We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Preorder email is in!!!

I'm excited!

What is everyone thinking?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000000b61/signature.png]Thorrod[/charsig]

It's an internet forum, and a gaming one at that.

I'll give you three guesses.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

You're a bit late to the party on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    You're a bit late to the party on this one.
    A little late, I just got the email 5 minutes ago
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000000b61/signature.png]Thorrod[/charsig]

Fold! Big Time!

Call me a rock but in this game of Poker, I'm not even gonna bother to bluff! I've had just too many disappointments over the past two years to get at all excited about HD:

RoI (2011) - Somewhat disappointing with a lot of bugged quests, inexplicable dismounts, poorly implemented content, and a non-sense epic storyline.
    RoR (2012) - Heralded as being the game's biggest expansion, it suddenly had to be delayed for six weeks due to serious problems - and it still didn't work properly on the go-live date; it suffered from severe lag issues, contained a buggy/extremely laggy mounted combat system, and it featured the most ghastly affront to the future of the end-game - in any MMORPG I have ever played! - presented in the shape of a little-known town called Hytbold...

For me LOTRO was once a lifestyle, taking me on the most impressive landscapes and the best storyline ever (SoA Epic Part II)...now, however, I can't even convince myself that staying on as a VIP is even worth the effort or the money. Yester-year's expectations have succumbed to this year's unequivocal "...so what..." and the steps Turbine have taken along the path to Mordor have shattered my belief that any remedy in their possession will be able to rekindle that feeling.

Take my advice: Avoid the disappointment and spend your money on something else - this game is already living on borrowed time, if you ask me...
    Last edited by Barx; Sep 12 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barx View Post
    Call me a rock but in this game of Poker, I'm not even gonna bother to bluff! I've had just too many disappointments over the past two years to get at all excited about HD:

RoI (2011) - Somewhat disappointing with a lot of bugged quests, inexplicable dismounts, poorly implemented content, and a non-sense epic storyline.
    RoR (2012) - Heralded as being the game's biggest expansion, it suddenly had to be delayed for six weeks due to serious problems - and it still didn't work properly on the go-live date; it suffered from severe lag issues, contained a buggy/extremely laggy mounted combat system, and it featured the most ghastly affront to the future of the end-game - in any MMORPG I have ever played! - presented in the shape of a little-known town called Hytbold...

For me LOTRO was once a lifestyle, taking me on the most impressive landscapes and the best storyline ever (SoA Epic Part II)...now, however, I can't even convince myself that staying on as a VIP is even worth the effort or the money. Yester-year's expectations have succumbed to this year's unequivocal "...so what..." and every step Turbine has taken along the path to Mordor has shattered my belief that anything can ever rekindle that feeling.

Take my advice: Avoid the disappointment and spent your money on something else - this game is already living on borrowed time, if you ask me...
    Believe it or not, not everyone shares your opinion.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    We are not all alike -a good thing if you ask me - but I'm not buying this expansion...two major disappointments were enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Funny that.. when I read his post I noticed he used words like he's had too many disappointments, I, for me, my belief, if you ask me. They seem pretty indicative of offering an opinion and not stating fact, dontcha think? So I'm confused as to why you needed to post what you did, instead of perhaps expressing enthusiasm for the preorder and the game itself?