We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Can anyone please post stats on shield from a non-lvl85 character?
    On a lvl 21 character I saw 2 vitality, 3 might. Sorry could not remember the rest.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

So the back item scales to your level.
    Then why does it only has 5 armour ?

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderNL View Post
    So the back item scales to your level.
    Then why does it only has 5 armour ?
    The 5 armour is some weird placeholder thingy, the actual armour stat is added under crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    It scales as you level. Its always item-level-stated to be a gold quality item with the same relation to your character level =)
    I have to say that as a gold quality item its stats are on the weak side. As a lvl85 Guard I get the following

+64 Vit
    +77 Might
    +272 Phy Mit
    +272 Crit
    +483 Arm

It does not compair well to my current lvl85 Cloak (teal/blue/cyna (pick a colour )

581 Arm
    +113 Might
    +421 Max Morale
    +1164 Finesse
    +384 Crit

I guess at least I will not be running around trying to find replacements as I lvl to 95.

Thanks for the pics, appreciated.

That's a very pretty set of cosmetics, especially the shield. Thanks for taking the time to post them Bels.

The deal-breaker, as always for me, is it cannot be dyed.

Alltogethernow....*sigh*

50% isn't too much?

I'm leveling some chars now with +25% trinkets from some previous pre-sales .. and the pace looks just fine (in Moria now) to level on quests and w/o a need for skirmishes etc.

While 50% is probably great for 3rd+ alt, on the first char that would mean outleveling quests in pretty much any zone? no?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarram View Post
    I'm leveling some chars now with +25% trinkets from some previous pre-sales .. and the pace looks just fine (in Moria now) to level on quests and w/o a need for skirmishes etc.

While 50% is probably great for 3rd+ alt, on the first char that would mean outleveling quests in pretty much any zone? no?
    Pretty much true. But then, if you are the completionist type and have to finish every quest in a zone before moving on then leveling fast is never a good thing. Even without bonuses LOTRO is not hard to level in when you attempt to "do it all".

Looked around some threads but could not find the answer... Does the Basic edition mount also have war-steed cosmetics?

From the Premium edition description: "Exclusive War-steed Bundle (The Steed of the Hammerhand) – an exclusive Rohirrim mount with matching War-Steed appearance"

From the Basic edition description: "The Steed of the Hammerhand – an exclusive Rohirrim Mount"

So, does anybody know if the Basic edition mount also have war-steed cosmetics?

Thanks in advance
    Scrappy
    Westhalian-Firefoot, Vyspark-Crickhollow, I'm not quite 1337 but I'm close...1336
    [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info385-PredictInGameTime.html"]Predict In-Game Time[/URL] plugin
    "Community is all of us together. As the current community, we have a huge opportunity to <transform teh nuubs into our awesomeness>" - Clover (paraphrased)

Well Scrappy, you posted info yourself, Basic edition has ''The STEED of the Hammerhand – an exclusive Rohirrim Mount'', it means a simple horse that looks the same as a war-steed with Rohirrim cosmetics, but is NOT a war-steed. Premium edition has "Exclusive WAR-STEED Bundle (The Steed of the Hammerhand) – an exclusive Rohirrim mount with matching War-Steed appearance", that means with this edition you get a war-steed cosmetics AND a simple horse, the same as with Basic Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Relic View Post
    I have to say that as a gold quality item its stats are on the weak side. As a lvl85 Guard I get the following

+64 Vit
    +77 Might
    +272 Phy Mit
    +272 Crit
    +483 Arm

It does not compair well to my current lvl85 Cloak (teal/blue/cyna (pick a colour )

581 Arm
    +113 Might
    +421 Max Morale
    +1164 Finesse
    +384 Crit

I guess at least I will not be running around trying to find replacements as I lvl to 95.
    I agree. I think it's fine that it's not up to par with teal/gold instance drops of same level, but currently the difference is rather large (I'd expect stats are still given in slices and that some of those slices are used to give +25% exp) . Also stats like Armor really should be better on a gold item than a teal item.

how does the shield look like cosmetically, when worn by a minstrel?

I remember severe clipping errors when playing my minstrel with cloak and shield.
    depending on the skill used, the shield would be switched from left arm to the back, resulting in display errors, with shield and cloak displayed at the same time..

I would imagine this will occur the same with the light minstrel shield, plus this cosmetic..?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000020d796/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel666 View Post
    how does the shield look like cosmetically, when worn by a minstrel?

I remember severe clipping errors when playing my minstrel with cloak and shield.
    depending on the skill used, the shield would be switched from left arm to the back, resulting in display errors, with shield and cloak displayed at the same time..

I would imagine this will occur the same with the light minstrel shield, plus this cosmetic..?
    The shield takes the place of your cloak. Or backpack. It is a back slot item. It will not affect the handheld shield you use at all. You will have to see for yourself what you think of the any potential clipping.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

The tooltip for the shield is not clear to me but seems to suggest that you get +25% (leveling) XP from crafting since it lists it in the same note as Kills and Quest Completions but some of the materials say "Crafting XP" (which I read as helping to level you crafting Apprentice->Journeyman->Expert, ect).

Can anyone who already has the shield checked confirm if you get +25% CRAFTING XP gain using it or just a bonus to leveling XP when crafting?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralDeliveryRouteGrams View Post

Can anyone who already has the shield checked confirm if you get +25% CRAFTING XP gain using it or just a bonus to leveling XP when crafting?
    It is for character XP from crafting.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    That's a very pretty set of cosmetics, especially the shield. Thanks for taking the time to post them Bels.

The deal-breaker, as always for me, is it cannot be dyed.

Alltogethernow....*sigh*
    *sighs loudly* Such a shame these cosmetics can't be dyed.

But they're indeed pretty!!

Also, the green is of a hue that's slightly off in-game green dyes. This makes it a bit of a challenge to match with other in-game cosmetics. I suppose umber (leather on the boots), black (black leather straps) or grey (mail) would work. Going to experiment with the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    The shield takes the place of your cloak. Or backpack. It is a back slot item. It will not affect the handheld shield you use at all. You will have to see for yourself what you think of the any potential clipping.
    yes, that much (shield taking the place of the cloak/backpack) I understood (might have misphrased, due to being a nonnative english speaker or rather: typist).
    I solely was wondering about potential clipping errors, since the usually lefthanded shield gets placed on the back temporarily, thus colliding with any cosmetic there. My guess is that nothing was done so you probably will see your small shield within the cosmetic shield while the skill animation proceeds.

For the moment I am holding my pre-order (totally not a money problem, but since I have severe doubts about the way trait trees are implemented, I want to wait for further information or vote with my purse, so to speak), so I wondered if someone else has a minstrel plus that shield to check the way this behaves with the minstrel skills.

But probably nonsense to use a cosmetic shield when you already have a real shield slotted..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000020d796/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    ---Also, the green is of a hue that's slightly off in-game green dyes. This makes it a bit of a challenge to match with other in-game cosmetics. I suppose umber (leather on the boots), black (black leather straps) or grey (mail) would work. Going to experiment with the black.
    The lack of dyes is the curse of the pre-order cosmetics. :/
    However, the green of the hauberk and the shield looked rather nice when paired with Traveller's hood dyed olive, the RoI pre-order shoulders and gloves (both Eorlingas) and the RoR boots, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    The lack of dyes is the curse of the pre-order cosmetics. :/
    However, the green of the hauberk and the shield looked rather nice when paired with Traveller's hood dyed olive, the RoI pre-order shoulders and gloves (both Eorlingas) and the RoR boots, imo...
    I'm finding I'm having more luck with using greys than greens, and with the odd item that doesn't dye black well but turns black into a greenish grey.

Can the shield be used to change the appearence of your actual shield?
    Seems daft to have a shield in my hand and one on my back. Especially as the Hammerhand Shield matches my Hammerhand armour whilst my actua lshield does not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2