We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Is that a drinking game ?
    Nothing here matters.

no, it is right up your ally. Go put on a dress and RP at the Prancing Pony. And they said there would be sarcastic people in WoW. What is your purpose in life dude? HEY lests slam people that might have a point on the internet before we even know what they are saying!!! yeah! Dude just go play your RP and stay off the forums.

You're using the word RP as if it's something bad, sorry though if there is no drinking involved i ain't interested.
    Nothing here matters.

guess I should of mentioned the 'kiddie pool' then? I guess then you would have the interest right?

Feel your pain OP. They had created something awesome, but now it's lost. Oh well I just PVMP nao just cause I can't give up the game i still like.
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

this has been discussed several times before. I enjoy the game. I am a solo hardcore player who occasionally joins in a group. I play a warden well. I know how to tank. in the BFE raid you're talking about we have wiped a T1 several times. that raid is not exactly easy even though it's only two enemies there is a lot more going on.

I am actually getting tired of everyone complaining about the content. I loved RoI and RoR. I don't see what's so bad.

This "super skirmish" isn't just any skirmish, it's freakin HELM'S DEEP. the mother of all fortresses. this super skirmish is also not going to work like other instances. there is going to be a lot more to do than fight.

need I also remind you that we already know the outcome of the battle. we know that we are going to win. in the books/movies the heroes never die (save boromir). The game has made you a hero so you should never die. making content too difficult would not guarantee that you will live, so to ensure your "survival" the content has been made easy. I got to tell ya I hate dying I quit the game once when i died because I would have to fight through everything I just did again.

also in the books/movies when the hero makes a swing or fires an arrow at an orc or a goblin, one attack, one kill. I think the game should be easy, it makes us feel more like heroes. it's the common folk who have it difficult, they can't fight orcs and goblins like we can.

and also the epic battles system is what I think several raids in one. I think it's going to work a lot like the battle against isengard [spoiler] the battle where the prince dies[/spoiler]

so just sit back and enjoy the game. so what if it's easy? if you don't like it follow suit and quit just like everybody else. Go play WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Redit View Post
    need I also remind you that we already know the outcome of the battle. we know that we are going to win. in the books/movies the heroes never die (save boromir). The game has made you a hero so you should never die. making content too difficult would not guarantee that you will live, so to ensure your "survival" the content has been made easy. I got to tell ya I hate dying I quit the game once when i died because I would have to fight through everything I just did again.

also in the books/movies when the hero makes a swing or fires an arrow at an orc or a goblin, one attack, one kill. I think the game should be easy, it makes us feel more like heroes. it's the common folk who have it difficult, they can't fight orcs and goblins like we can.

and also the epic battles system is what I think several raids in one. I think it's going to work a lot like the battle against isengard [spoiler] the battle where the prince dies[/spoiler]

so just sit back and enjoy the game. so what if it's easy? if you don't like it follow suit and quit just like everybody else. Go play WOW.

This whole post is just full of absolute rubbish and failure beyond words. This is whats wrong with the world, If you or anyone wants something go get it; If they fail; Do it again and don't just beat your head against a wall, try new ways of doing things. Games are supposed to pose some challenge some since of accomplishment when you do something difficult. If people never fail at anything in a game or in life they are not challenging themselves in any way and for that i pity them and those who associate with them and rely on them. When things get difficult or challenging they have no idea how to handle it and give up.

Orladen
    Legion of Honor: Officer
    Orladen: 75Min | Bobert: 75 Burg | Anisson: 75 LM | Guildabrant 75 Capt | Grindori 75 Champ
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000013c20/01008/signature.png]Orladen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcrest View Post
    HEY lests slam people that might have a point on the internet before we even know what they are saying!!! yeah! Dude just go play your RP and stay off the forums.
    No, he knew what you were saying. As do I. It's just that there's no point. This has been discussed and discussed and discussed and its simply not going to change. It is what it is, and this is about the 500th thread on this same topic. Turbine is trying something different and attempting to get away from the tiered multiboss raid with a gear ladder system that nearly every MMO does. Whether its good or bad remains to be seen. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it is happening.

Oh, and guess what? These forums are open to EVERYONE, not just incredibly rude people that insult others because they have different playstyles. That's why you are allowed to post here despite being an incredibly rude person that insults others because they have different playstyles. See how that works? If you don't like people with different opinions than you posting, then DON'T POST and YOU stay out of the forums.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06203000000062b16/signature.png]Eldrenath[/charsig]

Redit, clearly there is a perception of why we play here. I have nothing against folks that want it easy in the game, there is plenty of content for you. THE BIG DIFFERENCE here is that what you play the game for is not changing, however, why I play the game is changing. Plus, why I even started this game 6 years ago is because of raids, the game has had a stable run on a specific format, and now *poof* it is gone. I truly feel people in my mind set have a reason to be upset, to feel slighted.
    If I wanted to play WoW then I would of never of started LOTRO. I think it is ridiculous that people like myself get slammed for talking about this, the game was birthed with raids. We have had raids for 6 years, I think us raiders have a right to be upset and be vocal about it.
    One last thing, to tell me that BFE T1 was hard, dude that is contradiction to tell me that you thought that was hard and you play your warden well. Dude I know of 5 wardens that can do BFE T2 Challenge, and if you think T1 was hard, have you ever even seen T2C? If this is so absurd to mention, then why did WB/Turbine even have a difficulty factor that exists? BFE T2C was hard, the point was that to gather people in a MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) and work a goal that takes a month or 2 is a rewarding experience. I feel that solo players are ROBBING themselves to try this. It is not easy to get many people on board to work hard and dedicate themselves to the group to ultimately obtain the goal of the group. This is why I played the game, and I am a fan of LOTR.
    Truthfully, this is not a hard concept to comprehend and it just kills me to see people to ignore the obvious.
    I do not need obvious comments to help me understand, and yet again if you read the post then you would recognize that now I am just reiterating. Again, I have been playing since the beginning. To antiquate this for you, it would be no different if they dropped T1 content and only had T2C and the difficulty for questing would be on par for T2C. This game used to be a great challenge, not only is that going away, now I am being bombarded by people that want to tell me I am in the wrong for breaching the loss of what was, and for what... so people do not have to apply themselves to obtain goals. It is all wrong, every little bit of it is all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anisson View Post
    This whole post is just full of absolute rubbish and failure beyond words. This is whats wrong with the world, If you or anyone wants something go get it; If they fail; Do it again and don't just beat your head against a wall, try new ways of doing things. Games are supposed to pose some challenge some since of accomplishment when you do something difficult. If people never fail at anything in a game or in life they are not challenging themselves in any way and for that i pity them and those who associate with them and rely on them. When things get difficult or challenging they have no idea how to handle it and give up.

Orladen
    If someone fails then obviously they weren't up to the challenge. You think I just give up when I die? I said I gave up ONCE. I have died several times and I just went back. he ll even when I quit I took some time off watched a movie then went back and completed it. I usually get super angry and rage quit when i die because of LAG. as a warden lag really interrupts the flow of creating gambits. I rarely die and I usually only die when I bite off more than I can chew. tell me good sir how many regular on-level mobs can you handle 3? 5? 10? I have taken on 30 on-level mobs without dying(every mob in a crafting instance). one time someone saw me do something like this and just applauded. I choose my own difficulty.

EDIT-"ninja reponse"- those raids are still there. you can still go through helegrod, barad guldur, or even a skraid (plenty of options to choose from their). so just because you're not getting a "new" raid. you complain and threaten to quit.

OP. LOTRO is following the pack here in moving away from classic raid format, pretty much all MMOs are getting easier and easier and catering more and more to the solo players and the players who do not have the interest and time to devote to long blocks of time to raiding. The changing demographics are driving this, the folks who play are getting older, life changes push people to shorter blocks of play time. I run into fewer and fewer young people in the MMOs I play. The companies running the MMOs have to adapt or turn off the servers.

WoW introduced the Looking for Raid format where the big raids are broken up into sections with the goal of appealing to the large number of players who do not have the large time blocks to devote to a full run. The goal was that each section take an hour or less. The mechanics are simpler so that no voice communication is needed. The full version is still available for raid guilds with better loot.

Raids in Star Wars are easy on regular setting.

I know I personally no longer have the time nor the interest to do classic format raids after years of raiding in wow. I have not raiding in LOTRO since MoM time period. I personally like the looking for raid format in WoW because I no longer have blocks of 4 plus hours to do the regular version. And I still like LOTRO because I can solo and have fun in a world whose lore I find interesting. I have more concerns about the upcoming class changes and how they will impact the ability of some of my alts to solo effectively and whether by simplifying the classes they will make the class abilities so streamlined and limited that they are boring to solo on due having a simple rotation and nothing else. I rapidly lost interest in guild wars for that reason.

You want hard, unforgiving and brutal, try Eve Online. But then that is pvp, not raiding.

If someone fails then obviously they weren't up to the challenge. You think I just give up when I die? I said I gave up ONCE. I have died several times and I just went back. he ll even when I quit I took some time off watched a movie then went back and completed it. I usually get super angry and rage quit when i die because of LAG. as a warden lag really interrupts the flow of creating gambits. I rarely die and I usually only die when I bite off more than I can chew. tell me good sir how many regular on-level mobs can you handle 3? 5? 10? I have taken on 30 on-level mobs without dying(every mob in a crafting instance). one time someone saw me do something like this and just applauded. I choose my own difficulty.

EDIT-"ninja reponse"- those raids are still there. you can still go through helegrod, barad guldur, or even a skraid (plenty of options to choose from their). so just because you're not getting a "new" raid. you complain and threaten to quit.
    You're either missing the point, or ignoring the point. Either way, your point about the OP's point is way off point.

Attended by Coldaen

hey scrumtrelescent, go join Thorwyn99 in the kiddie pool. If you even had a clue what your saying, you would realize that that dude casted the first stone. Too much for ya I guess. I do not care how many people have already talked about it, CLEARLY it is a topic that is not ready to go away. Like I said let us see how many people are playing come Jan 2014, and if it does fail then all you people that wanted to slam us raiders can go find another game just like us. God forbid you try to understand what your preaching here. ANYONE that treats me rudely, then I am RUDE right back guy. What is the matter, I am not allowed to have a backbone? Like I said join that dude in the RP kiddie pool. Rude enough for ya? I can take it up a notch.
    Manners maketh the man. 'nuff said.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    You're either missing the point, or ignoring the point. Either way, your point about the OP's point is way off point.
    The Ops point is the same being made since Big Battles were announced back when and before that. There's in fact at least 3 threads with the same topic right below his, could have used one of those.
    Besides the pretty skewed view on things it usually doesn't help your point to insult a playstyle right in your first post. But hey there is obviously a reason the OP uses an account with no posts.
    Nothing here matters.

oh my THis is why I stayed off the forums in my 6 years here
    What the hell is wrong with you people? first guy is rude, second guy is cool with the only response I was looking for, the rest... talking about raids and some guy refers to a pvp game, another guy wants to criticize about my response to a rude response that was thrown at me first, then the topic gets converted to something else...

HEY her we GO
    LOTRO for 6 years HAD raids!!
    Lotro dropping raids
    Raiders feel slighted

What the hell is so hard to understand here?????? Should of labeled post ONLY RAIDERS REPLY PLEASE! No I gotta get Circle 7 and their sisters to comment around the original point and start arguments???
    THIS IS WHY IN MY 6 YEARS I STAYED AWAY FROM THESE FORUMS, total stupidity

oh my THis is why I stayed off the forums in my 6 years here
    What the hell is wrong with you people? first guy is rude, second guy is cool with the only response I was looking for, the rest... talking about raids and some guy refers to a pvp game, another guy wants to criticize about my response to a rude response that was thrown at me first, then the topic gets converted to something else...

HEY her we GO
    LOTRO for 6 years HAD raids!!
    Lotro dropping raids
    Raiders feel slighted

What the hell is so hard to understand here?????? Should of labeled post ONLY RAIDERS REPLY PLEASE! No I gotta get Circle 7 and their sisters to comment around the original point and start arguments???
    THIS IS WHY IN MY 6 YEARS I STAYED AWAY FROM THESE FORUMS, total stupidity
    Well, there certainly is stupidity here now that you're back! And welcome!

Oh, and /non-raider posting in thread. Yay for me!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06203000000062b16/signature.png]Eldrenath[/charsig]

One last thing, to tell me that BFE T1 was hard, dude that is contradiction to tell me that you thought that was hard and you play your warden well. Dude I know of 5 wardens that can do BFE T2 Challenge, and if you think T1 was hard, have you ever even seen T2C?
    No I have not seen T2C. I don't have the equipment to do that. I don't raid that much so I am not expecting to get the best equipment. I have never had a 1st age LI. everything about the game is based off of equipment. I have only started playing in April 2011 so my collection of stuff hasn't been that great... until NOW.

see the thing is every time I grind enough of something to get great awesome gear, better gear is coming out. I have taken the hytbold armor over ANY gold armor they have come out with. the set bonuses outweighs the individual miniscule increase of the gold armor. I would like to hold on to my gear for a very long time I had my 2nd age spear made for me way back in January when I actually won a symbol from BG T1. I still have that same spear.

so now that in 2 months we are going to level 95 better gear will have made itself available. hopefully I will find armor better than the hytbold armor. for the last several months I have been stocking up on things that hopefully turbine won't take away from me. I already know that they are going to take my 380 seals and convert them to medallions. but they can't take my 5000 gold, or my crazy amount of relics(maybe ~100 T9 worth, not sure), or my 150,000 shards. this should be more than enough to get the equipment that I want, and maybe, just maybe I can raid with the big dogs. this stuff takes time to gather.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    There is some sense in spending more on raids than the proportion of raiders because that content is disproportionally more expensive to make. It doesn't make sense to devote the sort of budget to the process that would be appropriate if the raiding community were a significantly larger proportion of the player base than it is.
    This week Trion is putting out a free update for "Rift" with one new Chronicle (1-2 person instance), one 5-person dungeon, and two, 20-man raids.
    WOW is putting out a 14-boss raid.

Looks like I found out where all the raiders went. While I will agree that MMO's are headed in the casual direction. Looks like other MMO's have no problems producing content for folks that group. And Rift is free to play and has been in existence for far less time than Lotro. Other games have made the group content more accessible to more players. That's how you get people interested in group play.

You betcha. I do so myself. After all, "duo" is a group.
    Name one piece of content geared toward a duo group other than skirms. I'm going to say that is a minority group based on the production of content for it.

According to Sapience the "single digit" proportion (that is, no more than 10%) has been true for the last six years, so if raiders have left, then so have non-raiders.
    You are still under the impression that only raiders use the Instance cluster. No need for italics I can read.

Discourage...no. Face reality...yes. You can ask all you want, but it's a small proportion of the player base asking for a large proportion (or, at least, a much larger than their own proportion) of development dollars to be devoted to their pet cause. A realistic assessment would be that, while some raid scale content will likely be developed, such development is not going to dominate the overall content development volume.
    I face reality every time I log in. Successful games are improved in all areas via an xpac. You point to a small population again as if Raiders are the only ones using the instance cluster. From what I have seen, being part of a formerly large kin, is that there are player that engage in 3 and 6 man content but are still afraid to run raids. I guess we can just group these players in with the raiders though.

Can a duo add a third? Sure. Is it easy? Not necessarily. When I duo, it's with my wife and we're sitting in the same room. To add a third character to our duo would require a radical shift in communications strategy which would slow and degrade communications and coordination.
    It's as easy as making 1 single friend in game. As far as communications goes many players have mics or can read chat. I have never played an MMO where another player has sat in the same room as me, yet I have no problem finding others to play with. And certainly most can read chat or use a mic.
    I guess there is no need for a mic if you are playing alone.

If you are not celebrating the end to compelling group content then why take the opportunity to post in every one of the Raider/group related threads? To inject reality? Will it hurt you if groupers get one ounce of compelling content? That's all most are asking for and plenty of other games are offering it.

So why are you posting in group related threads if your only grouping experience comes at the duo level? You know I do not use the PVP feature of this game. But you don't see me in every PVP thread telling them they are a minority so they should get no content. As someone who gets bored easily but solo content, you don't see me in every solo only thread ripping on those people, telling them they should not have their content.

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    I face reality every time I log in.
    Strictly speaking, surely that is what you do every time you logout?
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    This week Trion is putting out a free update for "Rift" with one new Chronicle (1-2 person instance), one 5-person dungeon, and two, 20-man raids.
    WOW is putting out a 14-boss raid.
    I still believe you're dismissing the big battles too quicky.
    I mean that is the beauty of WOWs raid finder they make a space, art assets and stuff for the raid finder and a big chunk of people then add modes for higher difficulties and much smaller percentages of players.
    They can always say a huge chunk of people used the raiding space even if only 1% of the people ever stepped into a hard mode. And just making the hard and normal modes must be alot cheaper than making the whole art assets and stuff again.
    I think big battles could work out the same way.
    Ironically enough the raid finder is a subject of much contempt with the raider community over in WOW.

Trion is badly struggling at the moment, it would not surprise me if things slowly change over at Rift too especially now that they moved over to F2P.
    Nothing here matters.

The interesting question to me is whether:

Raiders stopped playing/raiding so Turbine began to figure out other ways to distribute raid-quality loot among the playerbase.

--or--

Turbine began using other means to distribute raid-quality loot among the playerbase which caused raiders to stop playing/raiding.

--H

P.S. I also wonder if there's still hope of the Rift ever scaling to level cap.
    "Ephemeral" does not mean what I think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post

Raiders stopped playing/raiding so Turbine began to figure out other ways to distribute raid-quality loot among the playerbase.

--or--

Turbine began using other means to distribute raid-quality loot among the playerbase which caused raiders to stop playing/raiding.

--H

It does not matter which came first, the problem is we have arrived at the end of traditional raiding. Whether or not Big Battles will hold our interest remains to be seen.

With the major skill revamps coming I am no longer opposed to scaling the Rift. The way things are going no one will be able to experience it in its former glory even with the level-cap-xp disabler and the use of NO LIs come Helms deep.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post

--or--

--H

Wait a sec i thought it was about the challenge, not the loot ?
    Nothing here matters.

No I have not seen T2C. I don't have the equipment to do that.
    Unless you are DPSing a First Age isn't going to make much of a difference. For a tank it's negligible. LoTRO is probably the least "gear-checked" MMO on the market. One of the first kins that beat BFE T2C had tanks literally pulled off the shelf with very little in terms of top-tier gear.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Wait a sec i thought it was about the challenge, not the loot ?
    Really? I was under the impression it was about the fun of playing with 12 other kinmates. Completing some difficult content AND getting a reward for doing it. But when all is said and done people remember more funny moments than remember what drops in the chest.

Can they tell you about the time that x happened? Yes

Can they tell you what dropped in the third chest of OD and who won it? no unless someone won some extraordinary item.

I'm glad to see the stereotyping hasn't stopped amongst the cynics.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast