We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Suggestions for Next 20 Questions

I think I can speak for more than a few people when I say that the new anti-farming policy (which I am very happy exists now) is a little confusing and leaves a few grey areas. I would like the next 20 questions that you guys release to include at least a few clarifications so we know exactly what is allowed and what isn't. For example, does a 1v1 count as farming? Are we allowed to hold back skills in 1v1s to better challenge ourselves or make a fight more balanced? What about being afk in the moors and being killed without being able to fight back. What if I'm roleplaying a suicidal elf and kill myself after a close, well-fought 1v1 because I just killed the reaver that slaughtered my wife and now I want to pass on to the shores of Valinor or whatever?

With people reporting bans for 1v1ing, I think it's fair to the pvp community to know what exactly is considered rank farming in the eyes of the Customer Service at Turbine. After all, rank farmers got a free pass because it wasn't against the rules, I think you should do solo'rs a solid and clarify the rule before anyone else gets banned.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by xmorzan View Post
    I think I can speak for more than a few people when I say that the new anti-farming policy (which I am very happy exists now) is a little confusing and leaves a few grey areas. I would like the next 20 questions that you guys release to include at least a few clarifications so we know exactly what is allowed and what isn't. For example, does a 1v1 count as farming? Are we allowed to hold back skills in 1v1s to better challenge ourselves or make a fight more balanced? What about being afk in the moors and being killed without being able to fight back. What if I'm roleplaying a suicidal elf and kill myself after a close, well-fought 1v1 because I just killed the reaver that slaughtered my wife and now I want to pass on to the shores of Valinor or whatever?

With people reporting bans for 1v1ing, I think it's fair to the pvp community to know what exactly is considered rank farming in the eyes of the Customer Service at Turbine. After all, rank farmers got a free pass because it wasn't against the rules, I think you should do solo'rs a solid and clarify the rule before anyone else gets banned.
    As far as i can tell the farming policy says it's not against the rules to farm people, as long as it's not with the intention to farm renown. This means you can farm for commendations and Kbs as long as you're not doing it with the intention of farming ranks with how the current policy is worded.
    Last edited by crl13107; Sep 11 2013 at 03:38 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520 a00000006a7cc/signature.png]

Wandering the map looking for others wandering the map is solo'ing. Standing at a predetermined spot in the outskirts is not solo'ing, nor is standing at a fightclub circle.

There should be item that disables renown/infamy gain when you equip it. BOOM Fight club and 1v1 problem solved. Please dont give me praise, I already know how awesome I am =)

Quote Originally Posted by JigsawEarth View Post
    Wandering the map looking for others wandering the map is solo'ing. Standing at a predetermined spot in the outskirts is not solo'ing, nor is standing at a fightclub circle.
    Whether I'm roaming the map or standing at a fight club, if I'm not in a group and am by myself then I am solo. Just because there's a predetermined place to engage a 1v1 doesn't mean I'm there to intentionally surrender my character for the purpose of ranking someone else...unless Turbine says so.

SnH Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by JigsawEarth View Post
    totally false i know many many people who camp map spots and/or popular travel paths (xroads, ec, oc, hh, etc etc etc) and item gathering locations (stone troll corner) for hours waiting for prey...

my issue is that they claim that account history will have a lot to do with judgement... If this is how someone with no farming history is treated how will i be treated? how will people being "griefed" be treated? how will people be able to defend themselves from just being able to enjoy A GAME? are we all expected to walk on eggshells just because we desire more balanced competition?

P.S.

I just wanted to add in that fight clubbing was NEVER apart of this rule that is against farming... standing around watching and/or participating in organized fights is not the "intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank"...

This is just another one of the many reasons why turbine should have simply just limited peoples ability to farm, rather then police the players with this barnyard door sized window of opportunity of a rule... if farming was just apart of the game that wasn't WAI then why not make it so it can't be done? I mean turbine regularly adds invisible walls to prevent people from climbing on top of rocks/walls/keeps, and fix any other bug/exploit that comes up, so whats the big deal with increasing DR from 30 seconds? If making rules against the natural mechanics of the game (WAI or not) is the only way to keep the game a toxic free environment my only thoughts run to, ghost towns are toxic free environments too... and at this rate the moors will be a completely toxic free environment, job accomplished!
    Last edited by Zanishi; Sep 12 2013 at 07:22 AM.
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

There's a Mini on my server that I've decided rp's a pacifist. She doesn't fight. She heals and I often find her solo doing release quests getting An or the hobbit dude in Grothum to kill stuff for her as she heals them.

I gank her all the time. I figure that's my job. I think it's the one situation though where I'm concerned about how it might look in a log - simply because she doesn't fight back.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    There's a Mini on my server that I've decided rp's a pacifist. She doesn't fight. She heals and I often find her solo doing release quests getting An or the hobbit dude in Grothum to kill stuff for her as she heals them.

I gank her all the time. I figure that's my job. I think it's the one situation though where I'm concerned about how it might look in a log - simply because she doesn't fight back.
    This is why we would benefit from Turbine spending just a few minutes to add some clarity to the new rule. With all the ugly rumors coming around, it's only fair to us to be told what the rule is prohibiting rather than leaving us to speculate.

SnH Landroval