does not move to avoid the catapults. So I need you just to keep stun immunity on the tanks, debuff and dps". Now I am thinking, c'mon this is the new raid, this NEVER would fly in any older raid. So I kept a glance on this LM during the raid, this LM never applied anything of the skills to benefit the raid. There are only 2 targets and this LM was attacking the wrong target, surprise right? So needless to say the raid was completed and people were starting the voodoo magic dance for the loot from the chest. As I suspected I just got a rune and a relic, but, that LM, that LM that plays the game a whole total of 2 hours every year receives the coveted LM gold cloak?!?!? This I will remember for the rest of my life, I totally told myself,' hey, do not fret, do not get upset, I am sure that if this LM can get that cloak, then... then with the kinship I am in, I am guaranteed to get that thing!!'

During RoI, my kinmates and I ran Foundry like 60 thousand times only to be 2nd to the Roots of Fangorn runs. I was totally confident that I would receive loot like I always have. I mean I probably have ran the Mirkwood SG 6 man a million times, just on my tank alone ok? I will not even mention the insanity of running the Moria 6 mans, but I loved every single second of the game with all those runs, that to me was LOTRO and I was in heaven. Well a few hundred runs in Fornost, several hundred runs in the 3 mans and the other content including raid t2 challenge and to no avail, not one, not one gold item to drop for me. So this randomization loot is beyond disgusting, it is a deterrent for me to play. I was much happier when I knew I could run an instance enough times and obtain an item that I truly wanted, and RoR totally destroyed that. Yet, I still played. I mean BFE T2 Challenge was a decent challenge. I am not even going to mention the other 2 raids ok, better off that way. None the less, for 5 years I knew that if there was a rare loot item that I wanted then it was not impossible to acquire. Unlike RoR, not only can it be impossible but a SLACKER that barely plays can acquire loot that I desperately desire. If I would of known that from the start, I would not of paid for RoR, simply saying (and I paid for the $70 version months before the release).

You know, you build friendships with people running things of this nature repetitively, let alone most can learn to improve their play by these 6 mans. I mean I saw many horrific players improve tremendously by joining the Mirkwood SG 6 man back in those days. The Moria 6 mans had the same quality, you want the best loot, then earn it! These 6 mans were a perfect chance for people to give just a little effort to learn to play the game and then go raid. The game seems to be losing its way with the challenge, the spirit of what the game was birthed with. I remember the Helegrod raid and all the buzz around it, and then before anyone knew it the Rift was released. Oh boy, those times were just simply awesome!! I know that when the RIft was released I could not find a person who DID NOT want to raid! EVERYONE wanted to raid, everyone wanted to take part in the end game content, and more importantly everyone did. This was even more evident when Moria was released, Moria was the best release that this game ever had, and Mirkwood was great, little small but great all the same. OD was awesome only knock was no 6 man, and Orthanc was more than satisfying, it was awesome. There was a challenge at every expansion. (not talking about the additional goal in the instances, talking about the term challenge and everything it stands for, something that is not easy, something one works at... a challenge)

Then we have RoR, ya know I slept thru my first attempt in the Bells of the Dale T2 6 man, after my kinmates and I got the instance done (first try) I cussed out my kinmate for setting it up on T1. I was shocked to discover that we got the T2 challenge and I truly thought it was set on Tier 1. Now I am supposed to look forward to EPIC battles where a LEVEL 10 CHARACTER CAN JOIN IN FOR THE END GAME CONTENT???? Really? I mean seriously?? Where is the challenge? you know what, there will not be a challenge when a lvl 10 character can join lvl 95 character in the 'end game' content. There I said it! This is not the LOTRO I know, this is a nightmare and it is all wrong and I want someone to wake me already. A game by definition dictates challenge, some are easy some are hard; there is zero challenge when you have a person spend years working on a character only to see some guy spend 20 minutes on a brand new character and then participate in the current 'end game' content. This is becoming like a retreat for misguided souls that find life too hard and here EVERYBODY WINS!! This is bad, this will not be the LOTRO we have spent the past 6 years with.

Here is an example of what I am saying, look at the movie The Matrix, when Hugo Weaving has Larry Fishbourne captive and is interrogating him. Hugo starts to explain the history of the Matrix to Larry, telling him the first Matrix was a utopia and it utterly failed. A place where everyone had what they wanted and yet it did not work. I can not think of a better example of what is in store for this game. Last I knew this was not a game for people to just dress up and run thru Simple Sally's Doll House! This game was built on raids and 6 mans and CHALLENGES. If you wanted the best stuff then you had to put an effort to get it. The effort was the most thrilling aspect for me, that is the reason why I played. That is the reason why I did everything I could to improve my play. There was a rewarding end to it all, and now a lvl 10 character can join me in this new 'End Game' content?!?!?!?! You know, I was at a party last Saturday night and I was too embarrassed to tell people that I play LOTRO.

Anyone remember when DDO failed? How many articles of gaming media slammed it? Funny, LOTRO was round the corner when that happened and then DDO was the first to go 'Free to Play' in 2008. Is there not some Harry Potter online game coming out? Round the corner? Why even have a barter system in LOTRO? Just give all the good stuff as a reward for logging in and then pack the store with 'smiley faces' and 'frowney faces' to appear above the avatars so the people can pay to show everyone else how they feel. Why not just stop this super skirm system and replace it with 'Pie Hunting for Fat Hobbits' and then we can chase after fat, stubby hobbits feeding them more pies. Feed 2 fat hungry hobbits and YOU GET A FIRST AGE!!! Feed 3 fat hungry hobbits and you get WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!! Just change the name of the game to Fat Hungry Hobbits! awe it is so cute, and everybody wins... yay (say it really slow the second time) y..a..y!

I am not paying any money for some 'super skirm end game content', skirms were such a pain in the rear as it was and that is the only thing to look forward too?? ya know, I play on a bunch of servers here and I can honestly say that there is hundreds of people that have quit this game or are planning to quit. Does not take a genius to see the lack of people logging in as of late, and I know there will be more to leave. Hundreds of people are leaving. The heart of this game has been consistent between 2007 thru 2012, and it is officially gone. So go ahead and slam this post 6 ways from Sunday, come January of next year, let us see how many people are still playing. I, for one, will not and funny thing is I have a lifetime membership and once the expansion is released I honestly will cancel it. Got to be really bad for people to cancel a lifetime membership, I do it as a note of protest. This was an awesome game, now it feels like I am at some summer camp for fat kids where everybody gets a cookie Any suggestions for a new game to play the way LOTRO used to be?

Thorwyn99 go play Fat Hungry Hobbits

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast