We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521

    lotto's ? Will they ever return

    I don't understand still no lotto's this is getting to be a joke. I Thought one of the reason they made this new site was to fix this. I would have thought we get some bounder bag lotto's since the drop rate is so bad.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,518
    The last lottery I was in was about 2 weeks ago. Lotteries were never supposed to be a regular basis type of thing. The lotteries also weren't the reason for the forum changes. IIRC, they were not the reason at all for the forum changes. The forum changes were to improve performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs considered to junk the lottery system (as they did with signature banners). If we get lotteries, cool. If we don't, then we just plain don't.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    The last lottery I was in was about 2 weeks ago. Lotteries were never supposed to be a regular basis type of thing. The lotteries also weren't the reason for the forum changes. IIRC, they were not the reason at all for the forum changes. The forum changes were to improve performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs considered to junk the lottery system (as they did with signature banners). If we get lotteries, cool. If we don't, then we just plain don't.
    Well is seems u have no clue as I talked with sapience about this and fixing the lotto was a promise made at the time they revamped the web site. Sure I know your type sitting there with your handful of toon at cap and if they are not fixing some end game bug u could care less.

    I feel the same way about the forum they could have just left the way it was. there are many of us that miss the lotto's and we where told it would be fixed who cares about a faster forum anyway.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Well is seems u have no clue as I talked with sapience about this and fixing the lotto was a promise made at the time they revamped the web site. Sure I know your type sitting there with your handful of toon at cap and if they are not fixing some end game bug u could care less.

    I feel the same way about the forum they could have just left the way it was. there are many of us that miss the lotto's and we where told it would be fixed who cares about a faster forum anyway.
    Check the specific forum for lottos. There are a couple discussions about this over there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Well is seems u have no clue as I talked with sapience about this and fixing the lotto was a promise made at the time they revamped the web site. Sure I know your type sitting there with your handful of toon at cap and if they are not fixing some end game bug u could care less.

    I feel the same way about the forum they could have just left the way it was. there are many of us that miss the lotto's and we where told it would be fixed who cares about a faster forum anyway.
    I'm sorry, perhaps I was unclear. My exact words were:

    I wouldn't be surprised if the devs considered to junk the lottery system (as they did with signature banners).
    I never said that it actually happened. I just wouldn't have been surprised by it. And you do realize that what Sapience said was, as you say, at the time that they were preparing the revamp. They undoubtedly had been talking about the revamp for months in advance, during which time it was decided what would go and what would stay. I still wouldn't be surprised if they had considered junking the lottery. In the end, they decided to keep it, and then Sapience let us all know. For some reason I have a vague memory that the lotteries might have been his idea in the first place, and I could totally see him fighting to keep them in (even if they weren't his idea). He had to fight to allow us to have custom signature banners (which may still be removed if people continue to violate the rules about them).

    I do know for a fact that they were trying to improve the performance of the forums. They most certainly did not remodel their entire forums, remove the lorebook, leader boards, etc.,... all just to improve the lotteries.

    What's with the comment about my toons, BTW? I honestly am not greatly bothered by end-game bugs (especially since there are plenty of bugs prior to end-game as well). I get my toons to max level and then leave them sitting in whatever town offers the best services (currently Snowbourn), and then I switch and start leveling the next toon up (working on my champ atm; next up is my cappy, then burg, and finally warden). So I don't understand where your displeasure towards me is coming from. Have I done something to insult you? I don't really recognize your name, so I don't remember saying anything to you in any other threads. If I did, I apologize.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    who cares about a faster forum anyway.
    I do, and I can guarantee that a lot of other folks do too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    4,930

    Exclamation

    LOTRO Lotto is not the game, is random apreciation gift that the devs mail us without any pattern or schedule. They are not forced to bring home candies to their children every night. & they are very busy most of the time making LOTRO a better place. I can happilly play well this game without the lottery, & when lottery is up i just say to devs: "Thanks! Thats a nice gesture of you!".

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  8. #8
    It's amazing how greedy people get something free from time to time, and then complain it's not often enough.

  9. #9
    The lotteries were never regularly to begin with. There were always weeks were nothing happened.
    “A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Takekaze View Post
    The lotteries were never regularly to begin with. There were always weeks were nothing happened.
    That's not true. There were standard multi-day lotteries that ran every week.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldgorger View Post
    That's not true. There were standard multi-day lotteries that ran every week.
    They were never intended to be scheduled lotteries. Sapience said they're not going back to that.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload