We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is included in the Expansion?

This page https://www.lotro.com/en/helmsdeep indicates that there are 4 parts to Helm's Deep:

The Epic Books (Fight for Rohan's Survival)

The landscape quests (Explore Western Rohan)

The Epic Battles (Enlist in Epic Battles)

The class changes (Revitalize Your Role)

So we know that the Epic Books are always FTP, and the the class changes will affect everyone whether they buy HD or not. <- Free, so not part of the Helm's Deep purchase. This includes the level cap raise to 95, presumably.

And we know that the landscape quests & deeds for a new region always have to be bought. <- Paid with HD purchase.

So, are Epic Battles the feature that makes this an expansion??

HD contains: over 300 quests, Big Battles (solo, duo,3, 6, 12-man) plus Big Battles trait tree.

in comparison to ROR: over 350 quests, instance cluster, Hytbold feature with various public instances, 3 crafting instances and light and heavy war-steed ... it looks a bit overpriced, but we don't know how much fun we will be having with Big Battles.
    The king is dead, long live the king!

Don't forget the movie ticket!
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/skyn_floote/media/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/skyn_floote/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [b]4 Garden St, Grafshaw, Bree-land Homesteads, Silverlode[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Spydre View Post
    Don't forget the movie ticket!
    You forget that the movie ticket offer is in addition to the basic and premium expansion packs and costs an additional $39.99 (lol)

Color me not impressed! Personally I think this expansion is at least $10 to $15 overpriced, so I will not be pre-purchasing it unless they decide to lower the price before it launches. I didn't think that RoR was worth the price either and didn't pre-purchase it, but I did buy it with my TP (which I had saved up). I will probably be going that route again with HD.

Sorry Turbine, but times are tough and not everyone wants to throw out $40 or more for this kind of expansion. Lower the price and I'll find the money to pre-purchase for both hubby and I, but not at the current price. Of course I could always stop paying my monthly sub to "save up" the money for the expansion, but we like being VIP (I have been since the game came out).
    [IMG]http://ttcdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/lotrosig.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    So we know that the Epic Books are always FTP, and the the class changes will affect everyone whether they buy HD or not. <- Free, so not part of the Helm's Deep purchase. This includes the level cap raise to 95, presumably.
    Just quoting my own post because I was wrong: The Epic Books for Helm's Deep come only with the Paid Expansion. :sigh:

Will I get Crystal of Remembrance for every character in my account?

Will I get a crystal of remembrance for every character on my account if I purchase the premium addition of HD?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Just quoting my own post because I was wrong: The Epic Books for Helm's Deep come only with the Paid Expansion. :sigh:
    how do you know it?
    [IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7236/wbj9.jpg[/IMG]

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by YageerSilverscale View Post
    how do you know it?
    Sapience confirmed it.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Sapience confirmed it.
    For people too lazy to hunt down the post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

Requires purchase of the Helm's Deep expansion pack
    • Battle of Helm's Deep (Epic Battles).
    • Epic Story.
    • Western Rohan/Helm's Deep Content (Quests).

Does not require Expansion Pack Purchase

• Class Changes.
    • Level Cap increase.
    • Additional Crafting Tier.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Thanks I missed that.
    I must say there are A LOT of opened posts about HD and yeah, hard to keep track of them all if you don't visit forum every 10 min :P
    (ps. I DO know search exist but still...)
    [IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7236/wbj9.jpg[/IMG]

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

I don't think i'll pre-order this time. I'm not sure it will be for me if there are no instances/raids and just 1 world event + a leveling area.

Maybe 'big battles' will be fun but i don't really want to part with any money until i've seen what i'm getting and how it plays, plus i have to buy 2 expansions (1 for wife)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo10 View Post
    I don't think i'll pre-order this time. I'm not sure it will be for me if there are no instances/raids and just 1 world event + a leveling area.

Maybe 'big battles' will be fun but i don't really want to part with any money until i've seen what i'm getting and how it plays, plus i have to buy 2 expansions (1 for wife)
    big battles / epic battles can be completed in a group. we've been told there not like skirmishes however, scaling them up to 3/6/12man sizes doesn't just increase mobs level and how many there are, but add multiple new mechanics and even more area's of the map.

there are 2 raids and 5 3/6mans iinc (again quoted from sapience somewhere). 7 in total but 2 are solo only. they sound very repeatable and very complicated tbh. so for group content I'm not to worried like I have for many other xpacks.

so don't worry to much about a "raid" if thats all you want as for the first time in a while this expansion has something for you
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    big battles / epic battles can be completed in a group. we've been told there not like skirmishes however, scaling them up to 3/6/12man sizes doesn't just increase mobs level and how many there are, but add multiple new mechanics and even more area's of the map.

there are 2 raids and 5 3/6mans iinc (again quoted from sapience somewhere). 7 in total but 2 are solo only. they sound very repeatable and very complicated tbh. so for group content I'm not to worried like I have for many other xpacks.

so don't worry to much about a "raid" if thats all you want as for the first time in a while this expansion has something for you
    Well that makes me feel a bit better, i guess i haven't researched it as much as i should've. Ty Bubu

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post

Anyone remember the much touted battle instances from Angmar? Battle for Aughaire, The Battle Before the Rammas Deluon etc. Sounded great, some people attacking, some people defending bulwarks etc, special barter items as rewards... Everybody ran them for 2 weeks, then got bored of the same thing every time, then forgot about them. How often do you hear people wanting more of them? More than likely this will just be another rehashed version of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo10 View Post

I think it's very prudent of you not to pre-order if you have concerns. I will be also waiting to see how it is received before buying it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000125cd8/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

To enlist as a solider do you need the HD pack, cause I was going to buy it plus the quad pack

Epic Questline has to be unlocked? Guess Turbine wants to upset even more people with this expansion than already expected.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more