We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What happens if don'b buy the upgrade or use TP to get it?

As a Lifetime Acct holder (the real GOLDEN TICKET), what happens if I don't upgrade?

Will the game still be playable, just the old areas or will it be broke and dead?

Months away, just starting to think of options.

You will have the class changes, the epic line, the craft tier upgrade. All the areas to which you have quest/instance access continue to give you quest/instance access.

What you will miss will be the HD quest pack and some Big Battles; I seem to recall that some BB are part of the epic, but I'm not going to search for the quote right now.

I heard of 1 or 2 people who leveled to 85 without buying RoR - seems painful to run skirms and craft and run level 75 instances, etc. but it can be done. Then you can gear by running the instances you've already been running (Sammy, Fornost, Annuminas, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    As a Lifetime Acct holder (the real GOLDEN TICKET), what happens if I don't upgrade?

Will the game still be playable, just the old areas or will it be broke and dead?

I dont know if youll get free access but I doubt it. You just get what you got like every other time. You can get into the areas free but no quests and such
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    I seem to recall that some BB are part of the epic, but I'm not going to search for the quote right now.
    If someone else knows where the quote is, I'd love to see it.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post

You can do anything you want, except do quests in the new area and probably can't do 'big battles' which probably nobody will do anyway.

Basically quests and instances in West Rohan will be locked for you, except for the epic storyline.
    There hasn't been any definite statement about any Big Battles being part of the epic storyline yet, just some comments that they will be introduced in a similar fashion as skirmishes in Mirkwood.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    can't do 'big battles' which probably nobody will do anyway.
    I doubt that..
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Hmmm, maybe it was the comparison to skirmishes where some were part of the epic line (and therefore free) that made me think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If someone else knows where the quote is, I'd love to see it.
    I believe that was mentioned in the last 20Q thread, fairly early on.

I didnt buy either of the last two expansions until they went on sale for reduced TP. I leveled up my main character both times.

Now with a new area, which I havent done on any toons, leveling shouldnt be a major issue. But depending on price at launch I might buy it.

But you can do everything excepts quests and gain reputation and deeds for that map. In the case of Rohan if youre toons were in there you got a lot of TP for deeds that were pretty easy to accomplish, so all in all the price in TP gets a reduction of sorts because you do gain TP by doing content.

I cant remember right now but I think generic Rohan stuff gave me around 300 TP per toon, and I didnt do all the deeds. I know it was a big reduction form RoI which I think gave me over 500. Pretty sure max TP from ROI deeds and whatnot was 575 or something like that and for Rohan it was 375.

I wouldnt doubt it gets lowered even more with Helms Deep. But if you have 7 or 9 toons and do 75% of the stuff there even at 300 TP max youre looking at 1600-2100 TP for deeds alone which is around half what the price will be at release I imagine.